Post by Boston Irish » 4 years ago

Thank you Ladies my internet 👎😖
3 x

RS

Re: Update on bidding limits

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Amy wrote:
4 years ago
Have to wonder if it’s worth the aggravation/frustration & most of the time disappointment. 🙄🙄🙄
Likely not. I have recently won a few things on RA but not the really nice stuff like I used to. Just for giggles....I just went through allllllllll my past orders. So many of them were from RA. I only started here in 2019.
The things I won from RA are such nice pieces. And wow have prices increased! A few items I tossed back from RA I think now “ WHY DID I DO THAT?!” And the prices I won them at were soooooo low compared to now.

What a difference a year makes!
10 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

@Moderator_Preston You might want to check Merilee she is at it again and she has been doing it for over a week now, funny when I put my bid in it kept telling me I was to high so I kept lowering it by a dollar until I no longer got the message but again I was out bid, now how can that be? If I was told it was to high and came down in increments of a dollar how did I get out bid, It seems like the same rule is not applied to everyone. I saw Merilee bidding $399 on an item that sells online for less then $200. She has been doing this on numerous items all week.I just took some items off my bidding list because again she is doing this on the items I was trying to get, todays date 3/29/2020
7 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
@Moderator_Preston You might want to check Merilee she is at it again and she has been doing it for over a week now, funny when I put my bid in it kept telling me I was to high so I kept lowering it by a dollar until I no longer got the message but again I was out bid, now how can that be? If I was told it was to high and came down in increments of a dollar how did I get out bid, It seems like the same rule is not applied to everyone. I saw Merilee bidding $399 on an item that sells online for less then $200. She has been doing this on numerous items all week.I just took some items off my bidding list because again she is doing this on the items I was trying to get, todays date 3/29/2020
Good morning,

Thank you so much for making me aware of this. I have found one of the listings she is currently bidding on, and forwarded the listing to our online auctions team so they can do further investigation. Thank you again for bringing this up, and I hope you are having a beautiful day!
5 x

Ruby

Post by Ruby » 4 years ago

I have some videos that I took of just some of the ridiculousness that the auction has become. I would LOVE to share those with you guys, if possible. Also, the ability to delete items from my purchase box has been removed. Why is that? If I definitely decide I don't want an item, I used to be able to delete it and move on, making way for other items in my list of 100 winning bids. Now it just sits there for 3 days.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Ruby wrote:
4 years ago
I have some videos that I took of just some of the ridiculousness that the auction has become. I would LOVE to share those with you guys, if possible. Also, the ability to delete items from my purchase box has been removed. Why is that? If I definitely decide I don't want an item, I used to be able to delete it and move on, making way for other items in my list of 100 winning bids. Now it just sits there for 3 days.
You bid on and win 100 items then pick and choose what you want?

To me that is abuse of the system just as much as overbidding.
8 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 4 years ago

I confirm that the possibility to remove items from the won bids does not exist anymore.The only way to remove some is to click on the cart for purchase and then to click on pay later.Once the items are on pay later scroll up to see them and now you can remove them .There is one problem:. you cannot remove them completely because the last one on the pay later is not removable. So, it will stay in your cart until expiration or you can remove it if you win other items and than choose what you want to put on pay later and remove. Hope it helps.
2 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

@Moderator_Preston Thank you Preston for looking in to this, I again tonight saw that same person doing this again, if they are not buying the items that they are bidding crazy over the top for then shop lc loses out too, some of us really want what we bid on and pay for our items.
4 x

buyitall

Post by buyitall » 4 years ago

Yeah, when I first joined the Shoplc family I really enjoyed the auctions and won some pretty good deals. It upsets me when I see the same names(bidders) ALWAYS winning. Sometimes they put in such high max bids there’s no way to compete. The bidders that end up paying more for the item than they can actually buy it for (with % off) amaze me . Do these people just have endless pocketbooks or shoul I say credit cards??? I am thankful that Shoplc is try to stop some of this stuff so everyone will have a fair shot at winning!
3 x

Monte2433

Post by Monte2433 » 3 years ago

I have been trying to place bids on Montana Sapphire. However, I cant even come close to the bids because "Paula" overbids every item. A necklace that was for sale on the web at $125 and to outbid her I had to bid over $300 which I had no intention of buying the item at. She has been doing this for the past 3 weeks and other items I noticed. But I really noticed on the sapphire since I was interested in it.
1 x