Monday (3/30) Coffee ☕☕☕

Gypsy

Re: Monday (3/30) Coffee ☕☕☕

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

@RS

Everything is out of order and conversations are broken 🥺 We aren't able to "chat" and respond to each other. -Gypsy
5 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

To All:

I just realized I had multiple "likes" on some of my posts but when I went to Notifications there is nary a "like" for days. This does not bother me all that much except for one thing. When I don't have something to say (we all know how rare that is--but it happens) I push the heart symbol to let you know I agree or particularly like what you had to say. But if I am not getting my likes, probably neither are you!

So here it is a GREAT BIG HEART for all of you who take the time and effort to share your thoughts, opinions and feelings here on this forum.
11 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
To All:

I just realized I had multiple "likes" on some of my posts but when I went to Notifications there is nary a "like" for days. This does not bother me all that much except for one thing. When I don't have something to say (we all know how rare that is--but it happens) I push the heart symbol to let you know I agree or particularly like what you had to say. But if I am not getting my likes, probably neither are you!

So here it is a GREAT BIG HEART for all of you who take the time and effort to share your thoughts, opinions and feelings here on this forum.
I like to 'like' ha! They all do not show up
in my notifications, but JQ, do you know that
you can see who 'likes' every message that you
post and every messaged posted,
by letting your arrow sit atop the 'number' of likes?
honey
4 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

@JewelryQueen

Yes yes! I'm the one with doggie who has severe allergies and...

Also seizures! I'm wondering if diet change will help with those too?

And please do I need to exclude real chicken too?

I will patiently await your reply.
I'm thinking you should add DVM to your Doc shingle!💞
3 x

Margaret

Post by Margaret » 4 years ago

I posted the best " post ever." it rivals Hemmingway's best work. But I can't find it. you will have to take my word for it. OK so I'm exaggerating. loss it Or was I blocked again? However it makes me feel like I'm in high school about to get a detention. I feel young and knotty again.
I don't know if I missed any posts or there were ones after I started this one but it sounds like important issues had great outcomes.
Have a great rest of today. I think we have all had a blessed day all in all.
5 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

@Blossom

Yes!-no chicken of any kind-no turkey-no goose.

With regards to the seizures make sure there is NO BHA, BHT, or Ethoxyquin in the ingredients of your dogfood, as these can bring on an episode.

I am assuming the vet checked your baby for high or low blood sugar levels, calcium levels, and liver and/or kidney disease, with blood tests. That pretty much leaves inherited epilepsy or a type of benign brain tumor that can cause these seizures. Not much you can do about those except for anti-seizure medicine which it seems your vet is reluctant to do.

If your dog is having a seizure turn a fan on him or wrap his paws in a washrag dipped in COLD water, as a dog can overheat in a hurry when they cannot pant to regulate their temperature. While these are occurring also make sure you remain as calm as you can and gently pat or stroke the top of his head because while they appear unconscious they can generally still hear you and the sooner they calm down the sooner it will pass. (Be sure to keep your fingers away from the mouth, as jaws will tend to snap open and closed which is not in their control but you might get bit!)

When the pup comes out of it make sure there is water immediately available. Even better have some Pedialyte (in the children section of your grocery store or drugstore) the unflavored kind, since their electrolytes may be off. In fact, if you sense a seizure is about to occur you can put some of this in his water and it will MAYBE stave it off if an electrolyte imbalance is a contributing factor.

I am also assuming your vet already told you all this-but in case not-- it is the best I can do.

Jewelry Queen DVM (De-Voted Mamasan) to our animal friends
3 x

Gypsy

Well ladies , Saber has alot of healing to do before he is out of the woods. At least I have the right medication to help him but he could still go down hill.
I just have to keep close eye on him and try to keep him out from under the bed so I can reach him I cant leave him out on enclosed patio all the time it's too hot
So please say little extra prayer for my Saber kitty 🙏
-Gypsy 💞💞
3 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Well ladies , Saber has alot of healing to do before he is out of the woods. At least I have the right medication to help him but he could still go down hill.
I just have to keep close eye on him and try to keep him out from under the bed so I can reach him I cant leave him out on enclosed patio all the time it's too hot
-Gypsy 💞💞
Gypsy I don't know if you saw
a tip from JQ ~ about adding the
tuna juice to pets drinking water
so they drink and not get dehydrated.

and maybe a few pieces of tuna ~ tip from me! ha
2 x

Gypsy

@JewelryQueen

I usually wait for the paperback but I saw a copy of the new JD Robb and couldn't resist splurged and bought it 🌼 Cant wait to start reading it. -Gypsy
2 x

Gypsy

honey wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
-Gypsy 💞💞
Gypsy I don't know if you saw
a tip from JQ ~ about adding the
tuna juice to pets drinking water
so they drink and not get dehydrated.

and maybe a few pieces of tuna ~ tip from me! ha
@honey

I did see the post, so far he's eating well and he likes to drink from the kitchen faucet . I know - cats on the counter - but if I dont feed him there the other little piggies will eat his food and he gets special food so he.doesnt toss it up 🥰 and he also has a water dish there. So far appititeo his okay and I did put an extra water bowl for him by his kitty bed 🥰🥰
1 x