Monday (3/30) Coffee ☕☕☕

JewelryQueen

Re: Monday (3/30) Coffee ☕☕☕

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

@Gypsy

All kinds of special prayers for your poor Saber kitty. For you too, as I'm sure you are down about this unfortunate circumstance. We all know the healing power of prayer and love.

I hope you really gave the company that supplied this product a piece of your mind!

Much Love
JQ
3 x

JewelryQueen

@Gypsy

Don't expect any spoiler alerts from me! Enjoy!

This post is regarding the book. Dang this monitor/delay deal---Really makes it tough to follow!!
Last edited by JewelryQueen 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

Sam

Post by Sam » 4 years ago

Hey Gypsy, Sam here. Hoping Saber gets to feeling better. I had the same problem with one going under the bed. Tried putting suitcases and storage boxes under there, still didn't stop him. Ended up leaving the closet door partly open. Put a small laundry basket with towels in the back. They love to hide when they're not feeling well, as most of us know. Worked out well. I'm too old and, 'winter insulated' to be crawling under the bed. Good luck my feline friend. We had a sulphur remedy we used on our horses and other animals when I was growing up, but I can't remember the recipe. Worked like magic. Hope yours is the same.
4 x

JewelryQueen

Debbie Downer here

3/30/2020

I am going to do my Washington Covid19 Update now for two reasons. First it appears that substantiated figures are not readily available until after the posting/monitoring time on this forum. Secondly the earlier I do this before trying to go to sleep, the better I sleep. So here goes.

At last report we have lost 217 people in my state to this virus--- (and I quote)Almost 5,000 confirmed cases

The good news is so far I don't fit in either of these categories.
5 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

@JewelryQueen

Ibdid sent an email along with pictures of Saber because I didnt want them to think I was exaggerating just how bad of shape he was in. I also sent an email to PerSmart because I had explained to the clerk what I was looking for and that he had very sensitive skin and tendency for allergic reactions. This product was what the "cat expert" recommended, they also got pictures. So far no response from any of the emails I sent out yesterday 😠😠.

@Sam

Thank you for your concern 🥰🥰 NU-STOCK is the sulphur creme that I'm using. We've used it before on Saber for similar situations and it worked well. Healing wont happen over night. Yeah they like to hide under bed. When I had him on the deck I cleaned and sprayed under the bed really well and then slid a rug and a cat bed under so I can get to him easier
Take care -Gypsy 🤗🤗
2 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
@Blossom

Yes!-no chicken of any kind-no turkey-no goose.

With regards to the seizures make sure there is NO BHA, BHT, or Ethoxyquin in the ingredients of your dogfood, as these can bring on an episode.

I am assuming the vet checked your baby for high or low blood sugar levels, calcium levels, and liver and/or kidney disease, with blood tests. That pretty much leaves inherited epilepsy or a type of benign brain tumor that can cause these seizures. Not much you can do about those except for anti-seizure medicine which it seems your vet is reluctant to do.

If your dog is having a seizure turn a fan on him or wrap his paws in a washrag dipped in COLD water, as a dog can overheat in a hurry when they cannot pant to regulate their temperature. While these are occurring also make sure you remain as calm as you can and gently pat or stroke the top of his head because while they appear unconscious they can generally still hear you and the sooner they calm down the sooner it will pass. (Be sure to keep your fingers away from the mouth, as jaws will tend to snap open and closed which is not in their control but you might get bit!)

When the pup comes out of it make sure there is water immediately available. Even better have some Pedialyte (in the children section of your grocery store or drugstore) the unflavored kind, since their electrolytes may be off. In fact, if you sense a seizure is about to occur you can put some of this in his water and it will MAYBE stave it off if an electrolyte imbalance is a contributing factor.

I am also assuming your vet already told you all this-but in case not-- it is the best I can do.

Jewelry Queen DVM (De-Voted Mamasan) to our animal friends
JewelryQueen,
No to feathered food..got it!

She had to have couple cysts removed last year. Vet did 'senior wellness' & thyroid labs before sedation. Unsure what all the 'senior wellness' entails.

I've had dogs all my life & never had a dog with allergies or seizures. She had a few partial seizures (didn't know that was what was happening at the time). Then the big one...we were cruising down the road & it started. I FREAKED, thought she was dying, pulled off road & helplessly watched & waited for the worst. Then (after the fact) it dawned on me it was a seizure. Started researching, learned alot about keeping calm, making sure she wasn't in danger of hurting herself, etc. She's never lost consciousness & they last 2-3 min.

Vet has prescribed different meds, omega 3, shampoo, etc for allergies but never said anything about labs for seizure diagnostics.

I've taken screen shots of your post.
Thank you De-Voted Mamasan💞
2 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Well ladies , Saber has alot of healing to do before he is out of the woods. At least I have the right medication to help him but he could still go down hill.
I just have to keep close eye on him and try to keep him out from under the bed so I can reach him I cant leave him out on enclosed patio all the time it's too hot
So please say little extra prayer for my Saber kitty 🙏
-Gypsy 💞💞
I'm so sorry you & Saber are going through this. Hoping every minute that passes makes him feel better & better. Hopefully the worst is over.

🙏Prayers for you, your family, Tigger, Sissy, Sam, Skeeter, & I think you have another? And extra special prayers for Saber💞
1 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
@Gypsy

Don't expect any spoiler alerts from me! Enjoy!

This post is regarding the book. Dang this monitor/delay deal---Really makes it tough to follow!!
🥰🥰🥰
0 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
Debbie Downer here

3/30/2020

I am going to do my Washington Covid19 Update now for two reasons. First it appears that substantiated figures are not readily available until after the posting/monitoring time on this forum. Secondly the earlier I do this before trying to go to sleep, the better I sleep. So here goes.

At last report we have lost 217 people in my state to this virus--- (and I quote)Almost 5,000 confirmed cases

The good news is so far I don't fit in either of these categories.
So many JQ. 😟 did I hear another nursing home got hit? Ugh.
I am wondering one big thing. Where have the homeless gone?
We were thinking of crossing the line soon for supplies. Maybe not yet huh?
Hopefully you'll see this.
Gypsy... What happened to poor Saber kitty?? 😿
Blossom.... Our late boy got seizures after he got frontline. Just tossing that out there
RS....I need some turkey and stuffing. Comfort food needed!!
Vicky... I know what you mean. We need comfort now.
Hopefully you guys will see this.
Oh yes, also this.... We're having a blizzard right now. 😂😂😂 probably get close to a foot overnight. YAY!!! ⛄️
The chickens will not be pleased come morning. There go the eggs again.
2 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

@JewelryQueen and Tribe
Posted at 10:18pm EDT
This delayed post is really interfering with the quality of our conversation.
I think if we each mentioned the time we are posting, at least the delay wont be so confusing. Of course it would be easier if we all used the same time period. But as long as we put our time period like its now 10:18pm EDT in my area, we could figure out the equivalent in our area. Its a shame we have to be put thru this☹️

Hope the rest of the evening/night is relaxing to all the tribe, family and fur babies.

😍😘vicky
2 x