To Moderator

CJM

To Moderator

Post by CJM » 4 years ago

I have a complaint that I’m not going to ask personal shopper because I don’t want platitudes from them, nor do I want them from you. I want an honest answer. Example: I bought a 10+ctw Kunzite ring with diamonds. (item #3496902) The Kunzite is Martha Rocha ; it has great color. It probably could have been set in at least 14k gold It’s in silver. The design is unique. The problem is the diamonds. Bluntly, they’re crap. This ring was not inexpensive; why are crap diamonds used? It degrades the value. I would say, using LC’s grading system, they are I 4 grade Clouded, no sparkle whatsoever. Even in bright sunlight you can’t tell the diamonds are even there. I had to use a loupe to see them. Why not use zircon instead? I’m not returning the ring because of the size and color. I’m sure that is exactly why it is done. How long do you think you will retain customers doing this? It isn’t the first time I have gotten such a disgusting combination; which I have returned. I’ve seen Iliana pieces on tv that looked the same way. (tanzanite/ diamond). I wrote a review for this item; still doesn’t show. I used a coupon for this item; otherwise it would be back at your return department already. That still doesn’t excuse crap diamonds! I would really appreciate an honest explanation. It’s not like LC can’t afford to use better quality diamonds.
9 x

Kat

Re: To Moderator

Post by Kat » 4 years ago

I won an Ethiopian welo opal with diamonds on the side in the rising auction. The opal was beyond beautiful but the diamonds were cracked and broken. Like you said you couldn't even tell that they were diamonds. They really should have used zircons. I was going to keep it but how can anyone keep a ring that has broken gemstones in it. And by the way they didn't even give me a full refund which I have to complain about. They refunded me $23 when I paid $27!!!! They also didn't refund me the right amount on two other returns. I've had items come in broken and I haven't returned them because I won them so cheap. I've bought a rutilated quartz triple strand necklace that the first time I was putting it on one of the strands broke and didn't return that. I'm just so upset that the quality has gone downhill. I really don't know if I want to shop here anymore. Which is sad because I've been shopping here for so many years.
8 x

CJM

Is all the moderators off? So far, crickets.
3 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

@Moderator_Danielle
@Moderator_Preston
@Moderator_Connor
@Moderator_Brianne
@Moderator_Chris_H
@Moderator_Chris_R
3 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

@CJM
@Kat
Good morning,
Since they started including the grading on diamonds, it showed what inferior diamonds they usually use.
The grading system does not use i4 because i3 is so visibly included that any number higher is not meant for jewelry use.
Now, its possible that the grader they use is poorly trained.
They graded a PINK DIAMOND as having a G-H color. Cant be. Because a G-H is a grading for white diamonds. It has no color. Its near colorless. The fact that Shoplc did not remove that grading hurt sales. Who wants to pay huge ant of money for a PINK diamond that has no color.
The moderators will respond that they will let the committee know. I doubt that anything will change🥱
Hope the rest of your day is CLEARER then the Diamonds are🤗
5 x

CJM

Vicky. It isn’t poor training. This is done in manufacturing and in information input. Management and quality control ( if it exists) allow it to happen. I know I 3/I 4 diamonds are crap. This particular item didn’t have rated diamonds. Several items I’ve purchased were returned because of the diamonds. This ring is now on “sale/clearance” (price in red) for substantially less plus 30% coupon. My review was never posted either. I don’t expect a response because I said I didn’t want platitudes. That’s usually what you get unless it’s in response to an order problem. Customer feedback for new designs or technical problems are never dealt with. I really wonder if LC is going out of business? I hope not but if things aren’t dealt with they will.
5 x

Moderator_Chris_R

Post by Moderator_Chris_R » 4 years ago

CJM wrote:
4 years ago
I have a complaint that I’m not going to ask personal shopper because I don’t want platitudes from them, nor do I want them from you. I want an honest answer. Example: I bought a 10+ctw Kunzite ring with diamonds. (item #3496902) The Kunzite is Martha Rocha ; it has great color. It probably could have been set in at least 14k gold It’s in silver. The design is unique. The problem is the diamonds. Bluntly, they’re crap. This ring was not inexpensive; why are crap diamonds used? It degrades the value. I would say, using LC’s grading system, they are I 4 grade Clouded, no sparkle whatsoever. Even in bright sunlight you can’t tell the diamonds are even there. I had to use a loupe to see them. Why not use zircon instead? I’m not returning the ring because of the size and color. I’m sure that is exactly why it is done. How long do you think you will retain customers doing this? It isn’t the first time I have gotten such a disgusting combination; which I have returned. I’ve seen Iliana pieces on tv that looked the same way. (tanzanite/ diamond). I wrote a review for this item; still doesn’t show. I used a coupon for this item; otherwise it would be back at your return department already. That still doesn’t excuse crap diamonds! I would really appreciate an honest explanation. It’s not like LC can’t afford to use better quality diamonds.
Hello, that is a great question. I can confirm that our sales are dictated by several things. The age of inventory is one thing, also we do have event calendars that we use when scheduling shows. However, I understand that the diamonds are not the quality you have expected when purchasing the item. We will be very happy to accept the item back for a full refund or replacement, as the item appears different than advertised. If you need any assistance with returning the item, please let us know via email at customerservice@shoplc.com so we can assist!

Thank you for your feedback regarding item 3496902. I have forwarded this information to our Jewelry team for further review.

We appreciate your feedback, and apologize for this inconvenience. Thank you for shopping with Shop LC!
2 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

@Moderator_Chris_R We know we can return the item, we want to know why they put such low grade diamonds in a ring with a beautiful valuable gemstones, I have returned most if my rings with diamonds because they were so bad and I will not purchase anymore rings with diamonds in them because if it. I too would rather have clear sparkling Zircon than grey or brown cloudy diamond, and it is a pain to spend money on an item and have to go to the post office to return it every time.
4 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

Now my comments have to be approved by a Moderator. What did I do wrong? I I only re-post a comment from a celebrity that made angry a lot of people regarding this Coronavirus pandemic. Forgot the Freedom of Speech in the Bill of Rights? I feel disappointed.
2 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

Now my comments have to be approved by a Moderator. What did I do wrong? I I only re-post a comment from a celebrity that made angry a lot of people regarding this Coronavirus pandemic. Forgot the Freedom of Speech in the Bill of Rights? I feel disappointed.
0 x