I've been outbid for the same item 6 times

Wendella

I've been outbid for the same item 6 times

Post by Wendella » 4 years ago

I have tried 6 times to win an auction for a red jade ring. I've been outbid 6 times by the same person, Pam. How many does she need? What is going on here?
7 x

Boston Irish

Re: I've been outbid for the same item 6 times

Post by Boston Irish » 4 years ago

Good luck bidding against Her! I have tried for a long time. Only now and then I have won..😕😠
5 x

Boston Irish

There is another bidder name Connie also bidding on everything.I don't mind but let us all have a chance don't max bid high on everything !How many items does she need.😡
5 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I run in to this all the time, they outbid us but do not buy the item and then it is back up for auction and they do it all over again and again.You would think shop lc would stop these people from doing this so they could actually sell the item to someone who really wants it. It is like these people just bid as a competition but do not want or buy the item, it is so frustrating!!!
5 x

Wendella

I just wish I understood what is going on. It's very frustrating.
4 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

This is my theory and only a theory.

Since SLC doesn't have consequences for overbidding and winning items and not paying for the item - I think these people simply bid an outrageously high bid to beat everyone in a single auction - then each day they go to all their "wins" and pick and choose what they will purchase at the acceptable price they are willing to pay. All the other items will eventually drop off - and they repeat the process daily every.single.day. SLC allows it because these people DO purchase some items consistently.

ShopLC would get more items sold if they stopped this practice but maybe they don't know how? Maybe SLC doesn't have someone in programming that knows how to restrict this? Maybe ShopLC gets enough auctions sold and PAID for by these people to not care? Who knows why SLC allows this to happen but it's not right to all of us who wants a fair chance to win an auction.
4 x

Boston Irish

I think they think this is a game. Sometimes I will buy Two of the same for my Grandaughters but I don't buy for profit. I keep it give as gifts to friends teachers soccer coaches etc.🍀
4 x

Wendella

Thank you Boston Irish and Gem Lover. My thoughts exactly. I've had this experience too many times and I'm just frustrated. I just wish everyone would conduct themselves in a fair manner.
4 x