Ms Pat is no longer with us

honey

Re: Ms Pat is no longer with us

Post by honey » 4 years ago

Dear JQ,
...through you ... Pat had a Tribe praying for
her peace. Sharing in your sorrow.
You have my sympathy, sorry for your loss.
(((hugs)))
10 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 4 years ago

Dear JQ
I am so sorry for your loss.May God keep her in peace and bless you for being such a good and supportive friend.
6 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

@JewelryQueen I am so very sorry. At least she knew she had a good friend who cared and I am sure she loved you for this. If you have the sons phone number you can go to your local police and explain the son is not answering his phone and ask if they can get his address thru his phone number and they can then go to his home to notify him. We can not do that but the police can I believe.
8 x

William

Post by William » 4 years ago

JQ

My sincere condolences

I am So Sorry!

I am So happy that you were there to help her in her time of need!

God Bless her and Keep her and God Bless You Too !
6 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

--
I thank you each and every one I think Pat is glad to know there are so many caring people left in this world.

@Gem Lover Great idea. I have not been able to pull it together enough to do much today but will start first thing tomorrow as there is probably not much time to waste.
5 x

JewelryQueen

--
I thank you each and every one I think Pat is glad to know there are so many caring people left in this world.

@Gem Lover Great idea. I have not been able to pull it together enough to do much today but will start first thing tomorrow as there is probably not much time to waste.
5 x

JewelryQueen

You all may think this is off topic for this thread, but I assure you it is not. Bear with me.

You may or may not know I am Finnish. I mention this only because one of the things Finns are known for is the concept of Sisu (Seesoo). Some say that is simply being stubborn, but it is ever so much more than that. Sisu is the the quality of quiet persistence and perseverance (some would say foolishly so) in the face of astronomically overwhelming odds of failure. If an apparently insurmountable wall springs up in front of you, in your anger you first bang your head against it until your head will take no more. Then, in desperation, you claw at it with your fingernails to the point they break off at the quick and bleed. Next the plan is to try to dig under it with your bare hands only to find the flesh shredding from your fingers. But finally you use your head, your heart, and your determination to build wings--and simply fly over it!! Remember well this last one.

My friend Pat was a tiny, old, disabled, woman who for all intents and purposes was without family and who died alone in this world. Despite that she fought this horrible and devastating disease that is such a great plague on the world. I believe she fought it harder and longer than some much younger and stronger than she. Unfortunately, Sisu is not a magic bullet. You will not always be victorious. But if you have it you will have a much greater chance than without it. If I had my way-- Pat's headstone would simply read "She had Sisu". That is her legacy to us. That is her gift.

As horrible as this virus is, it must eventually end. That is when we will all (and when I say all- I mean this forum, this country and the world) need to dig down deep and find our own well of Sisu. We must not then sit on our heels and whine about our misfortune! We must not throw up our hands and surrender to despair! Rebuilding will not be quick. It will not be easy. But we must never, never, ever give up!

My wish for all of you, all of us, is that you gain Sisu. Keep it in the depths of your being. Fan it's flames and bring it out when you are in need. If you do...after our trials, joy and hope and freedom will reign again. We will fly! I promise.
10 x

Butterfly

Post by Butterfly » 4 years ago

Sorry for your loss.
7 x

CJM

Post by CJM » 4 years ago

JQ I am so sorry for the loss of your friend Pat. When I saw your post I was heartbroken for you and her; I couldn't and still haven't read all the posts. I'm glad you were there for her..Love and prayers..CJM
5 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
--
It is with a heavy heart that I tell you that Patricia S. is deceased. Apparently she died two days ago. I do not know if the nursing staff took pity on me, or just no longer wanted to field my daily calls.

Today when I called they said "Patricia is no longer with us." I asked if she had been transferred to a rehab or nursing home and they said, "No, you don't understand, she is NO LONGER WITH US." Then they asked, again, if I know of any other way to contact her son. I did not, but have since come up with a plan to try and search the public records to see if I can find the address to his home. I believe he owns his own home and since this is a small town... if I am successful I will ask the police chief to notify him. Not sure of the son's first name other than it starts with a T but how many "S's" can there be?

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all your love, support and prayers. I can say no more.

Jewelry Queen: My deepest condolences for the loss of Ms. Pat, your dear friend. May God brings the consolation that you need. It’s a shame that her own son didn’t care about his own mom. It’s devastating.
Hugs to you.
4 x