Auction site

Harlequin

Auction site

Post by Harlequin » 4 years ago

It is 1:23 PM CST there is a lady bidding on 2J Francis Swarovski zirconia rings one is $94 And the other one she’s betting on is $93 on one of them on the bed history is her name only on every bid Item number 336-2618 and item number 336219 one is a size 6 and one is a size 7 this is total BS. There is still an hour or so left on those two auctions her name is Paula
2 x

Boston Irish

Re: Auction site

Post by Boston Irish » 4 years ago

Check the catalog under Paris they were selling for 9.99 sorry this happened to you I have people bidding me up on jade all the time and other items hurt Jen 8 just Jr etc. Hope you find one and win. It make me mad too.😡
5 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 4 years ago

Harlequin wrote:
4 years ago
It is 1:23 PM CST there is a lady bidding on 2J Francis Swarovski zirconia rings one is $94 And the other one she’s betting on is $93 on one of them on the bed history is her name only on every bid Item number 336-2618 and item number 336219 one is a size 6 and one is a size 7 this is total BS. There is still an hour or so left on those two auctions her name is Paula
Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for your message. We have forwarded this information to our online auctions team to look into this.I hope you are having a beautiful and safe day!
2 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 4 years ago

I would like to know why you moderators always say you’re going to report it meaning the bidding On the auction site but no one ever does anything about it everyone has complained And forget about the size 8J Francis ring and the hoops someone check the name VALZ M off of the bidding. I have two items in my cart from a auction and will not be buying them this is all a sham this one needs to be posted also. 😡😠
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 4 years ago

@Moderator_Preston

Don't know if this bidder will actually pay for these auction items at these prices but you may want to look into it

Valz M bid as follows:

Item 3187090 currently.. $31- this item sells for $10
Item 3379662 currently..$110
Item 3349705 currently..$100
Item 3472669 currently.. $40- I think sells for $15
Item 3438569 currently.. $39- sells for $10
item 3546911 currently.. $34- sells for $10

Perhaps this person is just unaware of the values, but I don't think so.
6 x

CC

Post by CC » 4 years ago

Molly was doing this on Rising Auctions 4 days ago with Swarovski items. Super high bidding on almost all items for bid. Around over 100 pieces I believe she had bid on. What happened to that issue? Y'all continue to say we are looking into it ,we want to know what has happened. I bid $23 for a pair of Swarvoski hoops. I placed this higher bid for stainless steel hoops because of the outrageous prices being bid. A box appeared and it stated my bid was too high for the item. So I continually bid down to $17 until the box with that statement went away. I assumed I would be the winner at $17 , but guess what. Not. Somehow it would accept someone else's higher bid of I think $35 but to!d me I was overbidding at $23. Go figure that one out Shoplc. It is time to fix the situation.
7 x

SuzyQ82

Post by SuzyQ82 » 4 years ago

I certainly do not have the years of experience on this site as others, but it is obviously screwed up! Frequent repeat names, over and over again. I notice often that they run for streaks and then mysteriously disappear when you re-enter the bid site. Ridiculous over bids .... no way they can spend the amount of money for their wins..... don't think the rich and famous are so board with the quarantine that they are doing this for their own amusement. Seriously, I am very disappointed as I have seen a big change in only a few months. Yes, Merilee and James are still here, but the problem truly appears to be more serious and requiring attention. But, offerings are dwindling, with far few, if any, new opportunities. Honestly...... are you getting ready to go bankrupt? May be the reason for host exits and apparent lack of oversight for long standing issues. You are also selling very high dollar pieces that the buyer cannot possibly get an appraisal due to the quarantine and mandatory closures. Really would appreciate feedback. Thank you!
8 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

@CC I had the same exact thing happen to me and I complained but never found out why I got overbid, I went down a $1 until it said the bid was ok but then got out bid.
8 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

@SuzyQ82 I was thinking the same thing last night when the host was showing a high end tanzanite and said to take it home and get it appraised because you have 30 days, you can not get it appraised and depending how long things are shut down and how soon your state opens it could be months before you could get an appraisal.
9 x

Ruby

Post by Ruby » 4 years ago

OMG I am so glad to hear I am not the only one that has noticed what a sham the auction has become!! To add insult to injury, I was off line all weekend and when i logged in Monday, someone had highjacked my very unusual bidder name. They were bidding against themself as well and the prices were outrageous! I immediately sent in a comment, stating that I had deliberately chosen an odd name (happens to be my dog's) because my real name is very common and I could not keep up with which bids were mine. I received the usual "we will check into this" crap but still see my bidder name being used. I honestly think it's computer generated. No one would bid against themselves if they wanted an item. I have also used several flower names as my bidder names and those were highjacked as well......Violet, Daisy, Hyacinth, Rose, etc. Finally opted for my dog's name and haven't had it happen for many months.....until this weekend.
6 x