Monte2433

Re: Update on bidding limits

Post by Monte2433 » 4 years ago

I think Merliee may also be Merlin too.
4 x

Monte2433

Post by Monte2433 » 3 years ago

Another day to try to bid on any type of sapphire and Paula overbid all of them. I quit. I sent 4 messages to customer service with photos of her over the top bids. Did hear anything back.
8 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 3 years ago

Monte2433 wrote:
3 years ago
Another day to try to bid on any type of sapphire and Paula overbid all of them. I quit. I sent 4 messages to customer service with photos of her over the top bids. Did hear anything back.
Good morning,

Thank you so much for your message. Would you be able to forward your email to preston.weaver@shoplc.com so I can take a look into it? Thank you so much, and I hope you have a great day.
1 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

@Moderator_Preston

I believe this is the the one ongoing problem that is reported almost daily here. I myself have taken the time and effort, multiple times, to report specifics (RA bidder name, item number, bid, and the non-RA regular price)- all to no avail. At this point I am calling horse road apples. If nothing is going to be done-- just stop with the malarkey and say so!

Your "teams" seem to spend a lot of effort marketing the Rising Auctions, I assume to draw new people to this shopping option, only for the newly acquired bidders to turn away when they catch on to the dirty tricks being perpetrated by the shady bidders.
9 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 3 years ago

They will not change anything because they win big each time an overbidding item is paid by the naive or stupid bidder. If you win an item at more than their usual 30% less from the original price , let’s say at 50 to 60% less, it’s a good deal for the bidder. If you pay it at more than 30% from the original price it’s a bad deal. Just do your research before making any payment. Also, don’t put a max bid from the start because a lot of other bidders will try to see your max bid and you may not get a good price either.
Those who overbid usually don’t pay ....they just spoil the RA for everyone.But if they do, then they let Shplc win bigger than usual.
8 x

Monte2433

Post by Monte2433 » 3 years ago

I am not discussing a bidder that makes a one time bid and doesn't realize the cost. This is one or two people who bid on 98% of an entire selection. One specific person bids on all the sapphire. Even if I want to pay a little more, this person is bidding $200 to $300 more than the item and it isn't one day its every single day. I at first thought oh its a retailer. No I can't see a retailer bidding after bid for items where a retailer could be making a profit. I don't understand the angle of this bidding. You can't even place a bid on the some of the items, because the bids are maxed out.
4 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 3 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
3 years ago
@Moderator_Preston

I believe this is the the one ongoing problem that is reported almost daily here. I myself have taken the time and effort, multiple times, to report specifics (RA bidder name, item number, bid, and the non-RA regular price)- all to no avail. At this point I am calling horse road apples. If nothing is going to be done-- just stop with the malarkey and say so!

Your "teams" seem to spend a lot of effort marketing the Rising Auctions, I assume to draw new people to this shopping option, only for the newly acquired bidders to turn away when they catch on to the dirty tricks being perpetrated by the shady bidders.
Good morning,

Thank you so much for submitting this feedback. I have gone ahead shared this with our online auctions team so they can look into doing more research into these bidders. Unfortunately, even if the bidder pays over the amount of what the item originally retailed for, we are unable to suspend their account unless they don't pay for the items they win on a regular basis. We have implemented restrictions recently to help prevent this issue from occurring as often, but if you have an further suggestions on how to further prevent this, please share your feedback with us so our online auctions team can evaluate it for future updates. Thank you again for your feedback, and I hope you are having a great day.
0 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 3 years ago

@Moderator_Preston

as we are only suppose to have one account per person on forum and RA. SLC might try to set a limit on the number of AUTO BIDS that one is allowed to set PER DAY beginning 12:00 am and ending 11:59 pm

Another solution to the AUTO BID problem.....no more auto bids.
2 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

@Moderator_Preston

Thank you for responding.

More input? How's about this...I think some of these over-bidders just switch their bidder names once they get chastised, or whatever you do to rein them in, and then continue their bid bullying. It is my belief they use this tactic to get a name recognition to where eventually no one will bid against them and then they scoop up bargains. Is there any way the auction team can track how often these bullies change their names?

I do not have a problem with folks paying more on the auction side than the "other" side If they are actually paying for the items they bid on. I can see where that is not a problem, nor should it be, for ShopLC.
2 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 3 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
3 years ago
@Moderator_Preston

I would like to know what the point of this forum is if nothing is ever done with feedback? You moderate us so hard that our feedback is deleted, censored or is restricted entirely. Having a MODERATED forum is useless really. SLC is wasting everyone's time with it - both the customer and employee. No one is doing anything to deserve it. I think you should give Gypsy a few discounts for her daily coffee posts for keeping it interesting. Come on SLC. Lighten up and stop moderating us or just close the forum.
4 x