Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Re: Update on bidding limits

Post by Moderator_Preston » 3 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
3 years ago
@Moderator_Preston

Thank you for responding.

More input? How's about this...I think some of these over-bidders just switch their bidder names once they get chastised, or whatever you do to rein them in, and then continue their bid bullying. It is my belief they use this tactic to get a name recognition to where eventually no one will bid against them and then they scoop up bargains. Is there any way the auction team can track how often these bullies change their names?

I do not have a problem with folks paying more on the auction side than the "other" side If they are actually paying for the items they bid on. I can see where that is not a problem, nor should it be, for ShopLC.
Gypsy wrote:
3 years ago
@Moderator_Preston

as we are only suppose to have one account per person on forum and RA. SLC might try to set a limit on the number of AUTO BIDS that one is allowed to set PER DAY beginning 12:00 am and ending 11:59 pm

Another solution to the AUTO BID problem.....no more auto bids.
Thank you both so for your feedback.I have gone ahead and forwarded both pieces of feedback to our online auctions team so they can keep this in mind for future updates. As far as frequent name changes, right now we are looking into a solution for tracking name changes, but won bids are associated with both the name and account number and that is unable to be changed, so it will still be possible to find the infringing account. If anyone still have any further feedback, please don't hesitate to share. I hope everyone has a beautiful day!
2 x

Moderator_Preston

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
3 years ago
JewelryQueen wrote:
3 years ago
@Moderator_Preston

I believe this is the the one ongoing problem that is reported almost daily here. I myself have taken the time and effort, multiple times, to report specifics (RA bidder name, item number, bid, and the non-RA regular price)- all to no avail. At this point I am calling horse road apples. If nothing is going to be done-- just stop with the malarkey and say so!

Your "teams" seem to spend a lot of effort marketing the Rising Auctions, I assume to draw new people to this shopping option, only for the newly acquired bidders to turn away when they catch on to the dirty tricks being perpetrated by the shady bidders.
I would like to know what the point of this forum is if nothing is ever done with feedback? You moderate us so hard that our feedback is deleted, censored or is restricted entirely. Having a MODERATED forum is useless really. SLC is wasting everyone's time with it - both the customer and employee. No one is doing anything to deserve it. I think you should give Gypsy a few discounts for her daily coffee posts for keeping it interesting. Come on SLC. Lighten up and stop moderating us or just close the forum.
Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for your post. On our end, we do make sure that feedback that is shared on the forum is sent to the responsible teams so they can look into reviewing and implementing the feedback. This may not always be implemented immediately, but the teams are receptive and do review the feedback. In regards to the moderation, I have sent your feedback to the team in charge of maintaining the forum to see if we can revise the moderation process. If you have further feedback, please keep sharing with us, and I hope you have a great day!
4 x

CC

Post by CC » 3 years ago

Once again why do posts have to reviewed? In today's modern technology world there should be a way for certain words, names of hosts, etc., in your computer system trigger "a review of post" first option. Your computer system can raise prices at their whim so discount codes will not apply to certain items, so I am certain your IT Department can figure out a way to put a trigger mechanism in p!ace so that a post that should not be posted without review , will be stopped immediately, and normal posts do not have to be reviewed and can be posted in real time. Why does a post stating you are praying for someone have to be reviewed? That is simply ridiculous. This should be a simple job for your IT Department to do. Unlock the forum , stop only those posts which should not be posted without review first , and let the others go through in real time. Thank you.
10 x

Moderator_Preston

CC wrote:
3 years ago
Once again why do posts have to reviewed? In today's modern technology world there should be a way for certain words, names of hosts, etc., in your computer system trigger "a review of post" first option. Your computer system can raise prices at their whim so discount codes will not apply to certain items, so I am certain your IT Department can figure out a way to put a trigger mechanism in p!ace so that a post that should not be posted without review , will be stopped immediately, and normal posts do not have to be reviewed and can be posted in real time. Why does a post stating you are praying for someone have to be reviewed? That is simply ridiculous. This should be a simple job for your IT Department to do. Unlock the forum , stop only those posts which should not be posted without review first , and let the others go through in real time. Thank you.
Good afternoon,

Thank you so very much for the suggestion. I have sent this to the team managing the technical aspects of the forum to look into making this a possible solution, but I cannot guarantee that something like this will be implemented soon. Thank you so much for your understanding. If anybody else has feedback regarding the moderation process, please use the following topic: https://community.shoplc.com/viewtopic. ... 9&start=10. Thank you everyone for sharing!
2 x

Moderator_Preston

Good afternoon everyone,

I just wanted to update everyone that both the overbidding issue and updates to the way moderation is handled is currently being looked into as a top priority for their respective teams. If I receive any updates, I will let everyone know about it!
6 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

@Moderator_Preston

My most sincere thanks for following up on our concerns, and for updating us. This makes us feel that our concerns are being addressed. When we hear nothing, we feel as though we are hollering into a big black hole in the universe. Thanks again. It is out of your hands now.
6 x

Moderator_Preston

Good afternoon,

If anyone wants more information about how we are working on countering overbidders, please email me at preston.weaver@shoplc.com. Thank you everyone!
2 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 3 years ago

I hope this new change is good. Eliminate annoying bidders.
2 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

--
No change yet as they are just thinking about it, but where there is life there is hope!
2 x

Kat

Post by Kat » 3 years ago

Right now on the rising action Gigi is bidding on almost every single purse
3 x