Tuesday ( 5/12) Coffee ☕☕☕

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Re: Tuesday ( 5/12) Coffee ☕☕☕

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 3 years ago

Jt wrote:
3 years ago
Or was it "Clackle Ball"?
My oldest brother Mark by 4 years, was the lead King Arthur in the Camelot High School play. My mother Barbara a professional system created and made all his costumes all 4 years High School.
Mark is gone now to heaven 1993. A victim of the "Aids" Epidemic 1983 - 1993...He was Well loved and blessed special by Our Lord God.
Our mother Barbara passed on the following year. Her heart broken for the love of her Oldest Son...
I apologize for the sentiment...Just I am as real as it gets...sometimes too much.
Never apologize for being yourself and being real. I love and relate to "real-life" situations, emotions and people who don't hold back. There comes a time when you can't filter for others anymore.
6 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

You are correct Look them up that’s what they are but they were plastic if they were they were hard hard plastic almost like non-breakable glass plastic oh I love that thing but when it missed the two balls to hit together it hurt LOL
2 x

SuzyQ82

Post by SuzyQ82 » 3 years ago

LOVED this post! I guess I may be a bit younger ..... just a "smidge"..... but I so appreciate the lovely memories! All eras have their issues ..... but IMO, I never would have expected this. NEVER. It is no longer acceptable to "agree to disagree" and move on. I pray for everyone to be safe and healthy, while looking for opportunities for business owners that have worked and sacrificed to save their businesses. Heart wrenching ......
5 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 3 years ago

Older than dirt qiuz. Do you remember
Blackjack and Teaberry gum, Wax coke shaped bottles with colored sugar water, Candy cigarettes, Soda pop machines that delivered glass bottles, Coffee shops or diners with table top juke boxes, Home milk delivery in glass bottles with cardboard lids, Party lines on the phone, newsreels and cartoons before a movie, P.F.Flyers, Butch wax, TV test patterns that came on after the last show of the night and stayed on till the first show of the morning came on. (And if you were lucky, you got 3 channels,) Pea Shooters, Marbles, Jacks, Howdy Doody, Roy Rogers, 45rpm's, S&H Green stamps, Metal ice cube trays with a lever.?
8 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

I looked up the string with the two balls on the end called clackers Or click clack also showed a video of a girl with the clackers The balls on the end of those strings or more like hard acrylic they felt like hard glass they just wouldn’t break. My friend and I played Barbies she made hers pregnant we were only like 10 years old I about flipped out and she would cut their hair and the doll I had was called ChrissyShe had the red hair We also made Barbie furniture it normally fell apart
2 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 3 years ago

Angelflutter wrote:
3 years ago
Blackjack and Teaberry gum, Wax coke shaped bottles with colored sugar water, Candy cigarettes, Soda pop machines that delivered glass bottles, Coffee shops or diners with table top juke boxes, Home milk delivery in glass bottles with cardboard lids, Party lines on the phone, newsreels and cartoons before a movie, P.F.Flyers, Butch wax, TV test patterns that came on after the last show of the night and stayed on till the first show of the morning came on. (And if you were lucky, you got 3 channels,) Pea Shooters, Marbles, Jacks, Howdy Doody, Roy Rogers, 45rpm's, S&H Green stamps, Metal ice cube trays with a lever.?
@Angelflutter

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES ..........TO ALL OF IT !!!!!!!!!!
6 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 3 years ago

Angelflutter wrote:
3 years ago
Remember it all! I loved the juke boxes on the tables! Why do away with that? I bought my first kodak camera from mom saving green stamps.... I was third in line to get them as I had to wait my turn after an older brother and sister. It took a long time to save enough for the camera. OMG when I got the camera - I was walking on air! BUT I had to buy film so I had to save my allowance to buy film then develop them then mail it off and wait six weeks! Six weeks at 10 years old was like 1000 years. It was an expensive hobby on very limited income for a 10 year old. My parents were not the type to "help" out on that kind of stuff either.

However, do you remember at grocery stores they had a "toy" section on an aisle usually close to the cashier? If I begged/annoyed mom enough, she would give me a budget of $1 to spend. If a toy cost $1.29 cents - mom would absolutely say no. She never gave in either. So I would run to the toy section.

I loved getting the pad that had a plastic top page and a sticky black somethingorother bottom pad - but you write or draw on the top plastic page with an included wooden leadless pencil - then you could lift the plastic page and erase your words/pictures? Remember that? Loved that. Other toys would be tiny dolls, tea sets, doll bottles (the best would be the type of bottle with liquid in it that looked like milk), troll dolls, plastic army men, cowboy and indian sets, plastic dishes or dish sets, hotwheels cars, harmonic, brush/comb/mirror set, barrel of monkeys, fun erasers, yo-yo's, paddle ball, dart gun (with plunger darts), plastic water guns, plastic animal sets, plastic snakes, little bead game boards, jump rope, balloons, jackstones, colored chalk, water color set with brush, paper dolls, marbles, books like yogi bear or miniature books, super balls (fun), silly putty (cost more than a $1 so I had to special order it for a birthday gift), kaleidoscope, crayon colors, coloring books, playing cards like old maids (remember the old maid was ugly), and different level puzzles. Another favorite I would get would be the plastic "beauty set" that came with a plastic mirror (not glass), compact (no powder), fake perfume bottle, plastic brush (that would kill your hair) plastic lip stick with top <<<that's why I bought it the most with my $1, and plastic comb. I had a plastic purse that I kept it all along with a plastic barbie vinyl wallet/coin purse and plastic key (embarrassed b/c it was from my teething keys from when I was a baby). Oh and remember the plastic finger nail tips that were painted nails you put on the tip of your fingers?<<<loved! I never had enough money for the 64 box of crayon colors that I wanted sooooo much (another birthday request). Mom would say, "no" without blinking.

All of the above took me a couple of hours to recall from memory. I still have a dream every few years of going to that section of the grocery store and in a daze figure out what ONE thing I can buy for a dollar. Did I sneak something in mom's cart sometimes? yes. But mom was on top of her purchases. Also, I wanted to be a cashier when I grew up as I thought cashiers kept the money. lol I can't think of anything else.....
6 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

@OtherSideOfTheTracks

I think you lived my life. And comic books were a nickle. There was almost an uprising when they went to 11 cents.

My folks had an account at the store and they paid for everything they bought for the previous month on the first. Consequently I never saw any money change hands. One day i had a powerful hankering for some gum. We very rarely got sweets, candy or gum. I got told a definite "NO!" Well, I put a pack in my overalls pocket anyway, minus the stick of gum that went into my mouth. Not being the mastermind criminal I got caught before we hit the car. I think my jaw working up and down at a furious pace had something to do with it. I really did not know that I had done anything wrong because I had never saw anyone pay for anything at the store! The chewing out was monumental. Then I was marched back in to apologize, have the gum put on our tab, and give back the remaining gum. I think I was almost 4. Thus ended my career as a criminal.
6 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 3 years ago

I guess I should've put.this post here sooner !!! Seems it brought some fun memories up for lots of you !!!!!! -Gypsy.💞🥰🥰🥰🥰
8 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 3 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
3 years ago
@OtherSideOfTheTracks

I think you lived my life. And comic books were a nickle. There was almost an uprising when they went to 11 cents.

My folks had an account at the store and they paid for everything they bought for the previous month on the first. Consequently I never saw any money change hands. One day i had a powerful hankering for some gum. We very rarely got sweets, candy or gum. I got told a definite "NO!" Well, I put a pack in my overalls pocket anyway, minus the stick of gum that went into my mouth. Not being the mastermind criminal I got caught before we hit the car. I think my jaw working up and down at a furious pace had something to do with it. I really did not know that I had done anything wrong because I had never saw anyone pay for anything at the store! The chewing out was monumental. Then I was marched back in to apologize, have the gum put on our tab, and give back the remaining gum. I think I was almost 4. Thus ended my career as a criminal.
Me too. I could have been a career thief too. Unfortunately my career was cut short by my ever seeing mother. I swear... she always used to tell me mom's have eyes in the back of their heads. My God. She NEVER missed anything. If I remember correctly, I stole a Baby Ruth candy bar. My mistake... eating it in the back seat on the way home from the store. Yup, I was marched back into the store by her grip on my ear. FORCED to appologize. Then I got a whippin when we got back to the car. There was no waiting till we got home. To make matters worse - she told dad when he got home from work. You guesses it... another whippin. Cut my budding freebie career down real quick. :lol:
9 x