Closure on Sterling silver bangles

CC

Closure on Sterling silver bangles

Post by CC » 4 years ago

I have a problem with the closures on Sterling silver Bangles. I can barely touch the closure when the bangle is on my wrist and it will open. Anyone else have this problem. The stainless Bangles with the same clasp do not open as easily as it is a stronger material. I wish they would put safety clasps on the Sterling Bangles to secure there is no accidental opening of bangle which can result in loss of bangle. . I certainly love shoplc and their great prices. No other jewelry shopping channel can compare in my personal opinion.
2 x

Catticus

Re: Closure on Sterling silver bangles

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Hello, CC! :)

I am having the exact issue with many of the bangles I've purchased!
The clasp is different from any I've seen. It sort of "fits together" somewhat like a puzzle piece. Except it doesn't stay closed!
I have MANY of these bangles and quite a few I purchased to give as gifts. Now I feel embarrassed to give these to anyone because they're just going to fall off!
I prefer bangles without ANY clasp, but if a bracelet has a clasp, I prefer toggles (with a few extra links for different sizes) or a lobster clasp (again with a few extra links).
I was showing these to my sister and neither of us could get them to stay shut. If I could fit my hand through them without opening them, I'd super glue them shut! :x
I bought so many of these and I hope ShopLC doesn't continue to use these type of clasps! I know I'm not buying anything with clasps like these ever again!
It doesn't even take much for the bangle to open, either. It isn't opening because I'm tugging a shirt over my head and my arms through the sleeves while wearing the bangle; it isn't opening because the purse on my arm has slid down and hit the bangle, or because of any other reason while wearing it.
It simply will not stay shut! This occurs when I'm putting the bangle ON! :cry: I LOVE these bangles, yet I cannot wear any of them! :cry:
This problem makes all of these beautiful bangles worthless, because I can't wear them. And I'm certainly not going to give any as gifts, because they are not going to stay on! :| They are obviously defective!

ShopLC, could you PLEASE stop using these odd "clasps"?
0 x

CC

Post by CC » 4 years ago

I HAVE superglued the clasp together on the Bangles that will slide over my wrist so as not to loose them.
1 x

Catticus

I checked and I CAN get them on without having to open them. I'm going to superglue them shut! :D

But it angers me because we should not have to be doing this! :evil:
1 x

CC

Post by CC » 4 years ago

Yo are right ,should not have to superglue Bangles closed just to be able to wear them and be confident you don't loose them. I have a massive amount of Bangles. So for another tip which you should not have to do, when wearing my real expensive Bangles with this type of clasp that will not slip over my wrist, I wrap a skinny piece of clear tape around the closure to hold it close. Generally you can't really tell the tape is there because these good Bangles are generally worn at night.
1 x

Catticus

That's a GREAT idea, CC!
Yes, even though we should NOT have to be gluing and taping brand new jewelry we just purchased! :roll:
I have a lot of bangles too! Many I wear together. Often I "jingle" when I'm out and about. :lol:
Thank you for the tips!
And.......Happy Jingling! :D
1 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 4 years ago

Good Afternoon,

Thank you both for your lovely posts! We will make sure that all of your feedback is passed along to our dedicated Voice of the Customer team, so it can be addressed with the parties responsible. In the meantime, we recommend returning any item that is damaged or defective. Not only does this insure that you can get a replacement or refund, but it also helps us out examine what caused the defect on the item and help us resolve it for the future. If you need any assistance with setting up a return, please contact customer service via chat at www.shoplc.com, via email at customerservice@shoplc.com, or via phone at 877-899-0078. Since we have addressed this issue, we will go ahead and lock this thread. But if you experience any issues, please do not hesitate to contact customer service! Thank you for being a part of the Shop LC family!
1 x