Poor packaging

anniebelle

Poor packaging

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

we were speaking about this just recently. A package I received was crazy. The shampoo was packaged more securely than the gemstones. Beaded gems (such as Tenner's pick Thulite) was crammed into one of those small square boxes used for earrings. Black Spinel beads with a good sized pendant was also crammed into a small box.The red glass statement necklace set costing only $6.99 was packed in a large box with lots of foam padding!!! What's up??? If I didn't really want these ( the Thulite is so beautiful), I'd return these as unacceptable.
8 x

Bella

Re: Poor packaging

Post by Bella » 3 years ago

Well I received a order today. It included 5 silver neckchains and a necklace with a pendant, one pair of Larimar stud earrings and a large tote bag. It was packaged in a large box and the tote was packaged very well and was on the top layer of the box. After I pulled the tote bag out I saw the vacuum air pillows and thought Oh! someone packed this order really good. Wrong!! I pulled out the packaging material and every item was laying all tangled in the bottom of the box! Not 1 item was inside their box or in a plastic bag. What a mess between trying to untangle all the chains and thankfully the Larimar earrings were not damaged. The individual boxes should have been rolled in bubble wrap and taped. Who just throws several small jewelry boxes (that do not stay closed) loose rolling around in a big box and ship it out?
7 x

shopLC_alex

Post by shopLC_alex » 3 years ago

Good morning,

We're sorry for the experience you've had with these deliveries. If you all would please send me your order information to alex.washington@tjc.tv we would like to provide a just courtesy to alleviate your frustrations. ;)
5 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

SLC Needs to get some kind of system that lets the management knows who worked that day or evening, in that area. Think Gypsy can explain what I’m trying to say better, than I can. 😄. 6/18. 12:00. Pm
6 x

anniebelle

Harlequin wrote:
3 years ago
SLC Needs to get some kind of system that lets the management knows who worked that day or evening, in that area. Think Gypsy can explain what I’m trying to say better, than I can. 😄. 6/18. 12:00. Pm
Like quality checker tickets used in industry for decades.
3 x

Derby

Post by Derby » 3 years ago

I've never had an issue with packaging. Sure, some packages are not perfect but I don't mind. My problem is that I have too many of these little and bigger boxes, and pouches so I don't know what to do with them. They are too pretty to throw them away. If I order 2 pairs of earrings, 3 rings and a magnetic clasp I wouldn't mind if they will come packed together in one plain box. I think I should have an option at checkout that an order will be send to me in an economic and plain package or I request special packaging.
5 x

Kat

Post by Kat » 3 years ago

Derby, if you know a local artist who makes their own jewelry they would love to have the boxes and pouches. Also antique stores could use them. 😊💗
4 x

anniebelle

Kat wrote:
3 years ago
Derby, if you know a local artist who makes their own jewelry they would love to have the boxes and pouches. Also antique stores could use them. 😊💗
What a good idea, but I don't know any. I have given some away to reuse for gifts. I have used the bottom of the blue boxes * inside the open aluminum boxes to divide up for earrings. Would solve the problem of magnets sticking together as well.
4 x

Sea_Hag

Post by Sea_Hag » 3 years ago

@Derby I love the idea of choosing the packaging at checkout; gift quality packaging or plain. Good thought!
2 x

CC

Post by CC » 3 years ago

What I find that just makes me so upset is that they will put an expensive necklace or bracelet in a long necklace Ziploc bag, then roll the bag up in a small ball and put it in a teeny tiny box , rather than a bracelet box or larger box. I have had broken necklaces I have had to return due to the rolling up of the necklace issue. On the other hand, I can have a cheap 9.99 necklace or bracelet that come in a super large box or bracelet box. Can't understand their packaging logic.
3 x