Bidding limits

Catbirdwatcher

Bidding limits

Post by Catbirdwatcher » 3 years ago

I have had several instances Where I am the current high bidder, but it will not let me set an auto bid for even one more dollar due to bidding limits, and then someone else comes in and bids and wins it. Is there any way to know which items are subject to bidding limits?Is it anything under a certain original value?This is an incredibly frustrating problem,It happens fairly often.If there was an absolute limit, that would be one thing,But when I am trying to bid more and can't, and then someone else bids above me Just before the auction closes, that does not seem fair at all. in those instances where this happens I am only trying to bid a few dollars, or even just one dollar, over the current bid. I would not think that would be considered overbidding. And it is constantly frustrating not to know whether you're going to hit a limit or not, but when you do then someone else is allowed to bid higher! I appreciate the objective of wanting to reduce over bidding,But the solution is also causing A different problem.
8 x

shopLC_alex

Re: Bidding limits

Post by shopLC_alex » 3 years ago

Good afternoon,

We're sorry for the experience you're having with our Rising Auction. The general ruling is Auto-Bid is 2x the lowest price the item was sold, and manual bids are 4x the lowest price. This is of course to keep it fair. Also please remember to clear your browsers cache & cookies to increase loading speeds so that you will always get the newest information available As bids increase exponentially in those final seconds, and some information can be misconstrued. I hope this helps, please let us know if there's anything else we can do to assist you with this matter.
4 x

Amy

Still confused...

Post by Amy » 3 years ago

Thank you Alex for your explanation of the bidding process. Excuse me for being old & confused, but I still don’t understand it. Gould you maybe give an example in more detail? I’ve also lost a lot of auctions even with max bid in the last few seconds. Thank you for your time. 😊😊😊
4 x

shopLC_alex

Haha oh don't say that, that's what we're here for. So, the Cache remembers parts of pages, like images, to help them open faster during your next visit. While cookies are files created by sites you visit making your online experience easier by saving browsing data. The problem is that this information is loaded every time you visit a page, so you're loading a bigger file every time which slows it down. So even if it takes 5 seconds to load a page (which can be forever in bidding time) you may not see the winning bids that came in during that time until you load it again. To delete them, in most browsers, you can go into your settings and find the "delete" button under "Privacy and Security, or something to that effect.

I hope I explained that clearly, in the meantime I probably need to go delete mine too! :lol:
5 x

shopLC_alex

As far as the bidding process goes, there's an estimated price and the lowest price that we actually sell it at. So say an item last sold at 9.99, the highest auto bid you can place will be $19 and the highest bid that you could place manually will be $39. I believe the system rounds down.
5 x

Amy

Thank you Alex !

Post by Amy » 3 years ago

I really appreciate your help, as I’m sure others do too. Will keep trying to win some bids. 😊😊😊
5 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

Well that certainly explains all the $39 bids on the $9.99 regular price zirconia rings/pendents etc!

By the way Alex--You re doing a super job!! And thanks for not giving the scripted or canned replies. I, for one, appreciate it.
5 x

CC

Post by CC » 3 years ago

Please explain to me why the rising auctions system would not let me put in a particular dollar amount bid, so I bid down until that dollar amount bid was finally accepted (so of course I assumed I would win the item) yet at the end of the bidding time, someone else won the item by putting in a bigger dollar amount bid than I originally tried to put in initially that was rejected by the system and would not accept my dollar amount bid. Thank you.
3 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 3 years ago

CC wrote:
3 years ago
Please explain to me why the rising auctions system would not let me put in a particular dollar amount bid, so I bid down until that dollar amount bid was finally accepted (so of course I assumed I would win the item) yet at the end of the bidding time, someone else won the item by putting in a bigger dollar amount bid than I originally tried to put in initially that was rejected by the system and would not accept my dollar amount bid. Thank you.
Good morning,

Thank you so much for your post. I have contacted our auction team to get clarification on how this would work, once I get a response from them, I will follow up with you. I hope you have a great day!
1 x

KLiz

Post by KLiz » 3 years ago

The biggest problem that occurs when you have an item that you're not allowed to bid one extra dollar on is that unless you are sitting there watching the item until the bidding process is completely over and someone else bids at The Bitter End you always lose. You can't put an extra dollar or two on the item that you have a chance of purchase unless you are sitting right there and I don't know how many people can just sit and wait till the item comes on and then goes through the process. a lot of times these items might come to fruition in the middle of the night or at a time when you might be working so when there's a maximum on what you can bid it's unfair to anybody who sleeps or works. Thank you for letting me rant for all the times that I've lost.
4 x