Broken murano necklace

Harlequin

Broken murano necklace

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

Well I do believe I got my first taste of a broken Murano style necklace. Ordered the necklace and earrings with removable pendant, bought on 6/12, on a under $10.00 Friday. Received Saturday 6/20. SLC put the heavy glass on, as it looks to me a 2LB. Fishing line very thin, if you were to go fishing and caught a 10 Lb. fish the line would break. Well they rolled the necklace so thite and packed in a blue box with the earrings and pendant , was all crammed in to the box. Not returning it would cost more than what I originally paid plus S/H and taxes. Ordered a black one also haven’t received it yet, should have received it the same day. If it comes broken I will be furious, it is more pretty than the purple.
7 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Re: Broken murano necklace

Post by Moderator_Preston » 3 years ago

Harlequin wrote:
3 years ago
Well I do believe I got my first taste of a broken Murano style necklace. Ordered the necklace and earrings with removable pendant, bought on 6/12, on a under $10.00 Friday. Received Saturday 6/20. SLC put the heavy glass on, as it looks to me a 2LB. Fishing line very thin, if you were to go fishing and caught a 10 Lb. fish the line would break. Well they rolled the necklace so thite and packed in a blue box with the earrings and pendant , was all crammed in to the box. Not returning it would cost more than what I originally paid plus S/H and taxes. Ordered a black one also haven’t received it yet, should have received it the same day. If it comes broken I will be furious, it is more pretty than the purple.
Good morning,

Thank you so much for your post. I deeply apologize to hear about this, would you mind emailing me at preston.weaver@shoplc.com so I can help to resolve this issue. Thank you, and I hope you have a wonderful day!
5 x

CC

Post by CC » 3 years ago

It is a shame people are still having to comp!ain about packaging issues. You should not roll up any jewelry item and put it a small ring type box. That is unacceptable. We are paying shipping on each individual item and it shou!d be packaged accordingly.(Yes I realize we are paying less shipping cost than other shopping channels, but that should not be A factor in proper packaging of items for shipping.) A ring goes in a ring box, a necklace goes in a much bigger box than a ring type box and should never be tightly rolled in a ball. Lastly, a bracelet should go in a bracelet box unless it is a bangle or cuff.The last few necklaces I have received were rolled up in A ball and put in very small boxes. I received a beautiful big carat weight pink opal necklace that was broken and had to be returned (and I can only assume that it became broken due to the rolling up of the necklace in a ball and stuffed in A very small box) I finally just received a $99 necklace gently laid out in a bracelet box. I could have fell over. Thank you Shoplc. Hopeful!y this is the start of better packaging orocedures. Is it Shoplc?
8 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

Yes, I too have recently complained about items being stuffed into too small boxes. Why would they do that? It takes much longer to manipulate to fit in the small box than just choosing a larger box.
8 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 3 years ago

CC wrote:
3 years ago
It is a shame people are still having to comp!ain about packaging issues. You should not roll up any jewelry item and put it a small ring type box. That is unacceptable. We are paying shipping on each individual item and it shou!d be packaged accordingly.(Yes I realize we are paying less shipping cost than other shopping channels, but that should not be A factor in proper packaging of items for shipping.) A ring goes in a ring box, a necklace goes in a much bigger box than a ring type box and should never be tightly rolled in a ball. Lastly, a bracelet should go in a bracelet box unless it is a bangle or cuff.The last few necklaces I have received were rolled up in A ball and put in very small boxes. I received a beautiful big carat weight pink opal necklace that was broken and had to be returned (and I can only assume that it became broken due to the rolling up of the necklace in a ball and stuffed in A very small box) I finally just received a $99 necklace gently laid out in a bracelet box. I could have fell over. Thank you Shoplc. Hopeful!y this is the start of better packaging orocedures. Is it Shoplc?
Totally agree! They need to be careful sending the packages. They should put the word “Fragile” to delicate items. The mailmen many times are rude to the packages. It’s the customer, not theirs. Unacceptable!
8 x

Horsepower

Post by Horsepower » 3 years ago

Harlequin wrote:
3 years ago
Yes, me too. I got a black bracelet & earring set. The glass was broken on 2 pieces of the bracelet. I gave the earrings to a drive thru girl at Burger King. She was so delighted that she gave me a large cherry coke. I think it was an even swap and we were both happy ! ;)
7 x

Amy

My murano set...

Post by Amy » 3 years ago

Harlequin: so sorry your necklace arrived broken. Mine arrived in the 5x5 blue box & the necklace was only folded in half. The earrings were in a separate bag & the heart pendant was in bubble wrap. I think it depends on which person gets your order. Luck of the draw. If it arrived broken can you get a replacement? 🌼
6 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

I, could get the necklace replaced but, my Daughter has the computer, that has Info. For SLC, she’s so busy since it is her mainly doing chores and working, as her Hubby doesn’t come back from overseas till next month. If then, COVID-19, already delayed him once, she has enough on her plate right now. T. Y. 🙂
1 x