Measurements

Gemsnob

Measurements

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

This is not a new product idea, it's something many have been asking for. Many items are photographed but there are no measurements listed or shown. For example, I was browsing items shown recently. I saw a 10kt gold leaf pendant. When scrolling through the pictures, there is nothing showing size. You used to put items up next to a ruler but that doesn't happen with new items. Sometimes mm are listed which is great when describing the size of gemstones as that is the standard worldwide. Here in the US, we don't exclusively use the metric system. It would help if I knew size in inches. I've passed on dozens of items because there is no size listed.
10 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Re: Measurements

Post by Moderator_Preston » 3 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
3 years ago
This is not a new product idea, it's something many have been asking for. Many items are photographed but there are no measurements listed or shown. For example, I was browsing items shown recently. I saw a 10kt gold leaf pendant. When scrolling through the pictures, there is nothing showing size. You used to put items up next to a ruler but that doesn't happen with new items. Sometimes mm are listed which is great when describing the size of gemstones as that is the standard worldwide. Here in the US, we don't exclusively use the metric system. It would help if I knew size in inches. I've passed on dozens of items because there is no size listed.
Good morning,

Thank you so much for sharing this feedback with us! I have sent this to our web team and our jewelry team so they can keep this in mind for future listings and product photos. If you have any further feedback to share, please don't hesitate to share it with us. I hope you are having a wonderful day!
3 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

Thank you again Preston.
5 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

I agree, just last night I was looking at a gold bracelet I would like but it does not have a measurement for the width so I am passing on it.
8 x

CC

Post by CC » 3 years ago

I have belonged to this forum for over 9 months, almost since it was formed. 8 months ago I made this same type complaint by way of this forum. I use the inch system, much like many others, not mm. Items are still measured in mm, some in inches ,and many times no measurement at all. There is no consistency. What I can't understand is why this is such a problem that cannot easily be fixed. All items should have their measurement and size listed . My personal preference would to be to use the inch measurement .My opinion only. Thank you.
9 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 3 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
3 years ago
Yes, please don't forget to add measurements in the older Imperial system of measurements. Please.

One customer's opinion...

Please approve this post.

OSOTT
6 x