Finally, a kitten!

anniebelle

Finally, a kitten!

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

It will take a few days to get it, but I have agreed to take a rescued kitten, if he passes his vet exam. It sounds terrible, but I cannot agree to take one with health issues. I have enough health problems of my own. I've been thinking about this one for a few days, had to get off the fence. I've been looking for a long time, but the lockdown is still crazy. I'm surprised how few kitties are out there; what happened to " kitten season"? The few shelters that have kittens will only adopt in pairs. Others are still closed. I've struggled all weekend with the decision, don't know why.
9 x

Gypsy

Re: Finally, a kitten!

Post by Gypsy » 3 years ago

anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
It will take a few days to get it, but I have agreed to take a rescued kitten, if he passes his vet exam. It sounds terrible, but I cannot agree to take one with health issues. I have enough health problems of my own. I've been thinking about this one for a few days, had to get off the fence. I've been looking for a long time, but the lockdown is still crazy. I'm surprised how few kitties are out there; what happened to " kitten season"? The few shelters that have kittens will only adopt in pairs. Others are still closed. I've struggled all weekend with the decision, don't know why.
@anniebelle

Awwww- a shelter kitten 💞💞💞 jump off the fence and you'll have a little ball of fluff that will give you unconditionally L♡VE. hope the little one is passea his exams.GOOD LUCK -Gypsy
9 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

I wish there was a type of breed in cats to where they would stay small. Don’t get me wrong I love kittens when they grow up, but I would like to have one that’s not actually a baby kitty but doesn’t get very big
6 x

anniebelle

Gypsy wrote:
3 years ago
anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
@anniebelle

Awwww- a shelter kitten 💞💞💞 jump off the fence and you'll have a little ball of fluff that will give you unconditionally L♡VE. hope the little one is passea his exams.GOOD LUCK -Gypsy
@gypsy, this one actually never made it to a shelter, he was found abandoned, flea ridden, dirty, quite ill. He was nursed back to health by a nice girl who fosters kittens for a shelter. His rough start is my hesitation, wanting him to get a clean bill of health.
7 x

anniebelle

Harlequin wrote:
3 years ago
I wish there was a type of breed in cats to where they would stay small. Don’t get me wrong I love kittens when they grow up, but I would like to have one that’s not actually a baby kitty but doesn’t get very big
Many years back, my husband and I adopted two litter mates. They were so cute! I asked do you suppose if we don't feed them they won't grow???
5 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 3 years ago

Kitties and puppies that have had a rough start, then find homes generally become the most loving and devoted of animals. They realize what they have gained and are most appreciative. After having it for awhile your hardest decision will be to have baby surgically implanted or surgically removed. I have a 15 pound dog attached to my thigh at all times except for when I'm bathing or using toilet. If not glued to my thigh, she's attached herself to my foot. Take the plunge... you won't regret it. :)
10 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

@anniebelle

Well you re never going to find one in a shelter, but there actually is a breed called the Singapura that stays very small and kitten-like in appearance. Also the Cornish Rex which is also quite hard to find, and so expensive, stays on the very small size and they are adorable as well. Both are definitely well outside my pocketbook but they are interesting. There may be videos of them on the web.

I think as long as he/she is reasonably healthy, you will find your rescue cat will be the love of your life. I wish more people would adopt abandoned animals. I believe they truly know you have saved their lives and are eternally grateful.
9 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 3 years ago

You are a beautiful person to take a kitten that needs a home. This is cause for celebration as it's a new family member! I'm proud of you for being so generous with your heart and home.

I will say a prayer now for the good health of this kitten. (((HUGS)))
11 x

anniebelle

JewelryQueen wrote:
3 years ago
@anniebelle

Well you re never going to find one in a shelter, but there actually is a breed called the Singapura that stays very small and kitten-like in appearance. Also the Cornish Rex which is also quite hard to find, and so expensive, stays on the very small size and they are adorable as well. Both are definitely well outside my pocketbook but they are interesting. There may be videos of them on the web.

I think as long as he/she is reasonably healthy, you will find your rescue cat will be the love of your life. I wish more people would adopt abandoned animals. I believe they truly know you have saved their lives and are eternally grateful.

@JQ

I've found Munchkins to be so adorable! And expensive. Are they smaller than normal, or is it just their short little legs?
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

I have not found Munchkins to be all that much smaller that average cats, although their short legs do make them look small in a lot of ways, and qualify them in the top 6 smallest breeds. I believe the Singapura are the smallest and are about half the size of regular cats when full grown. I like the Cornish Rex because they have the coolest wavy coats. Looks like the hairstyles of women in the forties. Plus they have the big eyes and their faces just remind me of kittens. But as with humans--looks are only skin deep. It is the personality that really matters.
2 x