Site uses cookies??? 6/30. 7:30am

Harlequin

Site uses cookies??? 6/30. 7:30am

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

7:18 am. Noticed something new above the front page. Says something about this site using cookies, I am not tech savvy understand some of the terms, What do they mean by cookies? 🥴
2 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Re: Site uses cookies??? 6/30. 7:30am

Post by Moderator_Preston » 3 years ago

Harlequin wrote:
3 years ago
7:18 am. Noticed something new above the front page. Says something about this site using cookies, I am not tech savvy understand some of the terms, What do they mean by cookies? 🥴
Good morning,

Thank you so much for your message! A cookie is a file that is saved to your computer to help the website recognize your account and save your preferences. Most websites use cookies for this purpose. I hope you have a beautiful day!
3 x

CJM

Post by CJM » 3 years ago

Could you please make it optional. It keeps popping up; it’s annoying and I don’t feel like agreeing to LC cookies just to make it go away. Enough of everything I do is already in your system; I don’t agree to adding more!
9 x

Moderator_Preston

CJM wrote:
3 years ago
Could you please make it optional. It keeps popping up; it’s annoying and I don’t feel like agreeing to LC cookies just to make it go away. Enough of everything I do is already in your system; I don’t agree to adding more!
Good morning,

Thank you so much for your message! I have shared to your feedback with our web team to see if this could be a possibility in the future. As of now, they are required to use the website. If I hear back from them, I will follow up in this thread.

Here is an excerpt from our privacy policy:

"Like most retail web sites, we use "cookies," which are pieces of data given to your browser that allow our site to identify you when you access our site. While some concern has been expressed over the privacy implications of cookies, it is important for you to understand that cookies cannot extract any information about you that you have not already revealed voluntarily. The vast majority of Internet users now appreciate cookies as a convenience feature for shopping online."

Thank you again for your feedback, and I hope you have a great day!
4 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

Doesn’t go AWAY AFTER EXCEPTING ANYWAY, just causing confusion, I already accepted and still comes up. Mine needs to quit appearing. I’m getting extremely IRRITATED, 😡 Now I’m done venting. If it comes up again, I will totally lose it. ( NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS POST ). Post it plz. I have so many floating around around in space😒 as nothing was wrong with them either. Y. Y. 6/30. 11:20 am
5 x

CJM

Post by CJM » 3 years ago

Preston I have never willing agreed to cookies on any website. Usually it is imposed on the user whether they want it or not. Regardless what you use it for I for one will not willing agree. Who is it really more beneficial to? I would appreciate it more if LC would fix the problems LC already has and been asked to fix! Not your fault Preston but not everything this company has come up with benefits the customer! So far I haven’t gone to another website yet but there are days I just want to quit this one. Have a great day Preston!
9 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

@CJM

I think they have always been using them but they just now are letting you know about it with this notification. Probably required to do it but it would be nice to have it a one time thing instead of constantly appearing. It is a bit annoying.
10 x

Hot4TENER

Post by Hot4TENER » 3 years ago

I don’t ever agree to cookies. Usually it’s the end of my online relationship with a site if requires this. I’ll have to run this by my “ go to” IT expert friends. Please share this with your IT department. I don’t believe I’m the only customer that you may lose due to this new policy
8 x

Moderator_Preston

Harlequin wrote:
3 years ago
Doesn’t go AWAY AFTER EXCEPTING ANYWAY, just causing confusion, I already accepted and still comes up. Mine needs to quit appearing. I’m getting extremely IRRITATED, 😡 Now I’m done venting. If it comes up again, I will totally lose it. ( NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS POST ). Post it plz. I have so many floating around around in space😒 as nothing was wrong with them either. Y. Y. 6/30. 11:20 am
JewelryQueen wrote:
3 years ago
@CJM

I think they have always been using them but they just now are letting you know about it with this notification. Probably required to do it but it would be nice to have it a one time thing instead of constantly appearing. It is a bit annoying.
Thank you both for sharing this with us. I have reported this to our web team so they can look into getting this resolved. I definitely understand, and if I get a response I will follow up in this thread.
CJM wrote:
3 years ago
Preston I have never willing agreed to cookies on any website. Usually it is imposed on the user whether they want it or not. Regardless what you use it for I for one will not willing agree. Who is it really more beneficial to? I would appreciate it more if LC would fix the problems LC already has and been asked to fix! Not your fault Preston but not everything this company has come up with benefits the customer! So far I haven’t gone to another website yet but there are days I just want to quit this one. Have a great day Preston!
Thank you so much for sharing this as well. I have shared this concern as well, and I apologize any inconvenience that this may have caused. I hope everyone has been having a great day!
3 x

Moderator_Preston

Hot4TENER wrote:
3 years ago
I don’t ever agree to cookies. Usually it’s the end of my online relationship with a site if requires this. I’ll have to run this by my “ go to” IT expert friends. Please share this with your IT department. I don’t believe I’m the only customer that you may lose due to this new policy
Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for your feedback, I have shared this with our web team and I deeply apologize if this causes any inconvenience. Our website has been using cookies to help the shopping experience as with many websites. I hope you have a great day!
2 x