Site uses cookies??? 6/30. 7:30am

Hot4TENER

Re: Site uses cookies??? 6/30. 7:30am

Post by Hot4TENER » 3 years ago

Thank you Preston, for your prompt reply. I hope you can clear up some confusion for me. You posted that the site has been using cookies. Then why are we just now beOmg asked to agree to them? Does SLC share this information, and/or do they intend to? Thank you
9 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 3 years ago

@Moderator_Preston

Again not your fault but this does not aid shopping experience...SLC is running customers off with these intrusive tactics. Just like the POP UP banners we cant seem to get away from on this site. All SLC is doing is irritating us. IT dept needs to fix existing problems not create more taking all joy away from shopping.. -Gypsy
9 x

Jace

Post by Jace » 3 years ago

T-6/30 2:15 p.mEST
Hi!
Any of you have an Alexis??

Talk about "invasion of privacy"!!! ;)
2 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 3 years ago

Please get rid of this message!I have noticed sometimes there is not a lock next to website I hope I don't get Hacked!!😱😰🍀
4 x

Jace

Finger slip... AlexA...

And we won't go into "who's looking at your e-mails"!! :D
2 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 3 years ago

Hot4TENER wrote:
3 years ago
Thank you Preston, for your prompt reply. I hope you can clear up some confusion for me. You posted that the site has been using cookies. Then why are we just now beOmg asked to agree to them? Does SLC share this information, and/or do they intend to? Thank you
Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for your question! On our privacy policy (found here: https://www.shoplc.com/privacypolicy) has had this listed, and the sign up page does indicate that by registering, you accept both the terms of service and privacy policy. The new banner is just to be more upfront with the usage of cookies. Cookies do not extract any data not already provided to us, and is stored on your computer/device directly so it is not getting sent out. Thank you again for your question, I hope your day is going well!
5 x

Hot4TENER

Post by Hot4TENER » 3 years ago

Thank you again Preston. You’re quick with posts and responses today. Appreciate that. Hope you have a nice holiday weekend coming up
8 x

CJM

Post by CJM » 3 years ago

If cookies are used to process our preferences, why is it that under the banner “we think you will like “ there is never anything listed that remotely reflects my likes? It is always stuff I don’t like and wouldn’t buy! Not anything close to what I purchase most consistently! That banner drives me nuts; I would like to have the option to delete it permanently! Just saying:)
9 x

Jace

T-6/30 4:45 p.mEST
With all that is said...

EVERYTHING IS ALREADY "OUT THERE"ON THE INTERNET!!

Public information, &"all that"!! ;)
3 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 3 years ago

CJM wrote:
3 years ago
If cookies are used to process our preferences, why is it that under the banner “we think you will like “ there is never anything listed that remotely reflects my likes? It is always stuff I don’t like and wouldn’t buy! Not anything close to what I purchase most consistently! That banner drives me nuts; I would like to have the option to delete it permanently! Just saying:)
Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for sharing this! I have also sent this over to our web team, thank you again!
3 x