Need feedback!

CJM

Need feedback!

Post by CJM » 3 years ago

Has anyone bought strontium titanate ? If so, is it worth the money?
8 x

Harlequin

Re: Need feedback!

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

My daughter has about that CJ M. She loves it
5 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

My daughter has about that CJ M. She loves it
1 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

CJM wrote:
3 years ago
Has anyone bought strontium titanate ? If so, is it worth the money?
CJM, I've purchased from another place. I bought stud earrings. Strontium only has a hardness of about 5, so it wouldn't be suitable for daily wear. It does sparkle like crazy. Myself, I'd only purchase earrings or pendant or ring only for special occasions. Good luck! 💓
10 x

CJM

Post by CJM » 3 years ago

Thank you for your help! I’ve been on the fence a long time. I guess I’ll still will be 😕
8 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

The sparkle and spectrum of color is out of this world. It is pricey, but I guess it depends how much you are paying as it varies from different vendors.
6 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

@CJM It was first made back I think in the 50's or 60's and it scratches very easy, it is only 5.5 on the hardness scale so you have to be very careful with it that is why the came out with cubic zirconia to replace it. I checked it on on line because another network sells it but I did not purchase it because I did not want to worry about the scratching.
5 x

Kat

Post by Kat » 3 years ago

I was looking at that also. Thanks for posting this.💗 With a hardness scale in the fives, I wouldn't even bother. I'm very hard on my rings. And if it scratches that easily, I'm not even going to to shop for them. Thanks for everyone's answers. 😊💗
6 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

If I were to buy this very refractive stone I would buy a pendant/necklace rather than a ring as hands take so much more of a beating compared to necks.
10 x

Mickie333

Post by Mickie333 » 3 years ago

I LOVE, love, love, love strontium titanate!!!!! It sparkles like no other and in sunlight when I'm driving and i"m stopped at a light sometimes I have to force myself to take my eyes off of my ring and get back to driving. I like it better than diamonds and even moissanite. I've owned it for years and years and in many colors! Plus it has such a cool story to it, the way the stone was discovered in nature AFTER it was created in the lab! What is not to love about this stone?
4 x