bangle bracelet too big

Wendella

bangle bracelet too big

Post by Wendella » 3 years ago

I have a 6 inch wrist. A 6.5 bangle is perfect for me. However, I have 2 bracelets that are 6.75. How do I get them to stop spinning around? It takes only 2 seconds for the top to end up on the underside of my wrist. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
5 x

Tothemoon

Re: bangle bracelet too big

Post by Tothemoon » 3 years ago

Wendella, I too have a few metal bangles that are to large. I don’t know if this will work for you but I took a piece of 16 or 18 gauge jewelry making wire that I purchased from a craft store and twisted it on each end of the bangle to create a bar that runs accords the back of the bangle from the inside. I guess think of an empty circle, and then draw a horizontal line through it about 1/4 inch from the bottom. This created something like a tension bar that I can press next to my skin to hold the bangle in place. It’s barely noticeable to others unless they look at the bottom of my wrist. It’s not the perfect solution but it works for me and makes my loose bangles wearable.
7 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

My solution . . . I don't wear bangles!!! LOL. There are too many other style beautiful bracelets out there that I find to be so much more comfortable.
3 x

Jace

Post by Jace » 3 years ago

T-7/6 1 p.m EST
You are so right, Annieb...
I, too, have small wrist...so don't do bangles ..
Like Bolo=adjustable! ;)
3 x

Wendella

Tothemoon wrote:
3 years ago
Wendella, I too have a few metal bangles that are to large. I don’t know if this will work for you but I took a piece of 16 or 18 gauge jewelry making wire that I purchased from a craft store and twisted it on each end of the bangle to create a bar that runs accords the back of the bangle from the inside. I guess think of an empty circle, and then draw a horizontal line through it about 1/4 inch from the bottom. This created something like a tension bar that I can press next to my skin to hold the bangle in place. It’s barely noticeable to others unless they look at the bottom of my wrist. It’s not the perfect solution but it works for me and makes my loose bangles wearable.
Thank you Tothemoon! I will try this.
4 x

Kat

Post by Kat » 3 years ago

Tothemoon, that is a great solution!!! I'll have to do that to several of mine. Thanks!!! 😊💗 Wendella, thanks for asking this. 😊💗
5 x

Wendella

Wendella wrote:
3 years ago
Tothemoon wrote:
3 years ago
Thank you Tothemoon! I will try this.
I didn't have any wire, but you got me thinking. I used a plastic ring size adjuster that I wrapped around the bottom part of the bracelet. This seems to counter balance the heavy top, and so far, it's working. Thanks again!
6 x

Wendella

Thank you Kat. If you saw my reply to Tothemoon. I used a plastic ring size adjuster and wrapped it around the bottom of the bangle. It seems to counter balance the heavy top of the bangle. I have another one that I have to try it on.
6 x

Tothemoon

Post by Tothemoon » 3 years ago

Wendella wrote:
3 years ago
Thank you Kat. If you saw my reply to Tothemoon. I used a plastic ring size adjuster and wrapped it around the bottom of the bangle. It seems to counter balance the heavy top of the bangle. I have another one that I have to try it on.
I’m glad the ring sizers worked for you!
5 x