Ruby, heated only or fissure filled

RS

Re: Ruby, heated only or fissure filled

Post by RS » 4 years ago

I asked a question during the last show asking if the rubies were treated in ANY way.
I was not answered.
1 x

Topic Tags:

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

You know, this isn't something to be taken lightly.

IT IS ILLEGAL.

They know this too, because they were investigated for this very thing when they were called The Liquidation Channel.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

I’ve been reading...👀
1 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

I made a post a month ago, about disclosing gems treatments. Take a look.
3 x

Pittiemom

Post by Pittiemom » 4 years ago

I've read about fissure filled gems extensively on gem sites. They sell for about $1 a carat, give or take. If the price is cheap and labeled genuine just know for your own edification that its filled. When I shop rubies here I'm aware that I'm getting fissure filled and I enjoy the pretty setting and the color.

We watched a documentary about Ruby and they don't call it "the king of gems" for no reason. He showed some Burmese rubies selling up to 1 million dollars. He had a ring that was 8 cut weight that went at auction for close to 800K and that was about 12 years ago.

Just enjoy the pretty stones they have here and know that you can own and wear the lovely king of gems at a decent price even if they're not valuable as you wish they were. They're affordable.
1 x

N2vintage

Post by N2vintage » 4 years ago

These lead glass filled rubies are worthless. All of the large jewelry manufacturers know this. And until there is any type of regulation on this process they will continue to sell them as if they were the real thing.
Think of it like the tobacco companies knowing that smoking was bad, but until they actually had to put it on their label they were not going physically tell you.
2 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Pittiemom wrote:
4 years ago
I've read about fissure filled gems extensively on gem sites. They sell for about $1 a carat, give or take. If the price is cheap and labeled genuine just know for your own edification that its filled. When I shop rubies here I'm aware that I'm getting fissure filled and I enjoy the pretty setting and the color.

We watched a documentary about Ruby and they don't call it "the king of gems" for no reason. He showed some Burmese rubies selling up to 1 million dollars. He had a ring that was 8 cut weight that went at auction for close to 800K and that was about 12 years ago.

Just enjoy the pretty stones they have here and know that you can own and wear the lovely king of gems at a decent price even if they're not valuable as you wish they were. They're affordable.
Soooo...fooling people is okay with you? Lying to people who might be paying for these items to re-sell, or to have something of monetary value to pass down to their children and grandchildren is okay? As long as the "stones" are pretty?

It's called ILLEGAL BUSINESS PRACTICES.
2 x

Tothemoon

Post by Tothemoon » 4 years ago

N2vintage wrote:
4 years ago
These lead glass filled rubies are worthless. All of the large jewelry manufacturers know this. And until there is any type of regulation on this process they will continue to sell them as if they were the real thing.
Think of it like the tobacco companies knowing that smoking was bad, but until they actually had to put it on their label they were not going physically tell you.
The stock exchanges are heavily policed by the Securities Exchange Commission. I am always perplexed when the SLC hosts state they expect the value of certain gems to go up and teeter on recommending certain gems as an investment. I’m surprised the gemstone business isn’t regulated more.
2 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

First of all, we would like to apologize for the confusion around ruby treatments. We see that there have been several conversations around the subject, and would like to address this topic to create a better experience.

Since Burmese Rubies have reentered the market, demand has been extremely high. Our Mission has always been to provide affordable and high-quality products through our low-cost direct sourcing.

As a result, the treatment of these stones might vary from event to event. We reviewed how this information is presented online and over the air, and will be taking steps to provide better clarity going forward.

Online resources are being reviewed and updated continuously. Resources for on-air presenting have been consolidated and improved, and additional training will be provided to employees on communicating information like stone treatments.

Thank you for participating in our Community Forum and making it a success so that we may continue Delivering Joy!
0 x

TerryTalk

Post by TerryTalk » 4 years ago

A simple way to educate your customers is provide the treatment(s) or lack there of in the product description lines for each piece of jewelry. JTV does this— for example on their site I would know if I am buying a fissure filled ruby, composite turquoise, heat treated sapphire, etc... This is extremely helpful and reassuring to customers and we then can make an educated decision about our customers in purchase. ShopLC has the description format already at the bottom of the app page, now the company needs to decide to list additional information it sounds like your customers truly want and need 👍😊
2 x