Receiving Used/Returned Goods

Moderator_Connor

Re: Receiving Used/Returned Goods

Post by Moderator_Connor » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
Of course returned items are put back in inventory. I see that with the south sea pearls. Says OUT OF STOCK, then a couple weeks later there are 4 available. They cant say they bought more, because Adi claimed they bought all the inventory because the guy went out of business. So when there are more available, its because they are returned.
Thank you for your message! The reason an item appears available again after showing Out of Stock can vary. Returned items that are not defective or damaged can be returned back into stock. Any Returns that are damaged or defective are removed from inventory and addressed accordingly. Of course, any order cancellations can return items back into stock as well. Depending on the specific item, it is also possible that we can secure additional stock of a sold-out item and re-stock it again.
0 x

LoyalCustomer717

Post by LoyalCustomer717 » 4 years ago

AND JUST WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH SENDING A CUSTOMER A RETURNED ITEM? I RECEIVED A USED AND DAMAGED HANDBAG IN A PLASTIC SHIPPING BAG...AS IF IT WERE NO BIG DEAL TO SHIP ME SOMETHING THAT WAY, IN THAT CONDITION. LIKE I'M SOME SORT OF PERSON THAT'S NOT GONNA NOTICE I'VE BEEN SENT USED GOODS. I WAS SENT AN ITEM THAT HAD CLEARLY BEEN RESTOCKED. I'M JUST NOT A HAPPY CAMPER AT THIS POINT....DON'T THINK I WILL BE FOR A WHILE, MOVING FORWARD WITH SHOPLC.
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Moderator_Connor wrote:
4 years ago

Returned items that are not defective or damaged can be returned back into stock.
Mod Conner...who are we to believe here?
From Mod Preston:

“Good morning,

Thank you so much for your message. We deeply apologize that the item you received was defective. We do advise that we do not take returned items and put them back into inventory.”

Soooo.....????
2 x

LoyalCustomer717

MOVING FORWARD: I'M DONE WITH THIS. SUPERVISOR IN APPROPRIATE AREA IS DEALING WITH IT NOW.
0 x

Moderator_Danielle

Post by Moderator_Danielle » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Moderator_Connor wrote:
4 years ago

Returned items that are not defective or damaged can be returned back into stock.
From Mod Preston:

“Good morning,

Thank you so much for your message. We deeply apologize that the item you received was defective. We do advise that we do not take returned items and put them back into inventory.”

Soooo.....????

RS,

Thank you very much for pointing the inconsistency in responses out. I apologize to all customers for any confusion we may have caused, we did not intend to do that. We just wanted to make sure people knew the following #1 Damaged items ARE NOT going back into circulation to customers. Damaged items are addressed by a totally different process. #2 If a non-defective product is returned (customer changed mind/didn't wear it) these products do go back into inventory.

I hope this helps

Danielle
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Moderator_Danielle wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Moderator_Connor wrote:
4 years ago

From Mod Preston:

“Good morning,

Soooo.....????

RS,

Thank you very much for pointing the inconsistency in responses out. I apologize to all customers for any confusion we may have caused, we did not intend to do that. We just wanted to make sure people knew the following #1 Damaged items ARE NOT going back into circulation to customers. Damaged items are addressed by a totally different process. #2 If a non-defective product is returned (customer changed mind/didn't wear it) these products do go back into inventory.

I hope this helps

Danielle
Thanks for clearing that up Danielle! 🤗
2 x

LoyalCustomer717

DANIELLE...AS THE RECIPIENT OF A USED AND DAMAGED HANDBAG, I STRONGLY DISAGREE WITH THE STATEMENT DAMAGED GOODS DO NOT MAKE THEIR WAY BACK INTO INVENTORY/RESTOCK. I HAVE FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE, TO DATE.
0 x

LoyalCustomer717

NOTE TO SELF: KEEP IT MOVIN'. LIFE'S TOO SHORT TO STRESS OVER TRIVIAL MATTERS. I'LL JUST RETURN MY DAMAGED/RESTOCKED HANDBAG AND HOPE TO GET A REPLACEMENT THAT IS 'NEW' AND PACKAGED/SHIPPED IN PROPER MATERIALS AND MANNER. ..................STILL A LOYAL SHOPLC CUSTOMER--NO MATTER WHAT...STUFF HAPPENS AND ITS IMPORTANT TO 'KEEP IT MOVIN'' FORWARD IN A POSITIVE WAY ..... :!:
3 x

SueB

Post by SueB » 4 years ago

Vicky wrote:
4 years ago
Of course returned items are put back in inventory. I see that with the south sea pearls. Says OUT OF STOCK, then a couple weeks later there are 4 available. They cant say they bought more, because Adi claimed they bought all the inventory because the guy went out of business. So when there are more available, its because they are returned.
Most definitely!!! Pink sapphire ring size gone for a month!!! Suddenly pops up online... I order it omg junk It WAS a RETURN that was BAD !!!! And they put it right back online NOT AUCTION!!!
1 x

TerryTalk

Post by TerryTalk » 4 years ago

I realize this is a late post, but I had to add my comment. As a former Nurse Manager of 350+ employees for over 30 years both in hospital and home health settings—-a company can have a policy that they want their staff to adhere to 100% of the time. However, in practice the policy may not be followed by staff 100% of the time. I have had items from QVC, HSN, JTV, to name just 3 in the last 22+ years of home shopping send me used items instead of the new items I purchased. I have found used tissues in pant pockets, candy wrappers in a purse, a post-it note with handwritten notes in a jacket pocket, to mention just a few items I have received that were so-called “new”. A QVC customer service manager apologized and told me it was not supposed to happen and she was so sorry and refunded my money right away and gave me a small credit on my account—I think it was like $20.00 and the item I had purchased was approximately $250.00. QVC saw I had been a customer for years and made things right. JTV gave me excellent customer service and also apologized and said it should not have happened. I a 10 or 15% discount on my next item—-I don’t remember which. I sent the item back and received a refund promptly. Only HSN was a problem, acting like I was lying and it couldn’t have sent out a used item! Like I said— a company can have a policy it doesn’t mean the policy is followed all the time by all the employees! Trust me, I know and could give you examples of this over and over! Thanks for listening 😊
3 x