10 x

NanaInBama

Re: Yelling on TV

Post by NanaInBama » 3 years ago

anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
Harlequin wrote:
3 years ago
Cheryl made the comment a few days ago about hearing people were calling in, texting in said she wasn’t going to change. Ankur toned it down, Cheryl should be able to also. As I said she’s very knowledgeable, she’s just way too loud. She can also be a little snotty sometimes that’s why I definitely change the channel, and I do not buy anything when she gets like that. PERIOD!!!!🥴
@Harlequin , she actually said that she knew people were complaining, but doesn't care, won't change? Hmmm!!!

I heard her say it. She said “you guys can write in or call in saying that I’m yelling and too loud, but I’m not going to stop doing it”. I found that disrespectful to us. I rarely comment on here but I must say that even though I’ve only been a customer since May 2020, I find her very disruptive and she interrupts the other hosts as they are giving details on the product. I’ll be looking at an item on the screen because I’m wanting to possibly purchase it, and she makes the camera leave the product and focus on her by saying “can I com and talk to everyone because this is serious”. It aggravates me so much. We can hear her and look at the product at the same thing. I have now begun to mute my tv when she’s on. Especially in the morning. It’s just too early sometimes to hear her yelling and making the camera constantly focus on her rather than the items I’m considering spending money on. I rarely buy anything when she’s on anymore because I just can’t take the guilt-trip-tactics and yelling that she uses. It’s too much and I just have to turn the channel... just my perspective as a newbie. When she said “keep complaining all you want but I’m NOT going to stop my yelling” I was completely turned off.
14 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 3 years ago

@NanaInBama

I agree with everything you just stated. There are alot of us that have been complaining about the yelling and lack of presentation of jewelry pieces for a LONG TIME now -Gypsy
12 x

Jace

Post by Jace » 3 years ago

It's called Show-man-ship!!

And, in Sales...there's a strategy called "sense of urgency"

If she's "selling A LOT"...and making "her quota"..
There will be No changes made by SHlc..

No matter how many complaints.
6 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

Until SLC loses business, they will not change. I just don't watch anymore. If they want my money, they can tame their hosts. Until then, I check RA and watch other home shopping. Their hosts are considerate, professional and easy to watch.
12 x

honey

Post by honey » 3 years ago

I ain't payin' a nickel to see this show!
9 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

Jace wrote:
3 years ago
It's called Show-man-ship!!

And, in Sales...there's a strategy called "sense of urgency"

If she's "selling A LOT"...and making "her quota"..
There will be No changes made by SHlc..

No matter how many complaints.
They aren't selling used cars. How do you know how much she sells? They gave primetime to Chuck. How do you know what their quota is? 😉
9 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

@Jace

Sad but true. Nothing will stop the train wreck named Cheryl. This is really a shame because she really is knowledgeable about gemstones. If she could highlight that, instead of volume, most of us would be much happier.
8 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

Jace: No disrespect intended, do you work for Shop. L. C, maybe? 7-11. 1:35. pm. 😊
8 x

Jace

Post by Jace » 3 years ago

To: Gemsnob...you are right...
They're not selling used cars,
But the concept is the same.
Have you never been in a situation where you were thinking of buying,
And were told..hurry, there's only a few left or maybe you're getting the last one?

And, no, I don't know how much she sells or her quota.
That was only a generalization to what all sales people refer.

And, to Harlequin..I do not work for ShLC...
but have been in and around the business world
In many areas and positions.
3 x