Concerts

Harlequin

Concerts

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

Has anyone on the forum ever go two concerts in the 70s or 80s?
5 x

anniebelle

Re: Concerts

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

Oh yeah!!! Those were the good old days In so many ways! Who were your faves? Off top of my head, Creedence, Rod Stewart, Chicago. Stretching out my brain now.
5 x

CJM

Post by CJM » 3 years ago

Lots of concerts! Why?
4 x

CJM

Doobie brothers deep purple Johnny Winter’s Jethro Tull Heart The Firm Brian Adams Cory Hart Lynard Skynard Bon Jovi Steppenwolf Robert Plant Eagles Cheap Trick Yes those were the best days! I lived in Austin Tx. Best concerts! I still listen to all this music. My dream concert would be to see David Gilmore/Pink Floyd!!
6 x

Harlequin

I was just wondering if you guys went to any concerts back in the days, my older brother took me, went to See Boston, Aerosmith, queen, kiss, Rod Stewart couple others I can’t remember. My very first concert was in Indianapolis, Indiana. Lived in Kokomo Indiana for about 45 years, one concert I went to I fainted because everyone’s smoking, And not just cigarettes my friends took me out to the car put me in the backseat and locked all the doors until the concert was over😫. I’m only about 5 foot for everyone else was taller and I couldn’t get any air to breathe, so down I went🥴
4 x

CJM

My first concert was Paul Revere and the Raiders. Springfield Mo. Boy I’m giving away how old I am 😮
8 x

Horsepower

Post by Horsepower » 3 years ago

Harlequin wrote:
3 years ago
I was just wondering if you guys went to any concerts back in the days, my older brother took me, went to See Boston, Aerosmith, queen, kiss, Rod Stewart couple others I can’t remember. My very first concert was in Indianapolis, Indiana. Lived in Kokomo Indiana for about 45 years, one concert I went to I fainted because everyone’s smoking, And not just cigarettes my friends took me out to the car put me in the backseat and locked all the doors until the concert was over😫. I’m only about 5 foot for everyone else was taller and I couldn’t get any air to breathe, so down I went🥴
We share the same stomping ground. I'm a born & bred Hoosier, graduated Purdue University in W. Lafayette, loved the Noble Roman's Pizza at Kokomo, and partied like crazy in Indianapolis. I loved to show my Quarter Horses at the Indianapolis State Fair. WOW, those really were the "good ole days". I'm talking the 70's !!!
5 x

Harlequin

Horse power: I went to a couple parties at Purdue, those were the days. 😊. Noble Romans pizza was awesome, forgot about that until you mentioned it.
5 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

Been to many a concert in my time but I think I got y'all beat. When I was very young- 16? I think- my family was visiting friends in Berkeley and I heard a rumor that Janice Joplin was having a party at a house she was renting in Oakland. I managed to hitch a ride to the general area. Found the house. Wasn't too hard as there were about a dozen Harley motorcycles out front.

Having no fear and less brains, I knocked on the door and Guess Who opened it!?! "Who are you, whaddya want, an how much ya willing to pay for it?" Totally startled and not knowing how to respond, I burst into song "Have another little piece of my heart now, baby. You know you got it if it makes you feel good!" Even though I could not- and still can't- carry a tune in a bucket with four handles, amazingly entry was granted. And yes, she really did drink Jack Daniels straight out of the bottle. And yes she really did have a rumbling belly laugh. And no- I didn't stay long. Feeling the call of nature I was looking for the bathroom and stumbled into a room filled floor to ceilings **** plants. Time to exit stage left.

I knocked on neighbors doors until I found someone willing to let me use their phone. Oh how the mighty have fallen! Sheepish, I had to have my Grandfather come and pick me up. That amazing man never asked me a single question. Still--one of the more unforgettable moments in my life.
11 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
3 years ago
Been to many a concert in my time but I think I got y'all beat. When I was very young- 16? I think- my family was visiting friends in Berkeley and I heard a rumor that Janice Joplin was having a party at a house she was renting in Oakland. I managed to hitch a ride to the general area. Found the house. Wasn't too hard as there were about a dozen Harley motorcycles out front.

Having no fear and less brains, I knocked on the door and Guess Who opened it!?! "Who are you, whaddya want, an how much ya willing to pay for it?" Totally startled and not knowing how to respond, I burst into song "Have another little piece of my heart now, baby. You know you got it if it makes you feel good!" Even though I could not- and still can't- carry a tune in a bucket with four handles, amazingly entry was granted. And yes, she really did drink Jack Daniels straight out of the bottle. And yes she really did have a rumbling belly laugh. And no- I didn't stay long. Feeling the call of nature I was looking for the bathroom and stumbled into a room filled floor to ceilings xxxx plants. Time to exit stage left.

I knocked on neighbors doors until I found someone willing to let me use their phone. Oh how the mighty have fallen! Sheepish, I had to have my Grandfather come and pick me up. That amazing man never asked me a single question. Still--one of the more unforgettable moments in my life.
As usual, what a story!
6 x