Late Shipment

unhappy

Late Shipment

Post by unhappy » 3 years ago

I have an order from the 9th of July 2020 that finally showed it was supposed to be here the 18th of July 2020 . Didn't arrive . Now it shows
Greetings: Your package experienced a delay while in transit to you. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. Kindly allow an additional 24 - 48 hours for delivery. Thank you for your patience ,showed arrival at DHL on the 14th now shows arrival the 16th. I talked with a very nice customer service person and he said nothing could be done until 10 WORKING DAYS after the last scan on the 16th. That is the 30th of July, 3 week after my order. It is several orders together and I would really like some feedback on the issue. This is the 2nd problem I have had in the last month with orders. The last one was cancelled in the warehouse but I was fortunately able to to redo most of the order. I am not a happy camper. Is anyone else
having these issues. Stay safe and well everyone.
12 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Re: Late Shipment

Post by Moderator_Preston » 3 years ago

unhappy wrote:
3 years ago
I have an order from the 9th of July 2020 that finally showed it was supposed to be here the 18th of July 2020 . Didn't arrive . Now it shows
Greetings: Your package experienced a delay while in transit to you. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. Kindly allow an additional 24 - 48 hours for delivery. Thank you for your patience ,showed arrival at DHL on the 14th now shows arrival the 16th. I talked with a very nice customer service person and he said nothing could be done until 10 WORKING DAYS after the last scan on the 16th. That is the 30th of July, 3 week after my order. It is several orders together and I would really like some feedback on the issue. This is the 2nd problem I have had in the last month with orders. The last one was cancelled in the warehouse but I was fortunately able to to redo most of the order. I am not a happy camper. Is anyone else
having these issues. Stay safe and well everyone.
Good morning,

I deeply apologize that this is happening to you. In this case, please email the order information to me at preston.weaver@shoplc.com so I can look into this.
1 x

Gyspy

Post by Gyspy » 3 years ago

Anytime I order anything, I get the same response from DHL. I never get my items for at a minimum of 10-15 days. I laugh out loud when I hear the hosts says "you'll get your item in 5-7 business days!" DHL is apparently one of the slowest deliver services ! I always get the so sorry your package has been delayed please allow 24-to 48 hours for delivery. And that was before Covid19! If I order something for a gift, I always allow at least a month from when I need it.
9 x

Jonarts

Post by Jonarts » 3 years ago

Sorry to say I have the same issue on an order, mine was placed on July 1st, I was told bt DHL to contact Shoplc to see if they could help. I have emailed shoplc twice (including one to Preston) and no answer. Had the same exact error message as you, unexpected delay. Not sure what's going on with customer service these days. Unfortunately for me two orders were placed in same shipping package so that's five items missing.
Denise
11 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

@unhappy I complained about the same issue about 10 days ago and I have been having this issue for over a year now, it started 2 Christmas's ago.
9 x

shopLC_alex

Post by shopLC_alex » 3 years ago

Jonarts wrote:
3 years ago
Sorry to say I have the same issue on an order, mine was placed on July 1st, I was told bt DHL to contact Shoplc to see if they could help. I have emailed shoplc twice (including one to Preston) and no answer. Had the same exact error message as you, unexpected delay. Not sure what's going on with customer service these days. Unfortunately for me two orders were placed in same shipping package so that's five items missing.
Denise
Good morning,

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Please contact me directly at alex.washington@tjc.tv with your account and order information. As soon as possible if you are still facing issues. Today I'll be here for the next 10 hours to assist you.
4 x

bluez

Post by bluez » 3 years ago

Just sent off an email because my order from 7/12/20 seems to be stuck at DHL also. :(
bluez
7 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 3 years ago

There are a few problems that I've discovered with purchasing & shipping between SLC and DHL Here's the pattern for me.

If I order every day or every other day - or several in one day - SLC will "wait" a certain (unknown) time to gather all the items to put in one package to ship out. IF SLC "guesses" I will purchase more they will sit on my orders and not ship out until they think I'm done purchasing or some time algorithm period. THEN SLC will combine my purchases into one package and ship using DHL. Then DHL will do the same thing SLC just did meaning DHL will sit on MY packages until DHL decides/guesses no more new packages are being sent to my address. One time shipping is better than many packages being routed separately "everyday" to the same destination traveling on their trucks/flights route as I guess it is more costly to them.

So then once DHL is satisfied no other packages are coming to Houston, DHL will ship to Georgia THEN it sits again "waiting" on my new purchase that I just bought at SLC in Austin and will wait on it in Houston or Georgia.... (all DHL hubs are waiting to see if more packages are coming so they can combine and ship once). Once packages are in Georgia and none are immediately coming, they will hand off to USPS and then it gets to me FAST. Georgia sends it to my State and I will have it within 24 hours.

This is the pattern of my shipments. It may not be yours but it's certainly mine.

Lastly, if I only order ONE purchase say once a week - I will get my package much more quickly and within 5 days. There is definitely a communication feed between SLC and DHL and both want to "combine" packages to save themselves money ---- to heck with us.
6 x

BeckyJane

Post by BeckyJane » 3 years ago

I, too, have had quite a few packages that end up displaying the same message. I have had, in the last 2 weeks (2nd week of July through today, July 23rd), probably about 3 of these messages, with late, late packages arriving. It makes me think "Why am I even held to paying any shipping?" Very frustrating!
7 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

If someone lives in Texas and orders from SLC in Texas, why does it go to Georgia and then back to Texas? 🥴. To me it makes no sense
6 x