Stop that new music!!!

RoxiJade

Stop that new music!!!

Post by RoxiJade » 3 years ago

I know they think it is holiday festive but it is REALLY annoying after awhile!
5 x

Angelflutter

Re: Stop that new music!!!

Post by Angelflutter » 3 years ago

I'm with you on stopping the festive music. I hate to be a fuddy duddy.... but most places have gotten to where they start playing Christmas music the 1st of November. By Thanksgiving, I've had ENOUGH. Christmas is so effing commercialized. Everybody has forgotten about the reason for the season !!!! All I've heard for the past couple of months is " Christmas in July and Christmas in August. Next thing ya know...it'll be Christmas in September, October, and let's just get rid of Thanksgiving and just have Christmas in November. It's not just ShopLC. It's Everywhere !!!!! The way the world is today with Covid. People out of work, losing their jobs, homes, cars and in some cases their children...it's REALLY, REALLY a far stretch to think people want to listen to holiday music. There wont be a Christmas for those that dont have extra dollars.They're just trying to put food on their table and keep a roof over their heads. Those that have the dollars to spend... this probably doesn't bother them. Those of them that do not, really don't want the daily reminder that there probably won't be a Christmas for them. The cheery holiday music and hearing the word Christmas every couple of minutes is NOT uplifting..... it's to be frank...depressing. Any other year it might be enjoyable ...but not THIS year. I think a little sensibility needs to be put in place. Let's save the holly jolly Christmas music at least until After Thanksgiving. PLEASE !!!!!
13 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 3 years ago

DITTO ⬆️⬆️⬆️

Angel - you are SO RIGHT !

Gypsy
9 x

RoxiJade

Angelflutter wrote:
3 years ago
I'm with you on stopping the festive music. I hate to be a fuddy duddy.... but most places have gotten to where they start playing Christmas music the 1st of November. By Thanksgiving, I've had ENOUGH. Christmas is so effing commercialized. Everybody has forgotten about the reason for the season !!!! All I've heard for the past couple of months is " Christmas in July and Christmas in August. Next thing ya know...it'll be Christmas in September, October, and let's just get rid of Thanksgiving and just have Christmas in November. It's not just ShopLC. It's Everywhere !!!!! The way the world is today with Covid. People out of work, losing their jobs, homes, cars and in some cases their children...it's REALLY, REALLY a far stretch to think people want to listen to holiday music. There wont be a Christmas for those that dont have extra dollars.They're just trying to put food on their table and keep a roof over their heads. Those that have the dollars to spend... this probably doesn't bother them. Those of them that do not, really don't want the daily reminder that there probably won't be a Christmas for them. The cheery holiday music and hearing the word Christmas every couple of minutes is NOT uplifting..... it's to be frank...depressing. Any other year it might be enjoyable ...but not THIS year. I think a little sensibility needs to be put in place. Let's save the holly jolly Christmas music at least until After Thanksgiving. PLEASE !!!!!
Well said!
7 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

I agree with what you're saying, but I actually haven't heard the music! I did see the commercial for Christmas in August, thought it was funny about being quarantined for so longdont know what time of year it is!
6 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

I think they turned the new music up, today is actually the first day I could hear it, a few days ago I could hear something but I couldn’t make out what it was. Oh my!!🥴
1 x

RoxiJade

anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
I agree with what you're saying, but I actually haven't heard the music! I did see the commercial for Christmas in August, thought it was funny about being quarantined for so longdont know what time of year it is!
It's very bouncy and they are playing it on a loop. It will get stuck in your head, which is horrible. (I think it's called an "ear worm" when you can't get a melody out of your head?). If any of you used to watch "The Walking Dead" tv series, there was an episode where Daryl's captors played the song "Easy Street" nonstop as a form of torture. Nuff said! LOL!
5 x

Jace

Post by Jace » 3 years ago

You all have great opinions

But I haven't watched..any of it....in AGES.
3 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

I have double ear infection, went to Dr. Tuesday, got two shots and two meds. Must be getting better, I can hear AGAIN🥴
3 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 3 years ago

Take care Harlequin. I hope that you feel better.
5 x