What do you do with blue jewelry boxes?

Ena

What do you do with blue jewelry boxes?

Post by Ena » 3 years ago

I got a new problem :lol:

I'm buying so much that I already have a pile of blue boxes. Usually, after I get my jewelry I toss the box.
But these small blue boxes with a white ribbon are just too pretty to throw out. :D

What do you all do with them? :D
7 x

Harlequin

Re: What do you do with blue jewelry boxes?

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

Ena: Donate the blue boxes. 🙂
5 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 3 years ago

Hi everyone,
To use the blue gift boxes, You can buy foam velvet inserts Cut to size. Cut little slits in the velvet and place the jewelry in it.
I used to buy new gift boxes for all jewelry I bought. Most of my jewelry go to kids of all ages. Over 40 kids and adults I buy Birthday, holiday, and graduation gifts. So for the kids, I now just put in inserts and reuse the blue boxes.
My adult kids get diamonds, the kids get under $50 gifts.
Shoplc used to have coupon codes which made their items Even a bigger buy.
Most diamonds shoplc sells is commercial quality i2-i3 clarity. If the stones are very small, the inclusions arent too visible.
I bought quite a few. I also bought Rhapsody diamonds which are high quality when one day it was BOGO ( buy 1 and get 1 free) A steal.
I also bought one iliana piece. 18 kt and Decent quality stones.
The hosts will brag about the color of a diamond, but wont mention how included it is. Its easy to learn what the letters and numbers mean in color and clarity. Google it.
Also Niassa Ruby is FF ( fracture filled) ilikaka hot pink sapphire is Also FF and a few others. They are very fragile. Never put them in a ultrasonic jewelry cleaner. My niassa necklace exploded in there. There were so many pieces of red glass.
They take a ugly very included stone, and fill it with colored glass and the stone looks great. Has no collector value. If you are very careful, you can have a nice looking gemstone for little money.
I now only buy if I find a coupon online, or the item is too cheap to resist.
Putting things you like into your wishlist lets you wait intil the price is lower. Shoplc usually emails you when a item in your wishlist went lower. Of course sometimes the price increases, so if you really want it, then dont wait.

Good luck Ena.

Hugs❤️Vicky
8 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 3 years ago

there are alot of ideas we have collectively come up with here are a few....

Decorate them up as Tooth fairy boxes

Use as Christmas ornaments, put small gifts inside, coins, money, candy. ( fun for the grandkids)

Use to make Holiday count down calendars

As always DONATE there's always someone needing small gift boxes.

-Gypsy
9 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

Little ones make a great cat toy (Milo approved). LOL! You can use the bottoms only to divide an open fancy box, like the aluminum ones, to sort a collection. I think there once was a blog here on the website with many ideas.
7 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 3 years ago

Hi Ena: if you can’t use them for the other suggestions the girls posted, I would find a little home town boutique or a craft business & ask around. I’m sure someone will appreciate them. It will keep them from buying. Happy shopping !! 🌼
9 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

apparently if you are Shop LC you auction them off on the rising Auction. I'm not kidding!!! I've seen them at least twice!
7 x

Ena

Post by Ena » 3 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
3 years ago
apparently if you are Shop LC you auction them off on the rising Auction. I'm not kidding!!! I've seen them at least twice!
Just to make sure.. Are the Rising Auction is the same as the $1 Online Auction?
5 x

KLiz

Post by KLiz » 3 years ago

I have a friend who owns a pawn shop that has quite a bit of jewelry he's just a small business owner and he so appreciate me giving the blue boxes to him for him to put the jewelry in that he sells to others I'm sure that if you have any small business operators in your area they would love to get the boxes. Regular jewelry stores have their own boxes so they're not interested but other people that sell jewelry are and since they're small business especially in these times they don't have a lot of extra money. K
7 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

@Ena , I looked into this again, knew I'd seen it before. On the main page go to "education ", to " blogs" , then " search" blue boxes. There are a plethora of ideas collected by Forum members in the past. You'll definitely enjoy looking thru them.
5 x