LC give me a break

CJM

LC give me a break

Post by CJM » 3 years ago

Masks on now with led lights? I thought masks were for protection from the dreaded virus? Please don’t tell me come on it’s fun. Enough with masks. I’m sick of seeing them. Now it’s more about fashion. This stuff really makes me cranky 🤨
9 x

RoxiJade

Re: LC give me a break

Post by RoxiJade » 3 years ago

CJM wrote:
3 years ago
Masks on now with led lights? I thought masks were for protection from the dreaded virus? Please don’t tell me come on it’s fun. Enough with masks. I’m sick of seeing them. Now it’s more about fashion. This stuff really makes me cranky 🤨
I agree. Now it's just getting stupid. I think we might be losing sight of the purpose. (But watch, they will probably be best sellers! LOL!)
5 x

Ena

Post by Ena » 3 years ago

Agree 100%. I see this glamorizing of face masks everywhere. Many designers jumped on the wagon to make a quick buck. It makes me angry and sad at the same time.

How can you make a fashion statement and fashion accessory form something that has to be used in an emergency situation only?
How can you glamorize a medical mask? I can't stand it, never bought one and don't plan to. When I see them presented I switch the channel.
6 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

Folks, I don't know where you live, but this IS an emergency situation. In my state you MUST wear a mask in public and people are encouraged to stay home. Perhaps flashing lights is a bit ridiculous, but a little bling helps to make a necessity a bit easier to take. Matching your outfit Is the popular thing to do! I do hope you are all wearing a mask, that you are not rejecting the whole idea.
6 x

Sea_Hag

Post by Sea_Hag » 3 years ago

@anniebelle I'm with you and if we have to wear them why not have a little fun? When people have to wear a cast, they can get them in all kinds of bright colors, etc. It's not about glamorizing a bad thing, it's about making the best of a serious situation. :)
8 x

CJM

Post by CJM » 3 years ago

Ya but read the description for the masks LC sells. Half of them are just “fashion “ masks. 2 layers. It’s recommended to have at least 3 layers; no valves. Some of these are more for dust/allergies. They don’t protect against viruses. I’m like a lot of you. Mask mandate where I live. If it wasn’t mandated I would not wear them and I’m almost 70. I feel like I’m suffocating with them. I don’t think it’s healthy to breathe in your exhaled breath.
5 x

Jace

Post by Jace » 3 years ago

Hi!
I "jazzed up" the blue(facing out)with
A sheer chiffon covering
That I hand sewed over
Gave me something to do during these times
Different colors to match outfit

To make one feel a little better about it all.
7 x

Jace

Post by Jace » 3 years ago

T Y, Rolltide...
I spray inside and out with ( sprayable) sanitizer and let dry.

And, I,too, carry thicker-type hand sanitizer.

So far, so good!
2 x