Moissinite?????

Gem Lover

Re: Moissinite?????

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

Moissenite does come in different grades like diamonds, the J channel sells 80% of what they do not think is good enough to use at wholesale prices to other networks.
5 x

silleemee

Post by silleemee » 3 years ago

Many places that sell Moissanite, other than C&C, don't certify/grade their stones. If you want it certified you'll need to have a jeweler send it to a gem lab for certification which will cost anywhere from $150 to $300 depending on the size of the stone and which lab is testing it. As far as I can tell none of the shopping networks sell certified Moissanite so you really don't know what you're buying as far as quality of stone.
4 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

@silleemee

Thanks for the update. I was unaware the patent had run out for C & C. I learn something almost every day here.
5 x

RoxiJade

Post by RoxiJade » 3 years ago

Harlequin wrote:
3 years ago
When did SLC start selling this?? I thought only had J. Channel sold this jewelry. So expensive on J. I don’t care for it, unfortunately. Did like my lustrous Stella piece I bought from here over a month ago. Hope it’s less expensive here than J, for the people who like it.
WARNING! I few years ago I was able to purchase Moissante studs here. I was SO excited, since I had heard so much about this diamond alternate from a story on our local news. (A story discussing diamond options for those trying to reduce cost of engagement rings). When they arrived, they were a pale greenish yellow. Not attractive at all. I have since been buying it from a competitor (J), and it is outstanding. It is NOT cheap, but well worth it to me. It is 9.2 on the hardness scale, and prettier than any diamond I could buy. If you plan to buy it, do your research and go for highest grade or don't bother. Just my experience and opinion. Buyer beware.
8 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

Was looking at the Moissinite on line didn’t see any budget pay on any items, some what expensive.
3 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

Poops, my bad I did see some with B. P.
4 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

Harlequin wrote:
3 years ago
Poops, my bad I did see some with B. P.