Update on bidding limits

Kat

Re: Update on bidding limits

Post by Kat » 3 years ago

FOB is placing super high bids on faux leather bags. Some are in the $50's, $60's, and $70's!!!!!
4 x

Kat

Post by Kat » 3 years ago

A faux bag is at $139!!!! The item #3412921
3 x

JustaShopper

Post by JustaShopper » 3 years ago

I had this, we bid come back to see if we won and on the best stuff its always the same someone will raise the price. we can't always sit glued to bid at last seconds. even though the system will make sure sure no one gets items under a certain price no matter what. User unfriendly, just like not putting the size on some items, that is brand new too, Again user unfriendly. I will not buy anything from my family at shop LC. anymore.

To all out there, Best wishes, God bless, Stay safe.
2 x

JustaShopper

Post by JustaShopper » 3 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Ruby wrote:
4 years ago
I have some videos that I took of just some of the ridiculousness that the auction has become. I would LOVE to share those with you guys, if possible. Also, the ability to delete items from my purchase box has been removed. Why is that? If I definitely decide I don't want an item, I used to be able to delete it and move on, making way for other items in my list of 100 winning bids. Now it just sits there for 3 days.
You bid on and win 100 items then pick and choose what you want?

To me that is abuse of the system just as much as overbidding.
We should have the right to bid on what we want t, then pick the rare best wins and WE should have the ability to put the rest right back into circulation in hopes of getting a better price or giving someone else a chance to win. . Some items it seems the program will not let someone win under a certain price , after a time the price seems to lower. like the silver lapis earrings that were there for a while,, well I won , I bought, They were dented and so not worth it. I was already going thru several issues with shop LC and decided just like a few other pieces eat it..
Don't get me wrong, I have had some great deals especially on pieces that have gone up over the years. I will not but anything from shop lc, untill it is more user friendly. That was the last straw. I have never had 100 winning bids at once ,,, you go girl
2 x

josey

Post by josey » 3 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Hot4TENER wrote:
4 years ago

Bidding in the last seconds of the auction
So you have to pay attention and it becomes.....fastest fingers win
Or the fastest internet speed. And all of that also depends on no glitches on the SLC site.

So basically it’s good luck at that point.
I never heard of the word "sniping" I consider it a legitimate strategy. After all, that is what an auction is, a time limit! get your bid in before the time limit. and yes, sometimes it is just luck or your internet speed. I sometimes can't even get my bid in.
6 x

...barefoot...

Post by ...barefoot... » 3 years ago

josey wrote:
3 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago

So you have to pay attention and it becomes.....fastest fingers win
Or the fastest internet speed. And all of that also depends on no glitches on the SLC site.

So basically it’s good luck at that point.
I never heard of the word "sniping" I consider it a legitimate strategy. After all, that is what an auction is, a time limit! get your bid in before the time limit. and yes, sometimes it is just luck or your internet speed. I sometimes can't even get my bid in.
Sniping is the only way to go around here. Decide ahead of time what the absolute most $$ amount you are willing to pay for an item, and then bid at about 5 seconds remaining. If your Max Bid is the highest, you win. If not, then someone else was willing to pay more than you were for the item. Also, 5 seconds is usually not enough time for anyone else to react to your bid (unless they have already entered a higher Max Bid). I've used this strategy for years on eBay. Sometimes I win; sometimes I lose, but I win more than I lose. Today I won 3 out of 4 auctions here on ShopLC using this last seconds method.
8 x

JA

Post by JA » 3 years ago

I tried bidding on the Tanzanites and one person kept outbidding faster than I thought possible and it was very aggravating :(
1 x

Koalakid

Post by Koalakid » 3 years ago

WOW ... I know of a certain group of bidders who constantly overbid. I find it a shame that these bidders enter max bids in excess of $1500 for items. It's too bad that they're so desperate to get the items - although I'm not sure it isn't ShopLC themselves planting these bidders. I've been watching and I don't think it is, but it certainly is discouraging. I have cut down considerably on my bidding and buying. I just wish they would have REMEMBERED to include the invoice in the many shipments I have already received.. I have received a lot without the paperwork and it has made things difficult for me to keep track of what's here and what isn't.
3 x

BTS

Post by BTS » 3 years ago

Hello all & Happy Thanksgiving. I agree that I don't understand consistent over bidding for certain items (but, if the buyers actually pay the higher price, better for LC); however, after reading the comments, I am an unapologetic last minute (snipe?) bidder. Come on, guys, it's not a bad thing for any type of auction. It's a strategy for attempting to get the best price for a wanted item. Unlike consistent over bidding, you either win or lose at the last minute. Isn't that the basis of an auction? Please let me know if you disagree.
3 x

BTS

Post by BTS » 3 years ago

The real question is: are the over-bidders actually buying their items. If so, better for LC's bottom line.
1 x