Moderator Preston - bidding names

CC

Moderator Preston - bidding names

Post by CC » 3 years ago

It is my suggestion that customers bidding names be approved by Shoplc. . Once that name is approved it must be locked in and not be able to be changed by a bidder at whim to make personal attacks or hurl insults at other bidders, then be able to immediately be changed back by that same bidder. If a bidder wants to change their bidder name, Shoplc should have to approve the bidder name change . I find it strange that the "trailer trash " bidder name (wbich was actually a much longer bidder name, i just shortened it) soon disappeared after this forum began discussing it and all of a suddern we then have a new bidder "Redacted" having high bids on handbags. Maybe just a coincidence, maybe not. Whether it is warranted or not, this is "bullying" and should not be tolerated. I agree, this over bidding is way out of control. Why wou!d anyone pay these outrageous bidding prices for "faux" leather bags? (my personal opinion only) If a bidder name is locked in and cannot be changed at whim by a bidder ,it would also make it easier for your company to look into the cases of over bidding.. Names such as the "trailer trash" bidder should NEVER be able to be used on ANY professional bidding site.
6 x

Harlequin

Re: Moderator Preston - bidding names

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

CC:...... Well said, I agree 100%. And more 🙂
5 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 3 years ago

These people have been reported so many times in the past year nothing is being done I agree with you too !😒🍀
7 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 3 years ago

These people have been reported so many times in the past year nothing is being done I agree with you too !😒🍀
4 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

CC wrote:
3 years ago
It is my suggestion that customers bidding names be approved by Shoplc. . Once that name is approved it must be locked in and not be able to be changed by a bidder at whim to make personal attacks or hurl insults at other bidders, then be able to immediately be changed back by that same bidder. If a bidder wants to change their bidder name, Shoplc should have to approve the bidder name change . I find it strange that the "trailer trash " bidder name (wbich was actually a much longer bidder name, i just shortened it) soon disappeared after this forum began discussing it and all of a suddern we then have a new bidder "Redacted" having high bids on handbags. Maybe just a coincidence, maybe not. Whether it is warranted or not, this is "bullying" and should not be tolerated. I agree, this over bidding is way out of control. Why wou!d anyone pay these outrageous bidding prices for "faux" leather bags? (my personal opinion only) If a bidder name is locked in and cannot be changed at whim by a bidder ,it would also make it easier for your company to look into the cases of over bidding.. Names such as the "trailer trash" bidder should NEVER be able to be used on ANY professional bidding site.
Hi CC. Yesterday, I took screenshots of several auction items with terrible bidder names. I then forward to CS and Mods. I received email that said the Trailer Trash account has been blocked. That's probably why it says "Redacted". There are other bids, so they didn't want to take that item off, they want people who already bid to be able to continue. I believe SLC is trying. Hope this explains a little.
6 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 3 years ago

CC wrote:
3 years ago
Good morning,

Thank you so much for the suggestion and feedback. I have passed this along to our online auctions team so they can consider implementing a system like that in the future. They have also been made aware of the bidding names so they can investigate those accounts. Thank you again, and I hope you have a wonderful day!
5 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

Hi Gemsnob: you need to start posting again, wondered where you were 🙂
4 x

CC

Post by CC » 3 years ago

Gemsnob thank you for clearing that up.
4 x

SuzyQ82

Post by SuzyQ82 » 3 years ago

This issue of overbidding across all areas (home, style to jewelry items) has continually been reported. I have seen the same names reported, over and over again Yet, they still remain in the system; ridiculously inflating bids!!!! What is now apparent is that there are more mean spirited and brazen people with long and threatening bidding names stating or intimating that they "love to make you overbid"! Simple question to you, Shop LC; Are these folks serious bidders???!!! ...... You, as a company, can tell in many ways that they are fraudulent. It would clearly be apparent to ShopLC which folks are on a mission of playing games and over bidding, as they would Never Pay the cost of their bids!!!!! Bidding accounts would be closed in a "New York Minute" if you continually lost money! These accounts bid wildly on the same items that are presently available on the website for purchase at a much lower price! Don't think Kim K is bidding from you! From what I have seen, you would have close to a 100% failure to pay rate as they run up astronomical winning bids day after day! I kindly suggest that you look into this, and stop making it the "job" of your customers to report and screen shot accounts of questionable bidders. That is your responsibility! If you do NOT do that, then perhaps there is a larger issue. I will not make accusations, but the issue is clear to you and your customers. There is a clear and ongoing pattern of bidders (often in specific gem auctions or higher dollar items.) The pattern has been recognized by many for a long time.. It is your jb to resolve. Thank you, for your attention to this matter.
6 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 3 years ago

Totally agreed with Suzy.It is definitely the Shoplc ‘s job to look into the matter of overbidding and solve it. It is NOT the customers ‘ job to do their job and be professional about it..Shoplc has so far demonstrated an outrageous lack of professionalism and a total disregard for their customers..
6 x