Rising Auctions

William

Rising Auctions

Post by William » 4 years ago

Hi All --- I LOVE ShopLC ---The prices are unbeatable and I Love all their hosts --- Great education and information -- I am VERY happy with my purchases -- it is not 100 percent perfect --- but no one is ! Having said all that -- The Rising Auctions are --- simply a rediculous waste of time and effort --- MANY People on the auctions have absolutely no care for value --- it seems that most of these people decide if they want something then they are willing to pay WHATEVER it takes without concern for the final price. I have tried a few things and have lost all. That is fine --but the price paid for 2 of the items was crazy --- close to retail in the regular marketplace--- GOOD FOR SHOPLC !!!!!!!!!!!! I Hope they are making some money off of these customers! and perhaps that will help the prices on the regular items they are selling to us all! I am finished with wasting my time with the rising auctions. I am Happy to be a customer of ShopLC !!!!!
5 x

Gypsy

Re: Rising Auctions

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

You have just stated what most all of us on this site have complained about. And I think we all believe our discussions and complaints are valid
However according to moderators no rules have been broken......🤔
So some of us have elected to sit on the sidelines of the auctions. But I agree the excitement and fun has turned to frustration.
4 x

HowRevelationary

Post by HowRevelationary » 4 years ago

Right now “L” is bidding $34 on a sun & moon amethyst pendant that is currently available for $9.99 in the online shop. Frustrating.
5 x

William

Hi All --- Thanks !!! I guess I am glad that I am not alone in my shared frustration of my attempts at rising auction! ---That IS the best word ---Frustration --- it is not exciting and definitely NOT fun --- especially when you see an item that you might like to own and there are MANY spread out over several hours --and it is IMPOSSIBLE to get one for yourself ! But ----as I said before ---Hopefully ShopLC will make some money from the people who decide to "win at ANY cost" and maybe that will help us all on the regular items ? I STILL love ShopLC and am VERY happy that I found it !!!!!their prices are really crazy -- I am done with the auctions ---if I really want something ---then I will buy it ---regular--- THANKS EVERYONE --- This Forum is Great !!!
4 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

RA...(Radical, Ridiculous, etc) Auctions. 😠
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

William wrote:
4 years ago
Hi All --- Thanks !!! I guess I am glad that I am not alone in my shared frustration of my attempts at rising auction! ---That IS the best word ---Frustration --- it is not exciting and definitely NOT fun --- especially when you see an item that you might like to own and there are MANY spread out over several hours --and it is IMPOSSIBLE to get one for yourself ! But ----as I said before ---Hopefully ShopLC will make some money from the people who decide to "win at ANY cost" and maybe that will help us all on the regular items ? I STILL love ShopLC and am VERY happy that I found it !!!!!their prices are really crazy -- I am done with the auctions ---if I really want something ---then I will buy it ---regular--- THANKS EVERYONE --- This Forum is Great !!!
Not only is overbidding as far as price goes, but overbidding ON EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THAT ITEM! GREEDY PEOPLE😡
9 x

HowRevelationary

Post by HowRevelationary » 4 years ago

This discussion has me waxing nostalgic on the good old days before LC auctions had a countdown clock or an auto-bid generator. In fact, there was no moving clock at all on the site- each auction had a static time stamp (down to the second) for when it ended. In order to figure out LC’s clock, I had to scroll forward to later-ending auctions with low bids to do a test bid while looking at my kitchen clock with a sweep second hand, take note on the clock when I pushed the button and then look at the bid history of my test bid to note LC’s time stamp. Then could I synchronize my clock with LC’s. Oh the things we do to get our bid in at the last possible second!! It worked, though. I got some screaming bargains back then. Overbidding was not nearly as rampant as it is now. So the auto-bid function is now both a blessing and a curse to bidders (and a boon to ShopLC). The countdown clock takes all the fun out of guessing when the auction really ends (just kidding).

Take heart, William! There are still bargains to be found; you just need to be patient. This is a bad time of year for bargain hunting- people are only too eager to overpay for holiday gifts. Good luck & take care!
1 x

William

THANK YOU How Revoultionary --- I REALLY appreciate your reply --- it sounds like in the "old Days" the auctions were fun !!?? Well --- I really still feel that if I want something I am just going to buy it --- I do not see the rising auctions as a viable method to obtain some pieces -- But ---THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 x

SueB

Post by SueB » 4 years ago

Oh exactly William! I won the only Yellow yellow sapphire ring I could get on auction for 3$ yes three bucks but I’ll have to spend $50 getting it sized which isn’t bad but.....
2 x