Escaped!!

anniebelle

Escaped!!

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

My dear friend that used to work here came and took me away for four hours today! I haven't been in public for over 4 mos.! WOW!! There really Is a world out there , cars and traffic, real people (all in masks!). We went to a real restaurant with food being served! Then we went to a store with real people, and things on display to look at, and touch! I bought a pair of slippers only because they were soft and fuzzy! Some badly needed underwear! Passed on the compression socks because I know I won't wear them anyway. A chambray over shirt, not a kimono or kaftan. Bought a good supply of kitten food for my baby. And it all came home with me in bags! Would have shopped longer if my feet, back, and bladder hadn't started hurting! :lol: :lol: :lol: And she said we would do it again sometime! Can't believe we didn't sneak a hug! So brainwashed with the fear of the virus! I'm not really sure the current status, but there has been an increase in cases since things have reopened.
11 x

Harlequin

Re: Escaped!!

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

A:.... I’m so happy for you 😊😺. I can still drive but, I prefer not to drive these roads in Tennessee, hilly and curvy. But I do have to drive some times. 🙂
8 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
My dear friend that used to work here came and took me away for four hours today! I haven't been in public for over 4 mos.! WOW!! There really Is a world out there , cars and traffic, real people (all in masks!). We went to a real restaurant with food being served! Then we went to a store with real people, and things on display to look at, and touch! I bought a pair of slippers only because they were soft and fuzzy! Some badly needed underwear! Passed on the compression socks because I know I won't wear them anyway. A chambray over shirt, not a kimono or kaftan. Bought a good supply of kitten food for my baby. And it all came home with me in bags! Would have shopped longer if my feet, back, and bladder hadn't started hurting! :lol: :lol: :lol: And she said we would do it again sometime! Can't believe we didn't sneak a hug! So brainwashed with the fear of the virus! I'm not really sure the current status, but there has been an increase in cases since things have reopened.
OMG, it's been so long I have forgotten how to count! :lol: it has been EIGHT months! What was I thinking? :lol: :lol: :lol:
8 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

@anniebelle That was very nice of your friend. I am happy you got to go out and have a fun day, we all need that, staying in to long is not good for people .In my state mask are not mandatory and many do not wear them, our police do not wear them. I wear mine if I am in a store because I am high risk. I have been doing what I do normally when it is flu season. I make it a point to get out everyday, If I do not have errand's to run I still go out and take my dog Alex for her daily ride. In the winter months I hibernate because I hate the snow and cold but I still take Alex out for her rides but I stock up on food so that I do not need to drive to the stores as much in the bad weather. I bet getting out today made things feel more normal for you, I bet it felt great. I am in NH in case you were wondering.
7 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

@anniebelle

Oh Happy Day!! I can so relate. I have a dear friend who gets me out for essential trips such as the grocery store, Post Office. doctor appointments, etc. And my sister picks me up most weekends to go visit at her house. But there were some weeks when plans change, or opportunities fall through, and at times it has been 10 days without getting out. Even that amount of time is enough to just about make my hair fall out and my hands shake. I cannot imagine 8 months of cabin fever!!

After my long rounds of chemotherapy a lot of the nerves in my feet died or went dormant-- so I quit driving since I was either was going 90mph or braking so hard I almost put myself through the windshield. Short story long... prayer (and homeopathic methods) really do work and I have regained some of the feeling in my feet. I took a most of my stimulus check, and saved and squeezed my budget, and was able to buy a car. (a 20 year old Honda but in good shape). Then because of the Pandemic the change of title, registration, etc. was a LONG, and I mean months long, arduous process. Two days ago there was success. Now I can finally drive again!!!!! Freedom!!!!! Oh Sweet Freedom!!

I am thrilled that you were able to get out and about, if just for a bit. You are a better woman than I. I would have been stark raving mad after even a few months of being cooped up. Here's to hoping you get an opportunity to escape again soon. And God Bless your thoughtful friend.
7 x

Harlequin

J. Q. .... I had a great car, old but in great condition loved it. Then we move to the country and, kerplunk went the car. So I bought a truck, UCKY. Needed for the country 🥴. Hard to get into, oh well. Have a great day 😊
4 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

@JewelryQueen I feel your pain, I got neuropathy (nerve damage) from when my ex poisoned me and have had it for ten years now so it kept me from driving very far, I have it in my feet and legs but I found two things that helped me is wearing the copper socks from shop lc, I even wear them to bed every night and wearing my shungite bead necklace every day, I wear that to bed too. I know some do not believe in it but my feet and legs have major improved . It stinks to not be able to drive much, it makes you feel isolated. Glad you are able to get out more.
4 x

Harlequin

Gemlover:... you’re X tried to poison YOU??? 🤭🙀. And you still have him and his wife over??? WOW BRAVE WOMAN!! I don’t think I could trust again. Have a great day 🙂. P. S. Company leaving on Monday, having a great time, now I will board, and depressed AGAIN. NO ONE TO TALK TO WILL DO THAT 🥺. I’m thankful for you ladies and gentlemen 😊
3 x

honey

Post by honey » 3 years ago

Harlequin wrote:
3 years ago
Gemlover:... you’re X tried to poison YOU??? 🤭🙀. And you still have him and his wife over??? WOW BRAVE WOMAN!! I don’t think I could trust again. Have a great day 🙂. P. S. Company leaving on Monday, having a great time, now I will board, and depressed AGAIN. NO ONE TO TALK TO WILL DO THAT 🥺. I’m thankful for you ladies and gentlemen 😊
Harlequin, some may have more than one ex, not that there is
anything wrong w/that. I think GL mentioned that the ex that
visits is the father of her daughter. (for sure, not the evil ex).

I hope that your company has been great and myabe return soon,
or it might be your turn to visit them. :D
5 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 3 years ago

anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
💃💃💃💃 Happy Dance !!! - Gypsy
7 x