Escaped!!

RoxiJade

Re: Escaped!!

Post by RoxiJade » 3 years ago

anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
My dear friend that used to work here came and took me away for four hours today! I haven't been in public for over 4 mos.! WOW!! There really Is a world out there , cars and traffic, real people (all in masks!). We went to a real restaurant with food being served! Then we went to a store with real people, and things on display to look at, and touch! I bought a pair of slippers only because they were soft and fuzzy! Some badly needed underwear! Passed on the compression socks because I know I won't wear them anyway. A chambray over shirt, not a kimono or kaftan. Bought a good supply of kitten food for my baby. And it all came home with me in bags! Would have shopped longer if my feet, back, and bladder hadn't started hurting! :lol: :lol: :lol: And she said we would do it again sometime! Can't believe we didn't sneak a hug! So brainwashed with the fear of the virus! I'm not really sure the current status, but there has been an increase in cases since things have reopened.
I'm so happy for you! I am healthy, but my husband is very high risk, so I have been home since early March. Very few outings, so I understand and am very happy for you!!!
5 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

Honey:... Never thought of that🥴. I have 3 ex’s. My last husband passed away. Thanks 😊
2 x

honey

Post by honey » 3 years ago

Harlequin wrote:
3 years ago
Honey:... Never thought of that🥴. I have 3 ex’s. My last husband passed away. Thanks 😊
Harlequin, I'd bet that we all could write books!!!!!
...... and sorry for your loss.
3 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

There are no words to describe how excited I was to get out of here on Friday. JUST in TIME!!!. Our community is back in lockdown as of this afternoon. The whole works, no activities, dining in our apartments. We have a resident that went to hospital yesterday, tested positive with Covid. We have a second who went to hospital this afternoon, are waiting to get news on him. They tested employees again this afternoon. I am so tired of this, not that I am able to get out anyway for a while. Just knowing we are locked down, can't even go to the dining room! Thank goodness for my little Milo!
5 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

@anniebelle

What an incredible stroke of good luck on the timing of your "escape"!!

I know the "lockdown" must be stressful for you but it is also a good thing this is being dealt with at an early stage and with strict protocol. I don't know about your state, but in my state as of a week ago 55% or 1,203 deaths have been in nursing homes, assisted living facilities and adult family homes. This number includes staff, residents, and visitors. And the figures vary WILDLY from 2 residents to 35 residents depending on the swiftness and thoroughness of the actions taken. So take heart in the idea that your safety is paramount where you are living. And you are lucky indeed to have your Milo baby for companionship and company. Stay safe. Stay strong. Prayers and loving thoughts headed your way.
6 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

Thank you for your support. It's been a rough ride! I'm fortunate to be here instead of on my own during this horrible pandemic. There have been guidelines in place from the beginning, but people got so impatient and just did what they wanted. So now we are all paying the price. It's not the first case, been quarantined before. Those cases were brought in by employees. The person in this case is what is called independent, as am I. So who knows how he contracted the virus. I know him, wasn't aware he was going out and about.
6 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

I am glad they are taking measures like this. Please take care as this virus is no joke and you do NOT want it.
Glad you got to kick up your masked and socially distanced heels for a day before having to stay in again.
6 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 3 years ago

RS wrote:
3 years ago
I am glad they are taking measures like this. Please take care as this virus is no joke and you do NOT want it.
Glad you got to kick up your masked and socially distanced heels for a day before having to stay in again.
You are right, RS. We have to still taking care of ourselves to avoid having this virus. I don't want to lose another family member.
Last edited by Margui 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Margui wrote:
3 years ago
RS wrote:
3 years ago
You are right, RS. We have to still taking of ourselves to avoid having this virus. I don't want to lose another family member.
Margui...I am deeply sorry for your loss. 🥺❤️🥺
This virus is a monster with no care for who it takes and devastates along the way.
4 x

RoxiJade

Post by RoxiJade » 3 years ago

Harlequin wrote:
3 years ago
Very sorry for your loss.
1 x