Quarantined!

anniebelle

Quarantined!

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

My, oh my, am I bored! I certainly won't be watching yet another Tanzanite smackdown! My favorite movie channels are shot; one has cheerleader movies, the other Christmas movies (it's still October for goodness sake!) someone complained yesterday about being hot, so they turned on the air conditioning! It's 10 am, 45 degrees outside. I'm going to have to put on more clothes, I'm freezing!

Milo is entertaining this morning! 🐱 Brought me a mousie (paper wrapper from a straw). Now he is chasing his tail until he goes into a tumble! Then, he'll circle round In the other direction. :lol: we haven't played fetch for a couple days, guess I'll have to go find his toys for him, he's not bringing anything except the scrap of paper! :lol: He had a visitor this morning when they brought breakfast. He ran and hid! He's now afraid of people since the vet scared him so! Poor baby! 🐱

I'm expecting a package today, a Polki Diamond eternity band to fit my thumb. I haven't gotten my mail for a few days. We are limited to walking outside and going to the mailbox once a day! Be sure to wear a mask, wash your hands before and after, practice social distancing, do not sit down to chat. (Do not pass go! Do not collect $200!). :lol: :lol: :lol:

They've taken my temperature and oxygen for the first round of twice per day. Taken my dinner and breakfast orders. I'm done til dinner time. I could do some laundry. I could pay some bills, stamp and mail my absentee ballot. Read the book I started for the Book Club. Organize my closet. Organize my jewelry. Help Milo find his mousies and put them in the Toy Basket. Go out on the balcony and scream!!!.

And that's the end of the first week, 7 more days to go. Unless someone else gets sick! Then it will start all over again!
9 x

Gem Lover

Re: Quarantined!

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

@anniebelle I must have missed something, why are you in quarantine? Who were you in contact with that was sick? I hope you are doing ok. Your kitty sounds like so much fun, what would we do without our pets to keep us company, I live alone and I would go nots without my pets.
6 x

anniebelle

@Gem Lover , yes I spoke of it halfway through my Escaped! post that I had gotten out of here just in time! One of the residents here tested positive for Covid on Sunday. They immediately put us in lockdown once again. Then we found out yesterday that an employee also tested positive in the same time period. We are in quarantine until October 31, unless, of course, there are further developments.

I just received a phone call that the resident is being moved from isolation at the hospital to another facility for Hospice. The details are sketchy, but he has many other health issues (kidney dialysis, COPD, and who knows what else). He is a friend and it's hard to hear this development!
7 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

@anniebelle
Are you in a retirement villa?
I’m so sorry you’re quarantined, I remember you had one day out and about before being locked down.
My son, who is disabled, lives in a group home about a mile from “home-home”. The whole company of homes (9 of them) got locked down two days ago because two staff members were having symptoms.
The entire staff of the homes, office staff and all residents had to get tested. My son was tested yesterday. Waiting on results.
I hope yours is lifted soon.
And I agree...Saturday Smackdown days are boringgggggg. I won’t watch.
7 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
@Gem Lover , yes I spoke of it halfway through my Escaped! post that I had gotten out of here just in time! One of the residents here tested positive for Covid on Sunday. They immediately put us in lockdown once again. Then we found out yesterday that an employee also tested positive in the same time period. We are in quarantine until October 31, unless, of course, there are further developments.

I just received a phone call that the resident is being moved from isolation at the hospital to another facility for Hospice. The details are sketchy, but he has many other health issues (kidney dialysis, COPD, and who knows what else). He is a friend and it's hard to hear this development!
I’m so sorry. I hope your friend has a full and speedy recovery.
8 x

anniebelle

RS wrote:
3 years ago
@anniebelle
I’m so sorry you’re quarantined, I remember you had one day out and about before being locked down.
My son, who is disabled, lives in a group home about a mile from “home-home”. The whole company of homes (9 of them) got locked down two days ago because two staff members were having symptoms.
The entire staff of the homes, office staff and all residents had to get tested. My son was tested yesterday. Waiting on results.
Where I am is a large apartment building of about 120 units with a dining room, pub, theater, hair salon, exercise equipment, library, and various activity rooms. They have independent living, assisted living, and memory care areas. I have a small two bedroom, two bath independent apartment with a small kitchen that's never used except the fridge and feeding Milo! :lol:
8 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
RS wrote:
3 years ago
@anniebelle
Where I am is a large apartment building of about 120 units with a dining room, pub, theater, hair salon, exercise equipment, library, and various activity rooms. They have independent living, assisted living, and memory care areas. I have a small two bedroom, two bath independent apartment with a small kitchen that's never used except the fridge and feeding Milo! :lol:
Sounds nice❣️❣️
8 x

Druid

Post by Druid » 3 years ago

@anniebiele
Stay healthy and patient.I hope your friend will be well soon.Milo seems to be a good companion to brighten your quarantine a bit.These are difficult times for many people and we all need to support and help each other the best we can.
Prayers, sending positive energy &thoughts, a phone call,a short visit , a hand weave, a smile...are knitting a support network where we can lean on.Best wishes for you and your dear ones.
10 x

anniebelle

My friend with Covid passed this afternoon.. Sometimes this is a very solemn place to live.
5 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
My friend with Covid passed this afternoon.. Sometimes this is a very solemn place to live.
Omg anniebelle...
Words cannot express how very sorry I am. Such a tragedy. I hope you stay well. 🥺
6 x