Quarantined!

JewelryQueen

Re: Quarantined!

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

@anniebelle

Oh my! That must be devastating for you!! Words are insufficient to express my sorrow. As you may know since I shared her journey here, my friend and neighbor Pat died from this virus that appears determined to not to pass anyone untouched. Be it friend, family, or us directly it's icy finger is felt by us all. I feel your pain. As we speak a long time friend is dealing with her disabled son having a positive test for Covid19. They live three blocks from each other and normally see each other every day. She is 68 and has a seizure disorder, but even worse right now is that she suffers from COPD and asthma. I am beyond desperate to hear that she is OK. She is currently under quarantine. I only share this with you now so you can know that I truly feel your pain in this moment. God will shower your friend's soul with love. I hope that you may find some comfort in that. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow. But for you-- I hope at least a bit of comfort comes soon.

STAY SAFE!! Milo needs his mom.
7 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

@anniebelle I am so sorry to hear your friend has passed. I will be keeping you in my prayers.
7 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

@RS You most be so worried about your son. I will pray that he will test negative.
5 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

@JewelryQueen , I do remember when you lost your friend. And I know too well the waiting game when you've been tested. I'm going to management tomorrow to see when they plan to have residents retested, in view of the events over the past week. My concern is how long did these two people have the virus before they became sick enough to seek help. How many of us have been exposed?

There's also talk of whether Covid was the true cause of death considering how many underlying conditions were present. I'm not sure that it matters, and whether they routinely perform an autopsy. Something about the hospital receiving funds for Covid cases???
6 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

A:.... I am so sorry to hear about your friend. Stay safe and wear your mask.
6 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

@anniebelle

Since the average time between contracting Covid 19 and death is 13-14 days I can certainly understand your concern in that area. Of course that can be greatly affected by how severe any underlying conditions were, and at what point in the disease medical intervention was obtained.
Even if a person had more than one underlying condition, but was not gravely ill prior to contracting Covid, if they then die Covid is considered the cause of death. Basically the straw that broke the camel's back. Hospitals receive extra funds for treating patients with Covid whether they die or survive so that should not be a factor in determining cause of death.

As to re-testing, the vast majority of people who have been exposed to and contract the virus begin having symptoms within 3-5 days. However according to MIT a VERY FEW can undergo up to 14 days of incubation before this occurs. If your facility re-tests it will probably be another week out.

I am praying mightily for your continued good health. Please be hyper vigilant.
7 x

anniebelle

@JewelryQueen , thank you for the information on Covid. I found out Friday that all employees are tested every two weeks, with results as of Thursday being negative. It has, however, been since late October since Independent residents were tested, all results negative. So in view of the two current cases, we definitely need to be tested again. Reins had been loosened and some people going out and about frequently. I even had my big "escape ". No one can figure out how our friend contracted the virus in the first place. He had gone to the BMV to sell his car about two weeks before he got sick. Visiting here has been limited to scheduled outdoor visits.

JQ, you are such a wealth of knowledge, I feel fortunate to know you. What is your education and experience to have reached this level of expertise? You seem to have an answer to everything!!!
5 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
3 years ago
@RS You most be so worried about your son. I will pray that he will test negative.
I am worried even though he feels fine.
Last edited by RS 3 years ago, edited 4 times in total.
4 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 3 years ago

Anniebelle: You have my deepest sympathy. I pray that God & His angels wrap their arms around you, your family and your friend. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
4 x

anniebelle

RS wrote:
3 years ago
Gem Lover wrote:
3 years ago
I am worried even though he feels fine.
@RS, I came back to comment on your post about your son and it's gone! Hope everything is okay and that your son stays safe.
5 x