Box full of broken glass!

D-Flawless

Box full of broken glass!

Post by D-Flawless » 3 years ago

This is the best one yet! I ordered the glass nesting bowls and they were shipped in a rather large box with several other items I ordered....via UPS. The box arrived with the bowls a shattered and dangerous!! mess! I called Customer Service about it and a laundry list of other issues like missing stones, receiving someone else’s package, missing package etc., etc. I was told I have to SEND BACK THE BROKEN GLASS! Are you SERIOUS?!? What has happened to common sense at ShopLC? I’ve been an avid customer since the day they went on the air in April 2007 and have spent enough to buy a Malibu Mansion with a fleet of Ferraris and they don’t believe me when I say I received shattered glass bowls?!? They were less than $10....probably the cheapest thing I’ve ever purchased from the catalog side EVER! I certainly wouldn’t lie about broken glass and how safe do you think it is to RETURN A BAG OF BROKEN GLASS?!?! Anyone from myself to the mail carrier to the warehouse workers could get seriously injured from this! When I explained this to the Customer Service rep and told her I refused to return broken glass I was told I WOULD NOT receive a refund! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! She also told me a ring I had won on the RA was not available. By this time I was in such disbelief and so angry I never got to the rest of my list of issues! I had to hang up! What happened to simple common sense and excellent customer service?!? Is a box of broken glass considered “Delivering Joy”? I’ll go to Ross and buy some glass bowls! I should have known they’d arrrive shattered... My mistake!
10 x

Kittycat

Re: Box full of broken glass!

Post by Kittycat » 3 years ago

I received a broken jewelry box once. The box was badly damaged. They Did Not make me return it they told me I can just throw it away and I did get a credit, that was a couple years ago when I first started shopping with them. Also I ordered masks and the smell was terrible even after washing twice. They said I did not have to return them either. I did get a refund.The jewelry box was about $20 and the masks $10-15. They must be getting strict with returns. I haven't had any return issues. Haven't returned anything lately though. I would ask to speak to a manager or maybe a moderator would help they are very helpful. Once, months after I used an item, a purse, the paint came off and the moderator told me I can still return it.
10 x

Flag Day Lady

Post by Flag Day Lady » 3 years ago

:I soooooo feel your anger! That is one of many questions I have for this so called Company. What kind of business background do they have at SLC. It's not based on good old common sense,or AMERICAN made Values. So D Flawless, other than this Company takin a crap on your day....Hope you stay healthy and safe. Ps. GIVE EM HOCKEY STICKS
8 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

Don't forget folks! It is a company based in India. Different values, different practices.
2 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
Don't forget folks! It is a company based in India. Different values, different practices.
They may have different values but they are choosing to do business in the US. It's called "assimilation" and they know nothing about it. Until people stop giving them their hard earned money, nothing will change. The big wigs have zero respect for Americans and even less for women, if that's possible. My time and money are valuable and NOTHING they sell is worth the headache. I cannot in good conscience continue to give them my money when they care nothing about "Delivering Joy" . I'd rather spend more somewhere else and know if something isn't right, they WANT to fix it. Shoplc=shop low class. 🤮
7 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 3 years ago

I once ordered a Belleek vase from QVC and it arrived shattered. The CSR asked me how broken it was (?) so I rattled the box into the phone for her listening pleasure and she promptly issued a refund and advised me to please be careful disposing of it.
6 x

shopLC_alex

Post by shopLC_alex » 3 years ago

D-Flawless wrote:
3 years ago
This is the best one yet! I ordered the glass nesting bowls and they were shipped in a rather large box with several other items I ordered....via UPS. The box arrived with the bowls a shattered and dangerous!! mess! I called Customer Service about it and a laundry list of other issues like missing stones, receiving someone else’s package, missing package etc., etc. I was told I have to SEND BACK THE BROKEN GLASS! Are you SERIOUS?!? What has happened to common sense at ShopLC? I’ve been an avid customer since the day they went on the air in April 2007 and have spent enough to buy a Malibu Mansion with a fleet of Ferraris and they don’t believe me when I say I received shattered glass bowls?!? They were less than $10....probably the cheapest thing I’ve ever purchased from the catalog side EVER! I certainly wouldn’t lie about broken glass and how safe do you think it is to RETURN A BAG OF BROKEN GLASS?!?! Anyone from myself to the mail carrier to the warehouse workers could get seriously injured from this! When I explained this to the Customer Service rep and told her I refused to return broken glass I was told I WOULD NOT receive a refund! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! She also told me a ring I had won on the RA was not available. By this time I was in such disbelief and so angry I never got to the rest of my list of issues! I had to hang up! What happened to simple common sense and excellent customer service?!? Is a box of broken glass considered “Delivering Joy”? I’ll go to Ross and buy some glass bowls! I should have known they’d arrrive shattered... My mistake!
Good morning,

We're sorry to hear that you've had such a displeasing experience with our product and services. I was able to pull up your account and order information. Looks like this was a new agent you spoke with and again we deeply apologize for this mishap. We understand that items can sometimes break in transit and our policy does not require customers to send back broken glass...ever. I've gone ahead and refunded the total to your method of payment, you should see the refund appear within 2-3 business days depending on your financial institution. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to assist you further.
5 x

D-Flawless

Post by D-Flawless » 3 years ago

shopLC_alex wrote:
3 years ago
D-Flawless wrote:
3 years ago
Good morning,

We're sorry to hear that you've had such a displeasing experience with our product and services. I was able to pull up your account and order information. Looks like this was a new agent you spoke with and again we deeply apologize for this mishap. We understand that items can sometimes break in transit and our policy does not require customers to send back broken glass...ever. I've gone ahead and refunded the total to your method of payment, you should see the refund appear within 2-3 business days depending on your financial institution. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to assist you further.
Thank you Alex! I really appreciate your help! I got the feeling she really didn’t understand much of anything that I was saying! She definitely needs additional training....
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

The people who have been here for more than a minute may remember when Catticus ordered a glass lamp with a beautiful peac0ck on it for her ill mother to use as a night light. Actually she ordered three I believe. Might have been two. In any case, she never got one that arrived in one piece. She cut herself badly on the broken glass too. Be very wary of ordering anything glass from here as I think it is mostly a packing issue.
4 x