Moissinite

Vicky
Answers: 1

Re: Moissinite

Post by Vicky » 3 years ago

Just like Diamonds, there are different quality lab grown Moissanite.
To me they look fake because many colors come out of them making them look like fake stones.
Be careful - some diamond testers, test them as diamonds. So if you buy diamonds, use a reputable dealer and have the diamond appraised.
Cubic zirconia look alot more like diamonds, especially in the up to 3 ct solitaire size. After that, people figure its fake, since few people can afford it.
Before I had to sell it, my son bought me a 3ct D VVS2 emerald shape GIA graded stone. It looked like a mirror.
When I wore it, the comments were, now only if it was real.
I sold it to a dealer and paid off debt. My son understood, and buys me more practical gifts.

I bought both diamonds and CZ for my family. Most of shoplc Diamonds are close to commercial quality. But its very affordable. I did buy 2 Rhapsody diamond pendants, when it was buy one, get one free. The diamonds are gorgeous.
But then I needed to buy the platinum chains for it. That added on alot.
I think I will stick to the near commercial diamonds that are set, so the inclusions are barely visible.
6 x

silleemee

Post by silleemee » 3 years ago

I bought the inside-out hoops in rose vermeil! A while back I bought a pair of CZ hoops, from the LC, set in rosetone and they look identical in style to the Moissanite hoops, they even have the click-back closure. I love that style of the hoops with the click-back locking mechanism. They are very secure. I can't wait to get my new Moissanite hoops!
6 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Well...I dipped my toe in the moissanite pool.

I ordered the blue asscher cut with the trillion side stones and two of the half eternity bands to wear with.

I have been looking for a nice alternative for my good diamond/platinum bands I wear as guards. A few months ago I was out and about and one came off and got stuck between my driver’s seat and the center console of my car.

I had the car towed to my car guy and he had to remove the seat. I didn’t want to start it up and drive it there because the seat moves forward when I turn on the car. I was afraid the ring would be damaged.

So for those days when I’m just “boppin’ around” hopefully these bands will be a good alternative. Also hopefully they will work with the blue stone ring.
5 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

I only bought two small rings, considering one other. I was not in the market for an "engagement ring" style. I have one of those. But I was busy shopping nonetheless! Flipping through to see what is on the other channels, I only get three others. Checking for Nikki, is she on other than Friday night?

Anyway, I finally bought a new laptop to replace this tablet!!! HSN had their "best deal of the year"! Sounded better than I'd seen at Best Buy last time I checked. I'm quite excited to get it. I can return it anytime before January 31, five months stretch pay. My Christmas present to myself!
5 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

The next time I saw that Nikki was on is Tuesday, Nov. 3. 12 am EST (coin show ...boring) and 6pm EST for Pajar Canada footwear. No idea what that is.

Good you got a laptop! I always use my iPad when I am shopping or goofing off. My laptop is used for business only.
2 x

anniebelle

RS wrote:
3 years ago
The next time I saw that Nikki was on is Tuesday, Nov. 3. 12 am EST (coin show ...boring) and 6pm EST for Pajar Canada footwear. No idea what that is.

Good you got a laptop! I always use my iPad when I am shopping or goofing off. My laptop is used for business only.
Well this iPad is old, I think I've worn it out. I have a desktop in storage, considered a dinosaur by now. I was looking at a 2 in 1, more expensive. I'm in the market for a smartphone as well. Can't do it all right now.! :lol:
3 x

anniebelle

@RS , where did you find Nikki's schedule?
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
The other day when she was on they flashed a picture of her on the screen and her next three show times. I took a picture with my phone LOL!

Her FB page may have it too.
3 x

anniebelle

RS wrote:
3 years ago
anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
The other day when she was on they flashed a picture of her on the screen and her next three show times. I took a picture with my phone LOL!

Her FB page may have it too.
Wasn't on her FB page.

Just took a look at the HSN website. Shows my laptop as the deal of the day!
3 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

@Vicky As far as people thinking diamonds over 3cts. are fake I think it depends on who is wearing them, if it is a person in a high income bracket I do not think it is questioned. Two of my daughters have 3 cts. my sister has a 5ct. and my brothers wife has a 12 ct. If you see a movie star with a large rock most will think it is real. Then there is also the person that might be of an average income bracket but might have inherited their ring so you never know.
3 x