Moissinite

anniebelle

Re: Moissinite

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
3 years ago
@Vicky As far as people thinking diamonds over 3cts. are fake I think it depends on who is wearing them, if it is a person in a high income bracket I do not think it is questioned. Two of my daughters have 3 cts. my sister has a 5ct. and my brothers wife has a 12 ct. If you see a movie star with a large rock most will think it is real. Then there is also the person that might be of an average income bracket but might have inherited their ring so you never know.
I had a friend here where I live who wore a ring with three of the biggest stones I've ever seen. Can't even guess their size! Said it took her 50 years to get it! :lol: come to think of the sparkle, wonder if it was Moissinite? :lol:
5 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
3 years ago
@Vicky As far as people thinking diamonds over 3cts. are fake I think it depends on who is wearing them, if it is a person in a high income bracket I do not think it is questioned. Two of my daughters have 3 cts. my sister has a 5ct. and my brothers wife has a 12 ct. If you see a movie star with a large rock most will think it is real. Then there is also the person that might be of an average income bracket but might have inherited their ring so you never know.
Last edited by RS 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

Sea_Hag

Post by Sea_Hag » 3 years ago

@RS Yes, all moissanite is lab created
3 x

Sea_Hag

Post by Sea_Hag » 3 years ago

I have a couple of moissanite rings (not bought here, ssshhhh, lol), on the less expensive side, small size/carat weight. They're nice enough and I'm glad I have some to add to my collection of different gemstones. However, their price point is on par with real diamonds and, for bigger carat weight and size, I'd rather make the investment in a genuine diamond.
7 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

:ugeek:
Last edited by Gemsnob 3 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
2 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 3 years ago

silleemee wrote:
3 years ago
Charles Winston on JTV is not the original creator of Moissanite. He has his own line 'Moissanite Fire'. I don't know if that is graded or not. The original creator, as I mentioned earlier, is Charles & Colvard. They sell three grades of stones: Forever One Colorless (DEF), Forever One Near Colorless(GH) and Forever Brilliant(HI).
Charles Winston has stated on JTV that the Moissanite he sells now is higher quality than what he sold before.
5 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Well @Gemsnob now I’m freaked out. I deleted. Can you?
Not sure I understand but I still deleted.
3 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 3 years ago

Good morning everyone! I bought 2 rings from the moissanite show, they haven’t arrived yet. One was the large oval shape with smaller ones on each side. If it doesn’t sparkle, I’ll send it back. After reading 4 pages of comments, it will be hard to tell where it came from. Hope it's ok. I love petalite too, even though it’s not very sparkly, but that is what petalite is supposed to look like. Good luck everyone who bought moissanite. 🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀
4 x

Gemsnob

RS wrote:
3 years ago
Done. Didn't mean to freak you out.....you just never know.
4 x

Gemsnob

RS wrote:
3 years ago
It wouldn't let me delete because I had a comment. Had to edit instead.
4 x