Please do something about bidder Liza

Cameo

Please do something about bidder Liza

Post by Cameo » 3 years ago

This user has been over bidding in the Swarovski crystal auction for hours now and is running up every bid. Why are you allowing this to continue??? No one can get a bid in over this user. What is it going to take to control these hackers?
5 x

JewelryQueen

Re: Please do something about bidder Liza

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

Cameo is totally right. Your proof lies below. Liza has these bonkers bids.

$44 3552483
$34 3576946
$49 3607199
$44 3625460
$49 3625498
$49 3619714
$24 3556872
$39 3625453
$49 3526054
$22 3669929
$24 3546302
$34 3557996
$49 3594353
$49 3625435
$45 3645206
$39 3563088
$49 3625468
$31 3668910
$44 3589048

About $765 for less than $225 of product. There were Many Many more. Please "shut'er down"
6 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

I agree with JQ. SHUTER DOWN. PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO BUY FOR CHRISTMAS, if the over bidding can’t be controlled. I’m for one am sick of it. Finally can bid, and actually get my item if I win.
3 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 3 years ago

Cameo wrote:
3 years ago
This user has been over bidding in the Swarovski crystal auction for hours now and is running up every bid. Why are you allowing this to continue??? No one can get a bid in over this user. What is it going to take to control these hackers?
Good morning,

Thank you so much for making us aware of this user. This user has been investigated and action has been taken.
5 x

Harlequin

Moderator Preston:... why can’t this be stopped?? 😫
3 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

@Moderator_Preston I am curious as I am sure others are, when you say action is taken against these bidders, what type of action? Is their account removed? If so they are clearly coming right back.
3 x

Moderator_Preston

Gem Lover wrote:
3 years ago
@Moderator_Preston I am curious as I am sure others are, when you say action is taken against these bidders, what type of action? Is their account removed? If so they are clearly coming right back.
Good morning,

Actions can taken can be suspension (either temporary or permanent) of the account and/or warnings being issued depending on the severity and/or amount of occurrences of the overbidding behavior. I have also proposed some suggestions to our online auction team to prevent overbidding as well but no updates are currently planned as of now.
4 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

@Moderator_Preston I think the only way to stop these over bidders is to make a rule like other sites have where you are only allowed a certain amount of unpaid items won and then you are blocked or you have to pay for the items. If people knew they had to pay for items won they would not do this. Lets say your allowed 3 unpaid items per week and after that any other items won have to be paid, they would think twice about using the site for their entertainment and harassing others, hit them where it hurts, their pocketbook.
3 x

Harlequin

YES GEMLOVER, Good idea.
1 x

Moderator_Preston

Gem Lover wrote:
3 years ago
@Moderator_Preston I think the only way to stop these over bidders is to make a rule like other sites have where you are only allowed a certain amount of unpaid items won and then you are blocked or you have to pay for the items. If people knew they had to pay for items won they would not do this. Lets say your allowed 3 unpaid items per week and after that any other items won have to be paid, they would think twice about using the site for their entertainment and harassing others, hit them where it hurts, their pocketbook.
Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for this suggestion. I have forwarded this to our online auctions team so they can consider this for a future update.
1 x