I am so done!

Gem Lover

I am so done!

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I ordered an item today and went in early before getting to the final price, the host always say don't worry you will not be charged until we get to the final price but guess what? They charged me the price I went in at which was the start price and over drew my account, than when I called them the girl I spoke with told me they always do that, I told her no they do not and that the host always say you do not get charged until the final price. I also did budget pay and I found out that it was not on budget pay either. I canceled the order and she told me after they screwed up that I have to wait 5 to 7 business days for my refund. She also had the nerve to give me attitude about it, I gave her back an earful at this point. Not all of us have unlimited resources and now my bank is going to charge me an over draft fee on top of it all. I am steaming mad at this point!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
4 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Re: I am so done!

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
I ordered an item today and went in early before getting to the final price, the host always say don't worry you will not be charged until we get to the final price but guess what? They charged me the price I went in at which was the start price and over drew my account, than when I called them the girl I spoke with told me they always do that, I told her no they do not and that the host always say you do not get charged until the final price. I also did budget pay and I found out that it was not on budget pay either. I canceled the order and she told me after they screwed up that I have to wait 5 to 7 business days for my refund. She also had the nerve to give me attitude about it, I gave her back an earful at this point. Not all of us have unlimited resources and now my bank is going to charge me an over draft fee on top of it all. I am steaming mad at this point!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
We do apologize for any miscommunication regarding getting the lowest price on your orders.

When an order is placed, it will initially show a pending transaction for the current price shown. If the price continues to drop down lower, once our system goes back to collect payment on the order, it will adjust the order down to the lowest price aired and only collect that amount. Any amount over that is released by your bank back into your available funds.

I have reviewed your order for the deep tissue massager and see that the order had already autocorrected down to the lowest price and that we had not yet collected payment on the order. A pending transaction hold only was created by your banking institution for this order. As we had not yet collected payment at the time the order was canceled, the pending transaction hold will be released within 1-2 business days depending on your banking institution.
0 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Moderator_Stephanie wrote:
4 years ago
Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
We do apologize for any miscommunication regarding getting the lowest price on your orders.

When an order is placed, it will initially show a pending transaction for the current price shown. If the price continues to drop down lower, once our system goes back to collect payment on the order, it will adjust the order down to the lowest price aired and only collect that amount. Any amount over that is released by your bank back into your available funds.

I have reviewed your order for the deep tissue massager and see that the order had already autocorrected down to the lowest price and that we had not yet collected payment on the order. A pending transaction hold only was created by your banking institution for this order. As we had not yet collected payment at the time the order was canceled, the pending transaction hold will be released within 1-2 business days depending on your banking institution.
This is a great example of why payment should not be taken until order ships...no confusion, cancellations, etc.
6 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Moderator_Stephanie wrote:
4 years ago
Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago

This is a great example of why payment should not be taken until order ships...no confusion, cancellations, etc.
Couldn't agree more !!
5 x

SueB

Post by SueB » 4 years ago

Yep they did it to me before too!!! And I won’t order before final price!!! Had to go borrow $$$ waiting for refund to come in
Last edited by SueB 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x

geminigirl

Post by geminigirl » 4 years ago

I'm not sure about your bank but my bank will refund the overdraft fee if this happens and the retailer ends up refunding a transaction. At least it did when it happened to me once. Worth a try.
1 x

TerryTalk

Post by TerryTalk » 4 years ago

Being new to ShopLC, but not to home shopping I was surprised at the method of the “reverse auction”— I thought no way am I jumping in until the price is at the lowest price point. I know you can miss out on a deal here and there, but it’s worth my peace of mind!
5 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Yes and you are guessing that the price will drop to what you want to pay. If it doesn't then you have to go.through the cancel order/refund process. So I'll wait
2 x

TerryTalk

Post by TerryTalk » 4 years ago

Frankly, I don’t understand why ShopLC doesn’t conduct their business like most do—like JTV, HSN, QVC, etc...When I first saw it I thought it was a rerun of Saturday Night Live 😂!You know cheap sets, yelling hosts hawking low-rent products, and some bad acting thrown in for laughs! Don’t forget the cheesy canned Muzak and applause for good measure! My friends and myself have been entertained in very small doses for a very short period of time! So I know this is a publicly traded company making a lot of money and I just hope they will truly treat their customers with dignity.
6 x

jojosmom

Post by jojosmom » 4 years ago

SLC should just tell you the final price and that way there would be no issues. Also, 90% of the time my size is sold out while I wait for the final price to be shown. The drama and the "stunned" look that the co-host gives when the other co-host lowers the price below what they are supposed to is a real eye roll.
10 x