Indigo Kyanite lookalike?

SeaBee

Indigo Kyanite lookalike?

Post by SeaBee » 3 years ago

Hi everyone,
I recently won an auction for an indigo kyanite pendant. It is the first piece I have ever owned of it and I am absolutely in love with the color, it is so very unique and flattering! Does anyone know of other gemstones that are similar to it? Hoping I can find some more things on auction to purchase, but if not I would atleast like to find a good look alike! :D
Thanks for your help.
6 x

Lulu

Re: Indigo Kyanite lookalike?

Post by Lulu » 3 years ago

Check out apatite. Some of the blue shades blend very well with the indigo kyanite.
6 x

scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo » 3 years ago

I have a London blue topaz line bracelet (8x6 ovals) that I wear with my kyanite ring. They look stunning together!! The topaz is a really dark shade of blue, so it was obviously treated for a lengthy period to get that lovely intense color, almost like quad-A tanzanite. (Both items purchased elsewhere.)
7 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

@SeaBee The Tennessee station sells Kyanite in different shades of blue including teal and Flourite also comes in different shades of blue and teal that could look like yours.

ite also
5 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 3 years ago

Also, teal fluorite will blend with the indigo kyanite.
4 x

silleemee

Post by silleemee » 3 years ago

Indigo kyanite looks like indicolite to me. Indicolite is expensive and somewhat hard to find. Check out JTV's teal chromium kyanite collection. It looks like indigo kyanite to me.
3 x