Jewelry

JJ

Jewelry

Post by JJ » 4 years ago

I just received a sleeping beauty ring I purchased from their on line catalogue. The tag say "Made in China?" What the neck is up with that? I don't know if this is real sleeping beauty. Has anyone else had this happen? Should I return the item?
1 x

Catticus

Re: Jewelry

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Go to the "Topic" "Jewelry", which is where you posted this, and do a search using "China". You will find the same questions you just asked, and replies from the Mods. Most tags say "Made in China." The repy is that they contract with China, etc. But the Mod explained it better than I am. Hope this helps.
💞🙂💞
0 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Here it is:
Moderator_Stephanie wrote:
4 years ago
Tothemoon wrote:
4 years ago
Shop LC touts itself as being vertically integrated and manufacturing it’s own jewelry, but it’s kind of hard to believe when many of the items say made in China and Shop LC is unable to replace the missing stones and broken findings. It’s very embarrassing when you are showing off a new “real” ruby ring ( which is actually a fissure filled substandard piece of ruby) and you haven’t noticed that one of the accent stones are already missing but the person you are showing the ring to notices. Every time I go to a craft store I search for tiny rhinestones that I can crazy glue onto my rings that have missing accent stones. I consider every purchase I make at Shop LC to be costume jewelry which is how I am able to justify continuing to purchase from them.
Shop LC does manufacture our own jewelry. We have manufacturers in China, India, etc that create our jewelry and then it is shipped directly to our warehouse. Unfortunately, we do not keep a stock of loose gemstones on hand in our warehouse to be able to replace missing gemstones, except in certain exceptions which are handled on a case by case basis.
0 x

JJ

Post by JJ » 4 years ago

Thanks everyone. It is true about the quality. There is much less silver and the ring looks cheap. I am going to return it.
1 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

JJ wrote:
4 years ago
I just received a sleeping beauty ring I purchased from their on line catalogue. The tag say "Made in China?" What the neck is up with that? I don't know if this is real sleeping beauty. Has anyone else had this happen? Should I return the item?
I assure you that we guarantee all of our gemstones are genuine stones unless otherwise indicated within the product descriptions. As quoted above, we do have multiple manufacturers that create our jewelry lines for us that are located around the world. We are truly sorry to hear that you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase and are returning it for refund.
0 x

SueB

Post by SueB » 4 years ago

JJ wrote:
4 years ago
Thanks everyone. It is true about the quality. There is much less silver and the ring looks cheap. I am going to return it.
This is too bad!!??? They used to make some nice sturdy rings w/ better prongs! Not the 10 plain silver though they’ve always been Not good. Now some of the bezel set silver rings are real nice!I have some nice Bali and artisan crafted rings!!!! But the over$30 and upwards they need some major overhauls!!!! Prongs too thin to start with! I’ve some beautiful cluster rings of yrs past that you could run over pantyhose and they wouldn’t snag!!!
2 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

SueB wrote:
4 years ago
JJ wrote:
4 years ago
This is too bad!!??? They used to make some nice sturdy rings w/ better prongs! Not the 10 plain silver though they’ve always been Not good. Now some of the bezel set silver rings are real nice!I have some nice Bali and artisan crafted rings!!!! But the over$30 and upwards they need some major overhauls!!!! Prongs too thin to start with! I’ve some beautiful cluster rings of yrs past that you could run over pantyhose and they wouldn’t snag!!!
WOW...prong set stones that didn't even snag pantyhose? ...can't begin to imagine that! Don't think I own a single prong set anything that doesn't snag...guess I'm not livin' the dream😳
3 x

TerryTalk

Post by TerryTalk » 4 years ago

I’ve seen other sites sell Sleeping Beauty turquoise say made in China. For example, JTV explains that the gemstones are from Globe, Az. and are Sleeping Beauty turquoise but the gemstones are assembled with the setting and ring in China. This was relayed to me by two different supervisors in two separate calls I made to them on two separate days. I have also seen Sleeping Beauty turquoise jewelry “made in Mexico “ with the same explanation except substitute Mexico for China. I believe JTV in their explanation and any turquoise I have purchased from them I have had it listed as ( right on the invoice) as Sleeping Beauty turquoise. So what is ShopLC’s explanation?
1 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

TerryTalk wrote:
4 years ago
I’ve seen other sites sell Sleeping Beauty turquoise say made in China. For example, JTV explains that the gemstones are from Globe, Az. and are Sleeping Beauty turquoise but the gemstones are assembled with the setting and ring in China. This was relayed to me by two different supervisors in two separate calls I made to them on two separate days. I have also seen Sleeping Beauty turquoise jewelry “made in Mexico “ with the same explanation except substitute Mexico for China. I believe JTV in their explanation and any turquoise I have purchased from them I have had it listed as ( right on the invoice) as Sleeping Beauty turquoise. So what is ShopLC’s explanation?
As stated above, I assure you that we guarantee all of our gemstones are genuine stones unless otherwise indicated within the product descriptions. As quoted further above, we do have multiple manufacturers that create our jewelry lines for us that are located around the world.
0 x