Confusing

RoxiJade

Confusing

Post by RoxiJade » 3 years ago

Shawn and Karen are presenting the Norell, again, but this time in a new configuration. They magically have the Elixir again, plus New York, neither of which are in a sealed box. They are in a gift bag, and include a small bottle of Norell perfume and spray sample. I have never bought any fragrance that wasn't in a sealed box, so I was wondering if these could be customer return bottles? If so, I would want to know that. I sent them a question, no answer. If you buy a perfume as a gift, would you want to know if it had already been used?
11 x

Jt
Answers: 1

Re: Confusing

Post by Jt » 3 years ago

My goodness if used I would not want it at all.
That's like buying at a garage sale. Mind you my kids grew up with garage sale items as most times we struggled even with buying second hand items, so I am not snubbing this source. And now a days with all kinds of ... garage sales have lost their appeal...

To buy something used under the pretenses of being new is quite questionable to me.
If they can do this you would think there would be a disclaimer.

Maybe they got a bulk shipment and to set up the deal the packaging was excluded where they got a bargain which then would be good thing.
As you are aware a lot products' cost goes into the packaging.

ShopLC roots instead of Shop Low Cost was originally Liquidation Channel.
So point being the company started out as a liquidator...

Not a bad thing as a bargain is a bargain only if it's decent? hmmm

I wish they would have answered you that would have been a courtesy appreciated.
10 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

I would almost BET, THEY ARE RETURNS. 🤨
8 x

shopLC_alex

Post by shopLC_alex » 3 years ago

RoxiJade wrote:
3 years ago
Shawn and Karen are presenting the Norell, again, but this time in a new configuration. They magically have the Elixir again, plus New York, neither of which are in a sealed box. They are in a gift bag, and include a small bottle of Norell perfume and spray sample. I have never bought any fragrance that wasn't in a sealed box, so I was wondering if these could be customer return bottles? If so, I would want to know that. I sent them a question, no answer. If you buy a perfume as a gift, would you want to know if it had already been used?
Good afternoon,

Thank you for your inquiry, we do not resale used and/or returned merchandise. Please let us know if there are any other questions we may answer and thank you for being part of our family at Shop LC.
4 x

RoxiJade

Jt wrote:
3 years ago
My goodness if used I would not want it at all.
That's like buying at a garage sale. Mind you my kids grew up with garage sale items as most times we struggled even with buying second hand items, so I am not snubbing this source. And now a days with all kinds of ... garage sales have lost their appeal...

To buy something used under the pretenses of being new is quite questionable to me.
If they can do this you would think there would be a disclaimer.

Maybe they got a bulk shipment and to set up the deal the packaging was excluded where they got a bargain which then would be good thing.
As you are aware a lot products' cost goes into the packaging.

ShopLC roots instead of Shop Low Cost was originally Liquidation Channel.
So point being the company started out as a liquidator...

Not a bad thing as a bargain is a bargain only if it's decent? hmmm

I wish they would have answered you that would have been a courtesy appreciated.
I agree, it would be fine with me if they actually did get the bulk shipment as you mentioned as a possibility. But so many times I have heard them say about this product that "they can't go back to the well" for more, the "New York and Elixir are no longer being made", this is a "one time opportunity buy from the Needless Markup store", so on and so forth. There is probably nothing wrong with it, but if this is brand new stock I'd like to get confirmation on it before I buy. So, as usual, I will pass. My motto is, "when in doubt, don't".
9 x

RoxiJade

Harlequin wrote:
3 years ago
I would almost BET, THEY ARE RETURNS. 🤨
[/quiote]

Yes, I am inclined to believe so as well.
5 x

KLiz

Post by KLiz » 3 years ago

I as well bet they are returns. I understand that moderator Alex must say that lc never resales returned items. However having been a customer for over 5 years I cannot count on all my fingers and all my toes which I still have all of the number of times I have received items that were not packaged correctly just thrown into a box with scratches with pieces missing and other miscellaneous points to having been returned and since most were auction items I really had no choice but to keep them or to send them back and pay for postage more than the item. Paaa lease be honest we are not nearly as dumb as you think we are. Be safe have a nice holiday k
11 x

CJM

Post by CJM » 3 years ago

If the fragrance comes wrapped in cellophane it should be ok. If it comes without...nah. Same with lotion; should have a foil seal ; otherwise it’s not good. JMO. Unfortunately you won’t know until you get it in the mail.
12 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

I’m sorry but, YES SLC SELLS RETURNED ITEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!
9 x

Sam

Post by Sam » 3 years ago

They've been saying the Sleeping Beauty mine is shut down for over 10 years, now. But, somehow, they magically produce enough for a 24 hour 'smackdown'. Over and over. They'll tell you something is the 'lowest price ever in the history of Shop LC' even though you just bought it cheaper the day before. Yesterday, they had sherpa loungers on, swearing NO ONE HAD THEM CHEAPER, ANYWHERE!! I got one, exactly the same, on another channel for $8 cheaper, same shipping, same day! Now, it's Norell, champagne diamonds (mines are closed?) etc. that soon won't be available. Yeah. I believe them. Really. Do you know what soon won't be available? Us, buying your products.
11 x