Chrysocolla Anyone?

RS

Chrysocolla Anyone?

Post by RS » 4 years ago

This is a new stone for me. I have been seeing the previews for the upcoming shows on Sunday. Is anybody else going to give some a try? Has anyone ordered it before?...if so, I would love your opinions on it because I just ordered a Chrysocolla ring. The mottled colors of the stones are very pretty imho.
1 x

CC

Re: Chrysocolla Anyone?

Post by CC » 4 years ago

I have six pieces and I do like the color and the stone .They sold it a few years back and that's when I got mine.. I really haven't seen any advertising for it in a very long time until this current event was advertised. I actually have a ring where the chrysocolla stone has tanzanite going down two sides of the ring, I have one solitaire ring and I have a ring where it has blue topaz on the left and right of the stone two necklaces and one bracelet.
2 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

Rs: I have Chrysocolla jewelry, two pairs of earrings, one of them from an expensive jewelry store in Peru. Both pieces are set in sterling Silver. The gem is very pretty. The Chrysocolla that the ShopLC is having for the show is also from Peru. You will love your jewelry.
3 x

Tothemoon

Post by Tothemoon » 4 years ago

I purchased 3 rings a while back. 2 have beautiful stones that are a nice combination of green and turquoise, but one is an all muddied green. You have to hope to get a good stone.
2 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

Chrysocolla that is being sold here is stabilized, I did read online that it is usually sold with no treatment so I am wondering why Shop LC is treating it?
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Gem Lover...does it say it is stabilized? I was watching the presentation for a bit today and heard Cheryl SPECIFICALLY STATE that ShopLC’s Chrysocolla was all natural. Are we being duped?
If so...I want my money back for the ring I bought and they can send someone to pick it up.

Are you reading this MODS?
2 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

Gemstone treatments are listed at https://www.shoplc.com/education/gemsto ... ments-list

Chrysocolla is a natural stone that is usually impregnated to improve appearance and stability. AAA Chrysocolla undergoes stabilization to increase its durability.
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Then the hosts, in this specific instance, Cheryl...need to NOT say to the viewer that the stone is all natural. Also, FULL DISCLOSURE!
As a retailer it is ShopLC’s obligation to put that information in the item description. NOT to make the customer go searching for the information in another place on the site.
That is shady.
When you have a show happening and items are selling rapidly, and quick sell so-and-so is doing their job (quick sell) the customer is not going to nor would it occur to them to think...”hmmm, I wonder if the stone is treated and I should perhaps look for that information somewhere on the site?”
NO, it should be on the item page and hosts should speak truthfully about the product.
I do not buy stabilized stones and I do NOT buy misrepresented items.
ShopLC may arrange a pick up for the Chrysocolla ring I ordered as I will not waste MY time to take it to be returned when I never would have ordered it if I had been given full disclosure.
Consider me one unhappy customer.
3 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

We are truly sorry to hear that you are not completely satisfied with your purchase. A prepaid return label is included with your invoice that you can use to send items back to Shop LC for refund. Simply package the items with the return form, tape the label to the outside of the package - making sure to cover any previous labels - and place in your mailbox, or outgoing mail drop, for your carrier to pick up.
0 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Mod, with all due respect this is not simply being unhappy with my purchase. I was lied to and everyone else who bought that ring and items with that stone were lied to as well. ShopLC needs to do right by their customers.
3 x