Annoying Hosts Go Off Topic

NYCGirl

Annoying Hosts Go Off Topic

Post by NYCGirl » 4 years ago

I won't mention names. I am annoyed with a host who appears to be obsessed with himself/herself, telling stories that ramble on and on, and showing the featured jewelry is of least importance. Sometimes email is read live on air from fans who swoon regarding this host. This over the top praise and flattery is causing a breakout of ego mania, and the jewelry gets lost, seeming like the least priority. This drives me crazy. I'm here for the jewelry. I want a professional assessment, a tour, and a really good look at the piece. Please stick to jewelry people!
8 x

Gypsy

Re: Annoying Hosts Go Off Topic

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Agree that it is annoying. The stories are interesting, the information and history of the gemstone is interesting, but I think most everyone wants the jewelry pieces to be showcased much more.
Shoplc cant expect us to "come in early" and commit to something unless we have gotten a really, really good look. The use of a PIP screen has been suggested and used a bit and I really think that would have worked well in what you were watching... host in the box and co-host showcasing and measuring. Giving us a good look at details and show on hand !!! Really think this would help when the stories are long
6 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

Thank you for providing feedback regarding our hosts and how the product is presented. We have forwarded your feedback to our host team.
0 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

NYCGirl wrote:
4 years ago
I won't mention names. I am annoyed with a host who appears to be obsessed with himself/herself, telling stories that ramble on and on, and showing the featured jewelry is of least importance. Sometimes email is read live on air from fans who swoon regarding this host. This over the top praise and flattery is causing a breakout of ego mania, and the jewelry gets lost, seeming like the least priority. This drives me crazy. I'm here for the jewelry. I want a professional assessment, a tour, and a really good look at the piece. Please stick to jewelry people!
I agree wholeheartedly
1 x

NYCGirl

Gypsy wrote:
4 years ago
Agree that it is annoying. The stories are interesting, the information and history of the gemstone is interesting, but I think most everyone wants the jewelry pieces to be showcased much more.
Shoplc cant expect us to "come in early" and commit to something unless we have gotten a really, really good look. The use of a PIP screen has been suggested and used a bit and I really think that would have worked well in what you were watching... host in the box and co-host showcasing and measuring. Giving us a good look at details and show on hand !!! Really think this would help when the stories are long
Thank you for responding. It's always good to know fellow shoppers share your concerns. It's OK if the stories pertain to the gem stones, or the jewelry. I just go crazy with one host in particular,who is on a lot, goes off on tangents with personal stories and/or information, and I don't get to see what's being presented in the kind of detail you mention. Thanks!
0 x

NYCGirl

Spooky wrote:
4 years ago
NYCGirl wrote:
4 years ago
I agree wholeheartedly
Thank you for understanding! It's good to know that other shoppers can have similar concerns!
0 x

TerryTalk

Post by TerryTalk » 4 years ago

We want to see the jewelry please! Stories have their place but....we’re here for the JEWELRY! Thanks 😊
3 x

Jewls

Post by Jewls » 4 years ago

NYCGirl wrote:
4 years ago
I've heard the same story about kunzite 5 times!
1 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Whats even more annoying is since August, the hosts drag out the items until they reveal the final price. It becomes very long and monotonous until the next item is presented. Like you said, the stories are long and repeated over and over. Often the size and important info On the items are ignored by the hosts.
Also the coupons that used to be good on web items excluding the on air items, have changed. Only good for limited items. I have a feeling that will change when Amit sees, that this change is causing less and less website sales. Most of my hundreds of items I bought are with a coupon. So, I have been watching a few items to buy when they add a 30% coupon. Until then, I wont buy. But if they do allow a coupon, and raise the price, so its much less then 30% off, I wont buy. I am well aware what the price was. If they raise it before applying the coupon, I dont buy.
I understand new leaders, change how things work. For me, I am not a fan of the NEW WAY 🙄
10 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

Agree
4 x