Bali items

Gem Lover

Bali items

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I recently received 3 items from the Bali artisan line and there is no sterling silver stamp or mark on them. On the tag it says sterling silver but not on the jewelry, I thought all sterling silver and gold are suppose to be marked on the jewelry, all my other jewelry is stamped with one of those. Has anyone else noticed this on any of their jewelry?
1 x

Topic Tags:

Moderator_Stephanie

Re: Bali items

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
I recently received 3 items from the Bali artisan line and there is no sterling silver stamp or mark on them. On the tag it says sterling silver but not on the jewelry, I thought all sterling silver and gold are suppose to be marked on the jewelry, all my other jewelry is stamped with one of those. Has anyone else noticed this on any of their jewelry?
Not all sterling silver may have the stamp. It depends on the size of the piece, where it was manufactured, and whether or not the stamp would interfere with either the design or integrity of the item. We do guarantee that all of our products labeled as sterling silver are 925 sterling silver, nickel free.
0 x

TerryTalk

Post by TerryTalk » 4 years ago

Wow, Gemlover— like you I ALWAYS thought sterling silver jewelry had to be marked or stamped with 925 or sterling! Even on my tiny pieces I can take a loupe or a magnifying glass and find a stamp! I have NEVER heard of a vendor or manufacturer stating that a piece won’t be marked or stamped because it might interfere with the design. Honestly, if I receive a piece like that I am returning the item. I know it can be tested for being really silver but I want it marked! I am new to ShopLC—but not at all to jewelry or home shopping and I have NEVER heard of this at all & it’s concerning to me!
2 x

TerryTalk

Btw—I have jewelry from Bali—not from ShopLC— that’s sterling silver and all the pieces are marked and the pieces are from a couple of different vendors/ shopping channels. Additionally, I have jewelry from all over the world—I mean from all over— I think every continent except Antarctica, and the pieces are marked sterling and/or 925. I am still blown away....😩🤥
2 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

The quality stamp 925 is not required per the National Gold and Silver Marketing Act. However if the piece is stamped 925, it must be accompanied by the manufacturer's hallmark stamp as well.
0 x

TerryTalk

It might not be required but I want it and I would be willing to believe many people do want it! Gosh—talk about doing the bare minimum—NOT a great selling point is it? Not imo.
2 x

TerryTalk

This makes me totally rethink spending any $$ with ShopLC. I spend a LOT of $$ on jewelry— haven’t done it yet with ShopLC because I check things out before I start spending. But my $$ have been spent with QVC, JTV, Etsy, ShopHQ (Evine), Ross Simons, etc... for years and I have NEVER experienced unmarked sterling silver or gold and add all the department stores and jewelry stores as well! So ShopLC is in the minority in this regard imo 😫
2 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

Moderator_Stephanie wrote:
4 years ago
The quality stamp 925 is not required per the National Gold and Silver Marketing Act. However if the piece is stamped 925, it must be accompanied by the manufacturer's hallmark stamp as well.
Most jewelry companies need to have 925 stamp on sterling silver to avoid been deceived with a fake metaI. I have a lot of Sterling Silver pieces, including my ShopLC jewelry. And it's a requirement.
1 x

TerryTalk

But you will see Gem Lover’s post above where the being made is she received 3 Bali items from ShopLC that are supposed to be sterling and are NOT marked—-okay legally maybe they don’t have to be—but I want them to be marked! As I stated, of course they can be tested—but my reply is—well of course the piece can be stamped 😊
2 x

TerryTalk

I will definitely return any item that is sterling and is not marked/stamped on the item. If others don’t mind, keep the item—I won’t. There are tooooo many places I can purchase items that are ALWAYS stamped sterling when they are sterling!
1 x