Cheryl

TerryTalk

Re: Cheryl

Post by TerryTalk » 4 years ago

Cheryl didn’t yell and scream like she does now when she was on JTV! She would get a bit loud and excited— but nothing like she is on ShopLC! So she definitely has it in her not to be yelling and screaming— I saw her do it for a long time on JTV! I always thought she left JTV because at about the time she left JTV was switching to presenting almost all jewelry— and hardly any more gemstones. The class action lawsuit regarding the gemstone I always thought really didn’t have anything to do with her leaving JTV—the timing isn’t the same—or so I have been told—who knows? Bottom line? Cheryl can present her great knowledge without yelling and making some of us use our mute buttons or change the channel— she’s done it before and better IMO 😊👍
1 x

Hot4TENER

Post by Hot4TENER » 4 years ago

Mag wrote:
4 years ago
I used to watch Cheryl on JTV, that's where she used to host. I think (I do NOT know) that she quit JTV b/c she was required to restrain herself from talking loudly and being herself 'on air', I could tell. She was/is VERY knowledgeable about gemstones.... period. I appreciate her knowledge and like her jovial attitude, I always did at JTV and I was thrilled when she started with Shop LC. I agree that she gets a little boisterous, but the only reason, I think, that she asks for the camera to come back is that she wants to talk to everyone sincerely and she wants to make sure that everyone sees her face and her demeanor and knows that she's being sincere, truthful, and excited. She is truly fired up about what she's doing, and wants EVERYONE to feel the same way. I have checked out some of the things she's spoken about and it's ALWAYS truthful, I'll say that for her. And would you rather have a quiet host who isn't near as knowledgeable as she is.... I wouldn't. It's a trade off.... It's worth a little loud talk to have someone who knows her 'stuff'.. that's my opinion.
Totally not "ALWAYS" truthful! I'll start keeping track for you, but off the top of my head, I know she's said that the "jadite" jade that they sell is the most valuable type of jade. It's not.
3 x

TerryTalk

Btw most of the jadeite sold on all shopping channels isn’t worth much because it’s dyed and/or bleached. When I have researched this I have found out that regardless of it being “jadeite”—if it’s dyed and/or bleached—enjoy it, but it’s not worth much at all! Most shopping channels act like as long as it is jadeite it’s valuable— not so! Something Cheryl preaches about—so her veracity is sometimes in question for me—but she’s hardly alone in that regard 🤪
3 x

Hot4TENER

Post by Hot4TENER » 4 years ago

Just watched a video with Cheryl saying that ShopLC doesn't sell single A tanzanite. Untrue. I've received it.
2 x

Motsey

Post by Motsey » 4 years ago

I have to mute the TV when she is on. I can't stand the screeching and yelling. I'm seeing some of the other hosts are starting to yell some. The other channel I watch is not like LC at all. The presentation and the talking is much easier to take.
1 x

TerryTalk

Honestly, just because someone is a graduate gemologist doesn’t mean that every thing that person says is the gospel truth and god forbid I cannot have any criticism of their job skills—-not whether the person is a good human being—but his/her job skills! Just like we critique a movie, a piece of jewelry, a waiter at a restaurant, etc...
2 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

TerryTalk wrote:
4 years ago
Honestly, just because someone is a graduate gemologist doesn’t mean that every thing that person says is the gospel truth and god forbid I cannot have any criticism of their job skills—-not whether the person is a good human being—but his/her job skills! Just like we critique a movie, a piece of jewelry, a waiter at a restaurant, etc...
You’re right TerryTalk. Gia grads don’t ‘walk
on water’. They are lots of fun to learn from
though. We as consumers have to use our
discretion as to whether we agree to what’s
being said and read/ask other Gia grads for
their opinions as well. I’ve seen some absolutely
ridiculous appraisals by Gia grads. I’m just
saying that Cheryl & Becky really inspire me to
learn more about minerals and gems and have
awoken the gem geek/rock hound in me. Appraisals
don’t mean anything if you don’t like what’s in front
of you.
2 x

TerryTalk

I love learning about gemstones too! I really like the set of books: The Sisk Gemology Reference books, set of 3. Have you ever seen them? They are excellent! You get the A to Zs on gemstones and great guides/explanations and photos to die for! I highly recommend them!!!
2 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

Yes I’ve seen those books. Was that tray
of tanzanite on jtv for tonight’s show?
I miss the big shows!
0 x

TerryTalk

You know Spooky I was not able to watch most of the JTV show. I will say I miss Cheryl doing her gemstone shows on JTV—learned a lot from her and she was so much better and easier to watch! Of course, it was a different format for her. But I wish she would bring out that part of herself a lot more! Btw, the bit of what I saw on JTV was light blue tanzanite— turned off the tv and started my new book 🤣
1 x