Once upon a time...

Blossom

Once upon a time...

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Once upon a time, SLC hosts normally did their segments solo. I understand maybe needing a co-host for various reasons but...when the host was presenting items alone, it was all about the presentations & focus on the jewelry, etc.

When someone is standing beside you, of course you need to 'make nice' but the item presentations are what suffers as the result.
7 x

TerryTalk

Re: Once upon a time...

Post by TerryTalk » 4 years ago

Great point! Focus on the jewelry please 😎
4 x

mpompadour

Post by mpompadour » 4 years ago

Yes, I really liked it better when there was a single host. Nothing to distract the host and they were able for the most part to focus on the jewelry. When 2 people are hosting it sometimes feels like one or the other is trying to take over or talk over the other person. I don't mind a bit of banter between hosts, but more often than not they get off on an entirely different subject, get louder and louder and seem to forget why they are there. If these forums haven't expressed customers ongoing frustration about presentations, then I don't know what will. I'm sure the hosts and people that work at SLC read these forums. Does it fall on deaf ears? Sure seems so. :!:
4 x

TerryTalk

Seems like this community forum doesn’t change much as far as ShopLC practices go—guess they think there’s not enough people to be concerned about. Give them their “little forum “ pay a moderator to check in here and there and keep the few think things are “being looked into “. I doubt it...Maybe a word or two goes up the chain of command— but look— you have the PRESIDENT of the company coming on as a co-host and usually speaking so fast it difficult to understand what he’s saying and sometimes he’s on with a yelling host beside him— so I don’t think things will be changing anytime soon 😞🙁
3 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

From what I understand this forum isn't but a few months old. And I think they are listening
I've noticed a marked improvement in jewelry presentation just past few days......let's give this forum and shoplc a chance
3 x

TerryTalk

Okay—time will tell and I will see if the quality of jewelry is there. I have only purchased a few sterling items and I will be curious to see the quality! Hope it’s good!
0 x

Motsey

Post by Motsey » 4 years ago

I think the presentation is not good at all. And I really don't see the need for all the men out there with the hosts. Most speak really fast and so much chitchat and not showing the jewelry properly.
1 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

TerryTalk wrote:
4 years ago
Seems like this community forum doesn’t change much as far as ShopLC practices go—guess they think there’s not enough people to be concerned about. Give them their “little forum “ pay a moderator to check in here and there and keep the few think things are “being looked into “. I doubt it...Maybe a word or two goes up the chain of command— but look— you have the PRESIDENT of the company coming on as a co-host and usually speaking so fast it difficult to understand what he’s saying and sometimes he’s on with a yelling host beside him— so I don’t think things will be changing anytime soon 😞🙁
This forum opened two months ago, and I want to assure you that ALL feedback and suggestions are being forwarded to those that should see it. It does take time to review and make changes based off of all the feedback and suggestions that are received.
0 x

TerryTalk

Personally, I cannot watch ShopLC for very long because the format of waiting for the final price (on most days/times) & some yelling and screaming and not seeing much of the jewelry makes me change the channel quickly to another shopping network or something I have recorded 😄. I have only been watching a couple of months but wow—a little ShopLC on tv goes a long way!
2 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

Yes, the show with Katie and Adi (sp?) last night was an excellent example of this. Both hosts are enjoyable on their own - together it is just a mess. It was like watching hee-haw.
3 x