Item #3702414

MsTabbyKats

Re: Item #3702414

Post by MsTabbyKats » 3 years ago

A smart consumer is an educated consumer.
"Good stones" are never set in 10K. In addition, the price of diamonds is a set value, so to be to the point, if you're not paying much, you're not getting much.
Stick with silver and cz...you'll be happier.
4 x

CJM

Post by CJM » 3 years ago

No I wouldn’t be happier with silver/cz. I ordered diamonds/14k gold; didn’t matter. Have you looked in jewelry stores lately? Diamonds aren’t any better. I’m a Tiffany but I can’t afford their prices. People who can don’t shop here.
7 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

CJM wrote:
3 years ago
No I wouldn’t be happier with silver/cz. I ordered diamonds/14k gold; didn’t matter. Have you looked in jewelry stores lately? Diamonds aren’t any better. I’m a Tiffany but I can’t afford their prices. People who can don’t shop here.
Tiffany taste on a Shoplc budget. I can definitely relate. ♥️
7 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

Harlequin wrote:
3 years ago
Cjm:...where did you leave a review at?? Here or on website where you can see the ring??
I think she left review on website for the ring. You can look up item # to see if it posted.
4 x

CJM

Post by CJM » 3 years ago

Gemsnob. I posted review today; it takes a while to show up, as you well know. It’s not just the T...... taste, love of jewelry is in my dna; I just wasn’t blessed with artistic gift like my mother was.
4 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 3 years ago

CJM wrote:
3 years ago
1/2 carat solitaire diamond ring 10k gold for $499. Don’t bother buying. It sucks. I’ll never learn. Maybe this time I have. I’m sending back and getting one off the competitive channel. LC diamonds are consistent; 99% are the worst I’ve ever seen! I’ve wanted a solitaire for so long. I can’t afford jewelry store prices.😩
They state it is I3 so they aren't trying to fool anyone.
4 x

MsTabbyKats

Post by MsTabbyKats » 3 years ago

CJM wrote:
3 years ago
Not true...jewelry is my avocation. I have ultra expensive pieces and "shop here" too. I found some great values on this network, in silver. As I stated earlier....a good consumer is an educated consumer. If you see something in 10K with a clarity of I3...take your $499...and get a nice silver piece with cz.
2 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 3 years ago

MsTabbyKats wrote:
3 years ago
CJM wrote:
3 years ago
Not true...jewelry is my avocation. I have ultra expensive pieces and "shop here" too. I found some great values on this network, in silver. As I stated earlier....a good consumer is an educated consumer. If you see something in 10K with a clarity of I3...take your $499...and get a nice silver piece with cz.
Huh?

Use the $499...on a “nice” silver piece with cubic zirconia(s)?

It would have to be far more than just a “nice” piece of jewelry in silver with cubic zirconias, for me to spend $499 on it!

Like maybe a “Time Traveler Ring”, or maybe bracelet cuffs with special powers, like Wonder Woman has!
8 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

:lol: :lol: :lol:
6 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

MsTabbyKats wrote:
3 years ago
A smart consumer is an educated consumer.
"Good stones" are never set in 10K. In addition, the price of diamonds is a set value, so to be to the point, if you're not paying much, you're not getting much.
Stick with silver and cz...you'll be happier.
The point is this:

SLC touts themselves as being vertically integrated thus being able to pass these supposedly HUGE savings on to the customer. Passing off junk as high quality is not what is what SLC claims nor what we, the consumers should expect.

Many of us also came here for the convenience, fun and variety.

Pay $400.00 for a silver cz piece?! NOW THAT is NOT an educated consumer.

Can I shop and have I shopped at Tiffany and Cartier and the likes????....YEP. Doesn’t mean I don’t like to shop here as well.

But as I stated above, fun, convenience and variety, along with what SLC says is value and quality. Many of those things are now missing and many of us are still here hoping for those things to reappear.

And let’s not forget when they show these “fabulous, sparkling, eye-clean 🙄” diamonds on t.v. the ones we receive are ANYTHING but. So SLC uses a mock-up piece to show live. And send the shoppers what the item really is. Classic bait and switch.

I think many of us have been burned here with the promise of quality only to be disappointed.

But don’t infer that we are not educated consumers and do not presume to suggest a silver CZ replacement at the cost of $400.00 which IMO is ludicrous.

WELCOME to the forum. 😊
10 x